• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I manage to look both tired and kinda stiff, but anyways:

wdywt97a.jpg

wdywt97b.jpg

pinoy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ayn

LW
Jomons
KC
NB

Those jomons are fitting you great, ayn. Loving how everyone else has motion blur while you are stationary

pinoy

Reaction score
Fits from the weekend: What do you guys think about the fit of the shirt and jeans?
_MG_6575-1.jpg
_MG_6577-1.jpg
_MG_6579-1.jpg

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
GAP zip hoodie in tan cotton
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

GAP "˜stretch' tee in dark red
GAP double D-ring belt in brass with brown suede belt
GAP loose boot fit 1969 jeans

Nike no-show socks
Adidas Y-3: Yohji Yamamoto "˜Field IV A' sneakers in brown suede with contrasting tan stripes

It's a GAP kind of day, lol

Jon.

razuel

Reaction score
FINALLY got my things in. The nudie bootcut ola's fit perfect, I love them. With my new allen edmond's too.
95451737ay0.jpg

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by razuel
FINALLY got my things in. The nudie bootcut ola's fit perfect, I love them. The allen edmonds are sweet, but they're so damn bright I don't know how they look with this outfit. What looks better, the allen edmonds or some random black shoes in the second picture? And how do you guys think the nudie's fit looks?
Razuel, The fit on the BOLAs seems really good. I think the AEs look pretty good the way they are, it's a very nice, high contrast with the jeans and looks sharp, and will draw attention (in a good way). However, personally, I think antiquing them with a bit of shoe cream to make them a richer brown would be nice as well. If you hit those up with some cordovan shoe cream, brush, then polish, I think the effect would be really nice. My Zara Project Chelseas were originally a similar color and are now a richer, dark brown. Good fit on the shirt as well, I think the overall quality of the outfit is much better than your original posts. Good job. I like the brown shoes much more than the black.

razuel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Razuel,

The fit on the BOLAs seems really good. I think the AEs look pretty good the way they are, it's a very nice, high contrast with the jeans and looks sharp, and will draw attention (in a good way). However, personally, I think antiquing them with a bit of shoe cream to make them a richer brown would be nice as well. If you hit those up with some cordovan shoe cream, brush, then polish, I think the effect would be really nice. My Zara Project Chelseas were originally a similar color and are now a richer, dark brown. Good fit on the shirt as well, I think the overall quality of the outfit is much better than your original posts. Good job. I like the brown shoes much more than the black.

Yeah I agree, the more I look at it the nicer they look.

For the sake of comparing--

before and after, mall brand to this...

54718201kg2.jpg

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah I agree, the more I look at it the nicer they look. For the sake of comparing-- before and after, mall brand to this...
Yeah, that's a pretty big improvement. BTW, here's a pic of those antiqued boots, some cordovan shoe polish could make your AEs look like this, if you like the color better.
10ok7.jpg

ayn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by berlin report
ayn, You always have brilliant pictures. I look forward to your posts.

Originally Posted by pinoy
Those jomons are fitting you great, ayn. Loving how everyone else has motion blur while you are stationary

Thanks guys... I had camera on tripod and snapped a couple of pics, it was the result of quickly merging 3 different ones (layer masks, only took 5 minutes)...

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Don't age your shoes on purpose, let them get that way on their own as they look fine.

Funny that people against the artificial aging of jeans would reccomend someone do it to their shoes.

razuel

Reaction score
Yeah that looks nicer; I'll have to find some of that somewhere.

I don't think I'll get to wear them that often socal, so I may have to if I want that look.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I think the other major misconception is that people don't need some help
wink.gif
. I would say that is true less on this forum than the other, but I have a hard time telling good from bad here.

This is certainly not directed at SoCal who has his own style, but is just an observation. Sometimes in MC I think we see dressing that is actually worse than average
peepwall[1].gif

Can't we all just be one big happy family of those who: need help, don't need help, like to show off, need to critique others without ever posting a picture of their own, sitting silently and never saying much, etc?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Yeah that looks nicer; I'll have to find some of that somewhere.

I don't think I'll get to wear them that often socal, so I may have to if I want that look.

Then buy some To Boot NYC or John Varvatos where they are already distressed. Don't purposely ruin perfectly fine shoes with a false patina.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Don't age your shoes on purpose, let them get that way on their own as they look fine. Funny that people against the artificial aging of jeans would reccomend someone do it to their shoes.
Using darker shoe cream is called antiquing, but is really just a way to change the color of the shoes, since he said he thought they were a bit too bright. In many cases, he's going to have to do this anyways, because it's unlikely he's going to find a polish/cream that's exactly the same color as the shoes. He could use a lighter polish, but that would have the opposite effect from what he wants.

Otto

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SoCal2NYC
Then buy some To Boot NYC or John Varvatos where they are already distressed. Don't purposely ruin perfectly fine shoes with a false patina.

Why pay somebody to do something that you can do yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics