• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm with you on most of those J. They are the every day thing that piss us all off. And one day we crack.

Ask my wife about the dishwasher, presumably she has the answer. While you're at it, ask her why she complains about the dishwasher not cleaning dishes probably after she lets them sit for days without rinsing them off first.

And I hate those headlights. They are blinding and complete unnecessary. Exactly what are they trying to see at that height?

Btw, Romafan, you used to be able to aim your headlights with a funny little tool that looks like an allen wrench but it is star shaped. Sort of. But I actually thought you couldn't do that on newer cars because you only replace the bulb rather than the entire fixture. But I could be wrong.

b

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Walking back from class in 60 MPH winds (not exaggerating) with hail balls slamming me in the face.
plain.gif
plain.gif
plain.gif
plain.gif
plain.gif

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
Walking back from class in 60 MPH winds (not exaggerating) with hail balls slamming me in the face.

plain.gif
plain.gif
plain.gif
plain.gif
plain.gif

builds character. keep up the good work.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
balls slamming me in the face.

plain.gif
plain.gif
plain.gif
plain.gif
plain.gif

I mean, really man. You must TRY to do this....

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
How does one aim one's headlights?
confused.gif

You have to look in the manual for the particular car, but there are usually screws of some kind that adjust the headlight assembly or individual headlight bucket up/down and right/left. I believe it is a DOT requirement on cars. You can find detailed instructions on the web but basically you park facing a wall 50' or so away, and adjust the headlights so the cutoff of the bright part of the beam is just below the height of your headlights (i.e., so they are angled down).

http://www.ehow.com/how_112704_adjust-headlights.html

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
I'm with you on most of those J. They are the every day thing that piss us all off. And one day we crack.

Ask my wife about the dishwasher, presumably she has the answer. While you're at it, ask her why she complains about the dishwasher not cleaning dishes probably after she lets them sit for days without rinsing them off first.

And I hate those headlights. They are blinding and complete unnecessary. Exactly what are they trying to see at that height?

Btw, Romafan, you used to be able to aim your headlights with a funny little tool that looks like an allen wrench but it is star shaped. Sort of. But I actually thought you couldn't do that on newer cars because you only replace the bulb rather than the entire fixture. But I could be wrong.

b

Originally Posted by j
You have to look in the manual for the particular car, but there are usually screws of some kind that adjust the headlight assembly or individual headlight bucket up/down and right/left. I believe it is a DOT requirement on cars. You can find detailed instructions on the web but basically you park facing a wall 50' or so away, and adjust the headlights so the cutoff of the bright part of the beam is just below the height of your headlights (i.e., so they are angled down).

http://www.ehow.com/how_112704_adjust-headlights.html

Gotcha. I thought you meant they could be adjusted from the dash while driving....
plain.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by romafan
Gotcha. I thought you meant they could be adjusted from the dash while driving....
plain.gif

Some actually can, Mercedes from the 70s I believe had a knob you could use and some have electric adjusters (possibly Euro spec only, I can't remember). IIRC Euro cars are required to have automatic adjusting lights if they have HID, because when you load up the back of a car with 3 people and luggage, the front points high in the air, thus blinding traffic.

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
Some actually can, Mercedes from the 70s I believe had a knob you could use and some have electric adjusters (possibly Euro spec only, I can't remember). IIRC Euro cars are required to have automatic adjusting lights if they have HID, because when you load up the back of a car with 3 people and luggage, the front points high in the air, thus blinding traffic.

Probably only European since mine is manually adjusted from the front. You have to take off the surrounding lens and inside is the actual module, which you then twist and turn to adjust it. It's all very hands-on.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not really pissed off, but I'm in NYC right now, and the subway is pretty ******* confusing. Luckily, the people are nice enough to help me. I was seriously walking in the wrong direction (from where I needed to be) for 45 minutes yesterday.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
Not really pissed off, but I'm in NYC right now, and the subway is pretty ******* confusing. Luckily, the people are nice enough to help me. I was seriously walking in the wrong direction (from where I needed to be) for 45 minutes yesterday.

Are you serious?
Where were you and where did you have to go?

But, I do love to help. Yesterday alone I got a girl from 63rd/Madison to the MOMA and someone by the Nat. History Museum all the way to where the Holland Tunnel dumps out.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
The social norm of "The customer is always right"

That was fine when customer service needed a retooling in this country but now it's gone so far on the other end that a revolution is needed for businesses to take back some power and not cater to every insipid and outrageous desire that a customer comes up with.

Wasnt it Jefferson (or some other old guy in a powdered wig) that said this country needs a revolution every couple hundred years?

The relationship between business/client needs a revolution. Not to say that customers shouldnt be treated right or given good service, but that businesses shouldnt be afraid of banning certain undesirable customers.

Like restaurants throwing diners out who are a pain ********** and completely unreasonable.

Now at some point this revolution will result in terrible customer service, but that's when the other side revolts and takes back some of their own, in favor of "customer is always right"

Free market should always be a pendulum and know when to start swinging the other way.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
The social norm of "The customer is always right"

That was fine when customer service needed a retooling in this country but now it's gone so far on the other end that a revolution is needed for businesses to take back some power and not cater to every insipid and outrageous desire that a customer comes up with.

Wasnt it Jefferson (or some other old guy in a powdered wig) that said this country needs a revolution every couple hundred years?

The relationship between business/client needs a revolution. Not to say that customers shouldnt be treated right or given good service, but that businesses shouldnt be afraid of banning certain undesirable customers.

Like restaurants throwing diners out who are a pain ********** and completely unreasonable.

Now at some point this revolution will result in terrible customer service, but that's when the other side revolts and takes back some of their own, in favor of "customer is always right"

Free market should always be a pendulum and know when to start swinging the other way.

People not answering PM's about whether or not their recently-purchased watch is sufficiently luminescent.... Dicks.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
The amount of toursits in NYC wearing their Columbia and other ski jackets.
Please take your old lift tickets off.

Also,the Chelsea Queen winter outfit:
Juicy Couture dog fur hooded bomber (cuz fur is so luxurious)
Burberry grey novacheck scarf (cuz its so subtle)
Cheap Monday black jeans (cuz ****** is so tight)
Uggs (cuz they are so comfy)

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Are you serious?
Where were you and where did you have to go?

But, I do love to help. Yesterday alone I got a girl from 63rd/Madison to the MOMA and someone by the Nat. History Museum all the way to where the Holland Tunnel dumps out.

I had to get down to Cooper Union for a portfolio review. And then I had to go meet my friend at 790 Amsterdam, the whole day was a mess. When I first arrived, there were some bitchy Olsen twin look-a-likes that weren't helpful at all.

I'm grateful to the lady walking her dog, the little old black lady with 4 teeth, and J.Lo, who helped me get on the S train, which took me to the 1 train, which took me to Amsterdam. God bless you.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads