• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Eyelid Is Drooping Down - Anyone Experience This?

Hey Man

Reaction score
Now obviously I am going to go see a doctor about this, but was just curious if anyone here developed a droopy eyelid quite quickly. I am very overweight so I am assuming this may be a factor - but does this sort of thing go away with weight loss or are we probably talking surgery here? I guess creams and the like won't do anything.

Thanks!

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you might have Bell's Palsy. Is that entire side of your face drooping down? If so, that's a pretty good sign of Bell's Palsy. Bell's Palsy is an injury to the facial nerve caused usually by a viral infection. It usually goes away but it can take a while.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I had a girlfriend who used to be pretty alright until she got this horrible droopy eye thing. I just couldn't bare to keep looking at her face so I dropped her like a deadlift.

Hey Man

Reaction score
No - just the eyelid is drooping down a bit. I can even see the eyelid a tiny bit in my vision if I focus my eyes up.

jkennett

Reaction score
It might just be a sty or zit on forming on your eyelid. Is it on both eyelids or just on one?

kakemono

Reaction score
Horners Syndrome

Signs found in all patients on affected side of face include ptosis (drooping upper eyelid from loss of sympathetic innervation to the Müller-Rouget muscle), upside-down ptosis (slight elevation of the lower lid), and miosis (constricted pupil) and dilation lag. Enophthalmos (the impression that the eye is sunk in) and anhidrosis (decreased sweating) on the affected side of the face, loss of ciliospinal reflex and blood shot conjunctiva may occur depending on the site of lesion.

Hey Man

Reaction score
I guess no one so far has had this problem and that it went away.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
The symptom you're describing is called ptosis which could be due to muscle weakness (do you notice any changes during the day? Does it get worse at night?) or nerve damage.

In either case, we're talking about a trip to the doctor's office, probably a neurologist depending on your clinical history, lab findings, etc. You'll want do this sooner than later.

Hey Man

Reaction score
So this wouldn't be an overweight thing? Just a fat face and the eyelid is feeling the effects of that?

Hey Man

Reaction score
Let me also clarify that the eyelid is not drooping in front of my eye yet. Presently just the top fold of the eyelid (not the lower portion that covers the eye) is hanging down a bit low - but these sort of things tend to get worse.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hey Man
Let me also clarify that the eyelid is not drooping in front of my eye yet. Presently just the top fold of the eyelid (not the lower portion that covers the eye) is hanging down a bit low - but these sort of things tend to get worse.
Hopkins nor I or anyone on here can diagnosis something we can't see. However, if your eyelid ISN'T drooping down, then it ISN'T ptosis. If you have some sort of increased deposit of adipose tissue in one eyelid vs. another then that's a different story. Bottom line is if it's that much of a concern to you, an internet forum may not be the best nor most qualified way of getting an opinion.

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Hopkins nor I or anyone on here can diagnosis something we can't see. However, if your eyelid ISN'T drooping down, then it ISN'T ptosis. If you have some sort of increased deposit of adipose tissue in one eyelid vs. another then that's a different story.

Bottom line is if it's that much of a concern to you, an internet forum may not be the best nor most qualified way of getting an opinion.

+1

Hey Man

Reaction score
That's why I said I was going to see a doctor about it - but in the meantime if someone else has experienced this - then I would appreciate feedback.

In addition, I thought it might just be because I am fat and that it would go away as I am presently on a diet and working out.

Hey Man

Reaction score
Doing a little more research and looking at photos - it seems my problem would be more classified as drooping eyebrow.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads