• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ready for the Knicks playoff run

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Not even the Buffalo Bills can match this degree of consistency. The Knicks are truly a sight to behold.

Originally Posted by dopey
10078238A~Figure-Five-in-Gold-Posters.jpg

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A night off is a night without a loss.
But the extension of their streak is delayed.
frown.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
These are still losses, right? When does Isaiah start pointing the ship in the right direction? Or is this part of the master plan?

In other news, the Rockets have won 19 in a row now.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
These are still losses, right? When does Isaiah start pointing the ship in the right direction? Or is this part of the master plan? In other news, the Rockets have won 19 in a row now.
It is pretty clear that from the moment he took the helm at the Garden, Isaiah has been charting a pretty steady and consistent course. He was a hall of fame player and given his excellent smile and track record, there is no reason to doubt his ability to deliver consistent results. In the meantime I would bet the Knicks hold steady and true to form longer than your Rockets do.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Try as you might, you cannot catch the Titanic that is the Miami Heat!
crackup[1].gif

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by eg1
Try as you might, you cannot catch the Titanic that is the Miami Heat!
crackup[1].gif

Tonight's the night. I am actually worried that the Knicks may lose their focus tonight. This is a big game, as not just Isaiah's plan but also position in the lottery hunt is at stake. In the Heat, the Knicks face a team that may be able to distract them. We shall see . . . sometimes, repetition and consistency help you find a way, even when the odds might be against you.

Edit: I just tuned in to the fourth quarter and watched the Knicks whittle their eight point lead over the heat down to two. They will find a way.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Sigh. Even this, the Knicks couldn't do right. Right now, I think Isaiah has to regroup and think if a new plan. They seem to be going nowhere, unable to develop consistency in any direction. Tonight's game could have meant something. If you watched the game, apart from bringing the number of viewers up to a dozen, you would have seen a Knick team that tried to lose but ran into the buzz saw of incompetence that is the Heat. With 30 seconds on the clock and a thee point lead (which they whittled down from eight through relentlessly suckery), the Knicks gave Miami no less than three open looks from behind the arc. But the Heat, playing for lottery and pride, knew how to clang each one off the rim. I hope the Knicks saw what it takes to lose with authority and took home some notes.

dopey

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I had a night to sleep on it, and with the dawn came a new hope.
I think last night's win against the Heat was the start of something big. After teaching the Knick's to lose consistently (seven games running is nothing to sneeze at), Isaiah is now teaching them to win. Granted last night's win against the team with the worst record in the league (yes, worse than the Knicks) was by only three points and it was a nailbiter, but it was without Eddie Curry, a player who has had all-star potential for years. I know Isaiah has a plan and who else would you trust to pull this off. I know the Dolans believe in him and that is good enough for me.

Playoffs, here we come!!!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Sigh. Even this, the Knicks couldn't do right. Right now, I think Isaiah has to regroup and think if a new plan. They seem to be going nowhere, unable to develop consistency in any direction. Tonight's game could have meant something. If you watched the game, apart from bringing the number of viewers up to a dozen, you would have seen a Knick team that tried to lose but ran into the buzz saw of incompetence that is the Heat. With 30 seconds on the clock and a thee point lead (which they whittled down from eight through relentlessly suckery), the Knicks gave Miami no less than three open looks from behind the arc. But the Heat, playing for lottery and pride, knew how to clang each one off the rim. I hope the Knicks saw what it takes to lose with authority and took home some notes.

Streaks will come and go but excellence is about staying the course, regardless of setbacks.

eg1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lol8[1].gif

Isiah has to find a way to put his "star" players on IR -- only then can he become lord and master in the true abyss of NBA squalor ...

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
It is pretty clear that from the moment he took the helm at the Garden, Isaiah has been charting a pretty steady and consistent course. He was a hall of fame player and given his excellent smile and track record, there is no reason to doubt his ability to deliver consistent results. In the meantime I would bet the Knicks hold steady and true to form longer than your Rockets do.

...21 in a row now, while your Knicks could manage only a meager 7. Then again, were it not for the Heat, who knows how far the Knicks could have continued along their destiny for greatness.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
New York looks like it's got a chance to re-kindle their streak against Atlanta.

In other news...Rockets.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads