• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Polygamy: Who's for it?

hchamp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fabienne
And how do you all feel about polyandry?

From the pov of making babies, it doesn't make sense since a single woman would have a hard time having the babies of many men. And it would prolly be harder for competing men to get along than women.

By the way, the adultery rate for women is almost as high as it is for men (both >60%), so in practice women are engaging in polyandry just as much as men are in polygamy.

hchamp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by JLibourel
Some years back I was very active in a dog club. Most all the other leading figures were women. The bitchiness, intrigues and the desire of them to recruit me to their side would have been enough to turn me off the idea of polygamy then and there.

My first two wives were absolute demons from hell. My present wife is a royal pain in the @$$ most of the time, although viewed objectively, she is really probably a pretty decent woman, as women go.

That being bonded to a woman is a good thing is the underlying myth of heterosexualty--that woman is life's ultimate prize. With maturity and experience, I now realize what a specious mythology it all is!

Maybe you just picked the wrong breed?

hchamp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
The amazing thing about polygamy is, it actually led the US government to threaten to wage a religious war. I think it deserves a nod just to show the whole "religious freedom" thing apparently does not cover some things.

It was only seriously contemplated because the divisions between slave and non-slave states were growing deeper and the powers-that-be needed a diversion to unite a fractured nation and avert a civil war.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hchamp
Maybe you just picked the wrong breed?

Are you talking about my women, the dogs or both?

All dog clubs are just as bad.

As to the women, there is one consistent ethnic thread:

Wife #1: German and Irish
Wife #2: Norwegian and Irish
Wife #3: English and Irish

I guess the Irish are stereotypically hot-tempered and pugnacious.

Connemara, if you're following this thread, would you care to weigh in?

Lest anyone accuse me of ethnic prejudice, I do have a dash of Irish blood, but not nearly as much as any of my wives.

I always did like those fair Celtic types although wife #2 favored the Norwegian side much more--so much, she said, that people would sometimes come up to her in airports and start speaking Norwegian to her.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Lest anyone accuse me of ethnic prejudice, I do have a dash of Irish blood, but not nearly as much as any of my wives.

I always did like those fair Celtic types although wife #2 favored the Norwegian side much more--so much, she said, that people would sometimes come up to her in airports and start speaking Norwegian to her.

English and Irish don't mix. You should have known that #3 was doomed from the start.
smile.gif

hchamp

Reaction score

The women. Since I used a people analogy to describe dogs in another thread, I thought I'd turn it around for fun and use a dog analogy to describe people. All in fun, of course. No way impyling your wives bear any resemblance to man's best friend.

Etienne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fabienne
And how do you all feel about polyandry?
I am not particularly in favour of institutionalized marriage. If there has to be one such institution, I have no qualms letting people engage in whatever form of polyamoric arrangement suits them, as long as it can be proven they are not pressured into it.

JLibourel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hchamp
No way impyling your wives bear any resemblance to man's best friend.

It would have been a great improvement if they had temperamentally. As my friends and I like to say, "Women for sex, dogs for love."

Aesthetically, well...I would have people say of both Zuma and Dempsey, "That's the most beautiful dog I've ever seen." Unfortunately, none of my girlfriends or wives was ever of a caliber that anyone would say, "That's the most beautiful woman I've ever seen!"

redcaimen

Bigtime
Reaction score
My wife once killed and ate a Dalmation that had wandered into our yard. No, not as tough as an Akita but the damn thing put up what I thought was a courageous struggle and I was proud of her - My wife, not the Dalmation. When I walk through the neighborhood with her I don't worry at all that she will maim small children. She can be quite maternal (she has had four litters). I am concerned she may prove too dominant and aggressive if I bring home a smaller younger woman. She can be fiercely territorial. Anyone have any training tips to avoid this?

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** like polygamy may have been cool way back when when we were first firguring out this whole civilization thing and resources were at a premium but nowadays all it does is sacrifice a woman's integrity and probably do a pretty fair job of ******* up her sense of self in exchange for a more efficient way of having children, which is rather superfluous in the modern world.

As far as its legality, the libertarian in me wants to say it's none of the state's business how many people a man marries. But realistically, I think it has enough of a tendency to lead to the commoditization of women and to infringe upon young womens' right to control their own lives that it should be illegal.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if man want to have 5 or 12 wives, or a woman want tohave the same amount of husbands, why should they be stopped? marriage has become a civil contract should not conditions be changable in contracts?

hchamp

Reaction score
It would have been a great improvement if they had temperamentally. As my friends and I like to say, "Women for sex, dogs for love."

Aesthetically, well...I would have people say of both Zuma and Dempsey, "That's the most beautiful dog I've ever seen." Unfortunately, none of my girlfriends or wives was ever of a caliber that anyone would say, "That's the most beautiful woman I've ever seen!"

I take it your wife doesn't know you're here?
uhoh.gif

hchamp

Reaction score
Originally Posted by redcaimen
My wife once killed and ate a Dalmation that had wandered into our yard. No, not as tough as an Akita but the damn thing put up what I thought was a courageous struggle and I was proud of her - My wife, not the Dalmation. When I walk through the neighborhood with her I don't worry at all that she will maim small children. She can be quite maternal (she has had four litters). I am concerned she may prove too dominant and aggressive if I bring home a smaller younger woman. She can be fiercely territorial. Anyone have any training tips to avoid this?

I hear bondage works well with some bitches. With others, introducing a hot young stud helps warm them up to the idea of company around the house.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads