• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On a side note, the Martin Puryear exhibit at the MoMA was fantastic. And, I think I screamed when I got to see "Christina's World" in real life.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
The Cooper Union...I think I've walked by that before. Isn't it around 8th street by some KMart?

Now explain it to me. Is it like a really awesome and FREE art school if you can get in?

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It is near 8th street, near NYU. And yes, it's an amazing art school. They only admit 65 students a year, and 10 transfer students. And, it's totally free, anyone who gets in doesn't pay a dime.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
first week I have had in a year and a half where I get pissed off at work twice.

I have been trying to get rid of a distributor for more than a year, who is pretty much worthless. I notified him 6 months ago that I was planning on terminating him in Dec, and my boss and CEO were on board with that. every month I have been telling the distributor that I was still planning on terminating him in dec.

now that the time has come to pull the trigger, my CEO doesn't want to, for sentimental reasons, because they go way back together. so, not only can't I get more results out of the territory, I end up looking like a *****.

I could use a drink......

Your boss and CEO simply cannot understand your thinking on the subject. It must be so frustrating for you.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Who funds the school then?

Is it all based on donations or is there any government assistance?

TUspiv

Reaction score
Friends who get in fights over ping pong games...
plain.gif
Never retaliate when someone hits a ping pong ball at you in anger over their own poor performance. Never.
laugh.gif

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TUspiv
Friends who get in fights over ping pong games...
plain.gif
Never retaliate when someone hits a ping pong ball at you in anger over their own poor performance. Never.
laugh.gif

I was just playing some pretty intense ping pong. I won 3 games, he won 4. Now I'm in a sour mood.

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
I was just playing some pretty intense ping pong. I won 3 games, he won 4. Now I'm in a sour mood.

How on earth did you get involved in a ping pong game with Stephen Hawking?

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC

I read that it was all donations. From alumni and whatever other sources available to them.

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

There's a few places like that. Most usually have huge endowments. In music there's 3 free schools I know of, all 3 are world class (because they get the best applying for free school).

Curtis in Philadelphia (funded by Zimbalist's rich wife back in the 20s)
Colburn in LA (By some oil guy and some other rich dude with the last name Zipper)
and now Yale (Someone gave 100 mill to the school of music and now it's free for all who get in)

tiecollector

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For a year I hardly put my cell phone in the same pocket as my keys so the phone wouldn't get scratched. In the past two days I have done nothing but and black isn't kind.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Holiday Protesters:
Blood Diamonds
Foie Gras
Fur/Neiman Carcaus

LabelKing

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The amount of toursits in NYC wearing their Columbia and other ski jackets.
Please take your old lift tickets off.

Also,the Chelsea Queen winter outfit:
Juicy Couture dog fur hooded bomber (cuz fur is so luxurious)
Burberry grey novacheck scarf (cuz its so subtle)
Cheap Monday black jeans (cuz ****** is so tight)
Uggs (cuz they are so comfy)

That sounds disgusting. No wonder people are loathe to give the gays rights.

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GoSurface
On a side note, the Martin Puryear exhibit at the MoMA was fantastic. And, I think I screamed when I got to see "Christina's World" in real life.

Isn't that a Wyeth painting?

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
That sounds disgusting. No wonder people are loath to give teh gays rights.
Fixed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads