• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Falke Socks

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried Falke socks before?

I got two pair of 100% cashmere over the calf from the wife for Christmas, and I have to say they are bad ass.

They have them on STP for pretty good prices.

Hard2Fit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wearing a pair of sea island (likely from STP) right now.
They are indeed very nice.

chang

Reaction score
I have about 4 pairs of these socks and absolutely love them, especially the OTC. I have some regular mid calf length ones in maroon that I also like, but I wear sock garters with them. I think the quality of these is really high.

antirabbit

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you feel compared to some of the other brands highly regarded here?

flatfront

Reaction score
I wear the Sea Island cotton for work every day and like them alot. Prefer them to Pantherella purley on longevity and the fact they seem to stay up better.

ccffm1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by flatfront
Prefer them to Pantherella purley on longevity and the fact they seem to stay up better.

Ditto.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
The one pair of Falke socks I owned never stayed up, but I haven't tried them since then.

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have lots of Falke.
Especialy the numer series 7, 8, 9 & 10 are exelent.
Also hve quite a few french Dore Dore that i like a lott.

Alphadave

Reaction score
I've been looking for falke socks for a while now. Thanks for the STP tip. 100% cotton isn't very common in stores. I guess the lack of stretchy material probably doesn't help them stay up though.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alphadave
100% cotton isn't very common in stores. I guess the lack of stretchy material probably doesn't help them stay up though.

No, no it does not.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i've been wearing falke socks for years as well
like them equally as pantherella socks

i have had wear issues with pantherella socks in the past with heels wearing thin or ripping after short wear times and have not encountered this with falke

emptym

Reaction score
They used to make individualized right and left socks. Anyone ever tried those?

rockyfella

Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym

I have these, it sure is a conversation piece. They also make these "optimized" for various sports like hiking, tennis, etc. Quite comfy, I love them.

speedster.8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by emptym
They stil make them. A winter series, primary wool and a summer series in cotton. They are nice, but no match for the numbers series in terms of material quality. Its like comparing a Merc with a Bentley
wink.gif
They ar both nice, at their level ...

c3cubed

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hermes
i've been wearing falke socks for years as well
like them equally as pantherella socks

i have had wear issues with pantherella socks in the past with heels wearing thin or ripping after short wear times and have not encountered this with falke

That is my main issue with Pantherella also - one gets about a dozen wearings out of them and they're ready for the "goodwill" box. The problem is, the rest of the sock is still perfectly brand-new looking. More an issue if one walks a few blocks in the city or is travelling from one end of the airport to another, city to city.
For the finest yarns, they're among the best however and are virtually all I wear.

I wonder if the mill in Leicester is aware of this? All they need to do is up the thread count or adjust the yarn tension while knitting - in the areas that wear out quickly.
The silk socks last maybe 5 wearings if that - at $100 bucks a pop this is a nuisance also, especially during a formal event.

Dore/Dore manufactures a well respected French brand similar to Pantherella - but full availability is still mainly in Paris and other French cities. They went into hiatus a few years back during a corporate takeover but are now slowly repositioning, as well as doing private label for venerable houses like Prada, Gucci, Vuitton and yes, Hermes.

The Falke website seems to have a limited range of styles/colours, and a number of the more classic selections seem to be going into "discontinued "status.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads