• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ready for the Knicks playoff run

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
Wow, they're like the Rod Carew of the NBA.

No, Rod Carew was closer to .400.
devil.gif

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dopey
I know all of you former doubters are coming around now that the Knicks have launched a brand new winning streak with their victory over the Bobcats last night. Tomorrow, Friday night, they will get a chance to extend the winning streak to two-in-a row when they take on the Hawks.

Surprisingly, the Knicks missed the opportunity to extend their winning streak to two games. Coming this late in the season, I am sure they view the loss as a wake-up call if they are serious about a strong playoff run. On the plus side, they held the Hawks scoreless for five minutes, during which time their offense matched the Hawks point for point.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You missed your calling. You ought to be a spin-meister. In fact, your posts are worth more to the Knicks organization than Isiah's leadership.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I must have missed it - were those three wins or losses in a row?

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Three in a row!!!

Originally Posted by Thomas
I must have missed it - were those three wins or losses in a row?

Losses, but that isn't really the point. When you are working on building a contender, the first thing to do is instill a sense of consistency. Once you have everyone going in the same direction, night after night, you can begin working on which particular direction to go in. But first, everyone has to be on the same page so you can move as a team. I think that is what Isaiah has been trying to instill his players - a sense of unity, common purpose and consistency.

taxgenius

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Losses, but that isn't really the point. When you are working on building a contender, the first thing to do is instill a sense of consistency. Once you have everyone going in the same direction, night after night, you can begin working on which particular direction to go in. But first, everyone has to be on the same page so you can move as a team. I think that is what Isaiah has been trying to instill his players - a sense of unity, common purpose and consistency.

Post of the year award!
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

FLMountainMan

White Hispanic
Reaction score

Didn't you used to work in the Iraqi government?

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You must read a lot of annual reports for troubled corporations.

Oh, and
worship.gif

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thinman
No, Rod Carew was closer to .400.
devil.gif

You must be from Minnesota. Growing up in LA, I saw more of the late-career Angels version of Carew, who would typically hit .306 with 2 home runs and 6 steals.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

worship.gif
worship.gif

Originally Posted by FLMountainMan
Didn't you used to work in the Iraqi government?

White House Press Secretary (anytime during the past seven years).

Lawyerdad, I used to be an extremely avid sports fan. I prefer to remember the Rod Carew who hit .388 and could foul off any good pitch until he got one he could hit. I know I'm showing my age, though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads