1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Help me ID these boat shoes

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by bsyde82, Feb 15, 2008.

1. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

This is from that CDFA showcase of "new" american designers

anyone know who makes this boat shoe? seems like it could be an ankle high type shoe, b/c i see three eyelets rather than the standard 2 found on sperry top siders

Attachment 8720
    [​IMG]

2. jet

jet Senior member

Those are quoddys, check south willard site.

3. robin

robin Senior member

I'm fairly certain they're Quoddy's and made in the USA. I think they've been making up special orders for a lot of the smaller designers lately like Rogues Gallery as well (there's a high top boat shoe for S/S 08 for example). Engineered Garments has used them in past too I believe, based off pictures I've seen. Pictures: [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. jet

jet Senior member

Those green ones are dope, I need a pair of those in red and yellow as well.

5. evilgeniusdan

evilgeniusdan Senior member

[​IMG] Far from boat shoes but I really like the look of Quoddy's grizzly boots.

6. vvoc

vvoc Senior member

[​IMG]

am i correct to assume these are a custom job and not for retail sell?

7. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

damn yea those ankle hi versions are sick....thanks guys

8. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

FWIW, Ask Andy trads have been all over quoddy for years.

9. robin

robin Senior member

am i correct to assume these are a custom job and not for retail sell?
    They are custom jobs, but they will be available for sale - Ian will be getting them in a full size range, and Shop Jake might as well (they had Rogues Gallery's custom grizzly boots last season). If they're under the $200 range I'll probably pick up a pair if I can get them in my size. Edit: Bah, it looks like they're leather and are just under $400. ;_;

10. vvoc

vvoc Senior member

got a link or something?

11. robin

robin Senior member

12. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

what size should i get in quoddys? i wear size 9 in most brands, including JV chucks, and 41 in CPs, for reference

13. adelphi

adelphi Senior member

Those boat shoes look good, but damn, Quoddy's are like double the price of Sperry's.

14. robin

robin Senior member

Those boat shoes look good, but damn, Quoddy's are like double the price of Sperry's.
    Only if the Sperry's are on sale? Their leather ones are just shy of $100 and go up from there. (from looking at prices on endless.com)

I think the consensus is that they're true to size. You might want to check over at AAAC's trad forum though.

15. vvoc

vvoc Senior member

wow those green boat shoes are gorgeous, shame the price tag is so high and also not a fan of the fact that tongue is attached to the shoe...id hope to pull the tongue out and let it flop....damn really want those though, whats peoples opinion of those versus quoddy grizzly boots (which are actually cheaper)

16. JOA

JOA Senior member

I have a pair of Quoddy Boat Shoes and they're terrific. I wear a 9.5 in most shoes and my Quoddy's are 9.5 as well. I got mine last February. The wait-time is quite long after your order--like 2-3 months because they make them up special for you. They get quite backlogged.

BTW, they can do any style shoe in different leathers. I'm thinking about gettting a blucher moc done in chocolate brown suede. They've mailed me a few leather samples.

17. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Senior member

JOA, what's the upcharge for something custom like that?

18. bsyde82

bsyde82 Senior member

I have a pair of Quoddy Boat Shoes and they're terrific. I wear a 9.5 in most shoes and my Quoddy's are 9.5 as well. I got mine last February. The wait-time is quite long after your order--like 2-3 months because they make them up special for you. They get quite backlogged.

BTW, they can do any style shoe in different leathers. I'm thinking about gettting a blucher moc done in chocolate brown suede. They've mailed me a few leather samples.

holy crap, 2-3 months? do they not have stock pairs ready to go? i don't need custom made quality...just what i see on their website.

and anyone know if the ones on south willard are special edition or something? that mahogany one...i noticed the eyelet and lace colors are different

19. JOA

JOA Senior member

JOA, what's the upcharge for something custom like that?
    Depends on the leather. They have different colors of the same leather, plus a few different colors of suede. The suede samples they sent me had a chocolate brown, a tan, black and dark blue. There is no extra service charge but an upcharge for a leather upgrade. For suede, it's like $20 more.

holy crap, 2-3 months? do they not have stock pairs ready to go? i don't need custom made quality...just what i see on their website.

Sometimes they have pairs in stock in certain models and sizes, but not often. They make them up on an as-ordered basis. It's a very small family operation (they used to make all of the LL Bean mocs back when Bean actually offered USA made goods) and their popularity is growing quickly. I ordered my pair of boat shoes in early November of 2006 and received them in early February. Yes, it is a long time to wait but I"m telling you that the quality of this product is worth it. You may want to call them and ask what they have in stock.

(207) 853-2488

20. robin

robin Senior member

^ They're super friendly and helpful too.