• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me ID these boat shoes

bsyde82

Reaction score
This is from that CDFA showcase of "new" american designers

anyone know who makes this boat shoe? seems like it could be an ankle high type shoe, b/c i see three eyelets rather than the standard 2 found on sperry top siders

Attachment 8720

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Those are quoddys, check south willard site.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'm fairly certain they're Quoddy's and made in the USA. I think they've been making up special orders for a lot of the smaller designers lately like Rogues Gallery as well (there's a high top boat shoe for S/S 08 for example). Engineered Garments has used them in past too I believe, based off pictures I've seen. Pictures:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Those green ones are dope, I need a pair of those in red and yellow as well.

evilgeniusdan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1003.jpg
Far from boat shoes but I really like the look of Quoddy's grizzly boots.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by vvoc
am i correct to assume these are a custom job and not for retail sell?
They are custom jobs, but they will be available for sale - Ian will be getting them in a full size range, and Shop Jake might as well (they had Rogues Gallery's custom grizzly boots last season). If they're under the $200 range I'll probably pick up a pair if I can get them in my size. Edit: Bah, it looks like they're leather and are just under $400. ;_;

adelphi

Reaction score
Those boat shoes look good, but damn, Quoddy's are like double the price of Sperry's.

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by adelphi
Those boat shoes look good, but damn, Quoddy's are like double the price of Sperry's.
Only if the Sperry's are on sale? Their leather ones are just shy of $100 and go up from there. (from looking at prices on endless.com)

what size should i get in quoddys?
I think the consensus is that they're true to size. You might want to check over at AAAC's trad forum though.

vvoc

Reaction score
wow those green boat shoes are gorgeous, shame the price tag is so high and also not a fan of the fact that tongue is attached to the shoe...id hope to pull the tongue out and let it flop....damn really want those though, whats peoples opinion of those versus quoddy grizzly boots (which are actually cheaper)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads