1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

(Old) What Are You Wearing Now/Today? Part II - pictures only - no discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by kitonbrioni, Jul 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jpgm

jpgm Well-Known Member

braid - very nice, it'd be even better without the tie. everything always fits you perfectly. getsmart - [​IMG] cult - best of luck with the gallery, hope it all goes really well for you. goblin - [​IMG] badseeds - i'd love to see a better photo of that fit.

2. SoCal2NYC

SoCal2NYC Well-Known Member

Yesterday:

Miu Miu trench
    Prada 2btn black w/ faint dotted stripe suit
    Jil Sander shirt
    Jil Sander tie
    Ferragamo black Meeting derby

[​IMG]

3. SoCal2NYC

Zegna (shortened to BoO proportions)
    ]

Are you standing lopsided or can the tailor not cut a straight line on a shirt hem?

4. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

jpgm, harrington looks great.

cult, congrats on the new space. I'll be in Chicago this fall, maybe I'll stop in!

5. SoCal2NYC

YSL mohair jacket w/ tigereye buttons
    Jil Sander shirt
    Martin Margiela chinos
    Ferragamo brown Brisbane loafers

[​IMG]

6. kallun

kallun Well-Known Member

Razuel Well done!
    Badseeds Looks effortless and great!
    SoCal Can we please see the whole trench?

Resteröds cotton L/S with leather patches.
    Raf by Raf Simons jeans
    Buddhahood Saville Row shoes

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

I disagree. I think he should hem the jeans, but if he went with slim or skinny jeans the shoes would look enormous. A slim jean with a very slight bootcut might be the most flattering cut for him.
    I never said skinny. I'm about his size from what i can see and 8-8.25" hem is normal. He's obviously past the fashion disaster stage but there's nothing wrong with subtle critique. I know he likes them and it's easier to accept a bootcut for your first forum jean than a straight leg or slightly tapered (also, slightly tapered doesn't mean skinny, i even made this point). I believe the bootcut ola is a really slim jean from the mid calf up. I'm not sure what the knee is but i'm guess about 8". I think making it 8" straight down or maybe slight boot like 8.25" would be fine. I also disagree that the shoes would look massive and throw the outfit off. He wouldn't be the first person to wear dress shoes with jeans with a straight or slightly tapered hem and it doesn't look bad or too big at all. If it was a really small 7" hem that barely fits on the shoe, then it'd look pretty bad and i would agree. I disagree that simply hemming them making them almost dangle over the shoes would look better. I think the problem is opening size, not length.

I think who, posted jet's best fit yet. Whatever happened to that 1-2 blurry mirror pics that jet actually took a few months ago. Did tim donaghy put together and photograph those fits or something? I'm confused

8. Get Smart

Get Smart Well-Known Member

YSL mohair jacket w/ tigereye buttons

that YSL jacket is rad. I think there was a GQ spread a few months ago where Topher Grace was wearing the same jacket in blue and it's definite eye candy to see someone wearing it.

9. SoCal2NYC

Yup there was a lighter almost robin egg blue version.

10. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

I never said skinny. I'm about his size from what i can see and 8-8.25" hem is normal. He's obviously past the fashion disaster stage but there's nothing wrong with subtle critique. I know he likes them and it's easier to accept a bootcut for your first forum jean than a straight leg or slightly tapered (also, slightly tapered doesn't mean skinny, i even made this point). I believe the bootcut ola is a really slim jean from the mid calf up. I'm not sure what the knee is but i'm guess about 8". I think making it 8" straight down or maybe slight boot like 8.25" would be fine. I also disagree that the shoes would look massive and throw the outfit off. He wouldn't be the first person to wear dress shoes with jeans with a straight or slightly tapered hem and it doesn't look bad or too big at all. If it was a really small 7" hem that barely fits on the shoe, then it'd look pretty bad and i would agree. I disagree that simply hemming them making them almost dangle over the shoes would look better. I think the problem is opening size, not length.
    When you hem a bootcut jean, the leg opening gets smaller, because the leg opening increases from knee to hem. The BOLA flares out only in the last few inches. Hemming a BOLA makes it a straight leg jean, or close to it. Anyways, I think hemming it a few inches would help with the stacking issue and also make it look a bit straighter, but I think a bigger leg opening isn't a bad thing for him anyways. I'm not sure what shoe size you wear chronoaug, but I believe Raz is like 13-13.5, so bigger leg openings help cover a bit of that.

11. cocostella

cocostella Well-Known Member

SoCal - Perfect balance between fashion and business. Digging the tie and trench in pic 1 and the jacket in pic 2.

12. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Well-Known Member

todays mediocre pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. berlin report

berlin report Well-Known Member

14. bushin

bushin Member

15. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

I feel like we should vote on where Bobo should take his next random shot. I say the butcher/deli section.

16. Superb0bo

Superb0bo Well-Known Member

^Im a vegetarian, so that would be ...scary and smelly.

17. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

Great. Nice and easy.
    Thanks, btw. I'm probably going to get it hemmed because this looks like the kind of shirt you could pull off untucked. Right now it goes to around halfway down my knees.

Really happy to find my first "tropical" shirt because they don't actually sell them here in the tropics.

18. pinoy

pinoy Well-Known Member

jpgm– excellent fit. effortless style at its best. kallun- i think i like your DHs more on you. not sure if its just me or the photo, but the stacking looks a bit off. bobo- you look so chill and relaxed. perfect.

19. Badseeds

Badseeds Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. Sorry I couldnt take a better pic of that watanabe jacket which has excellent seamwork and a lot of interesting details.

Too many fresh and excellent outfits from the last few pages.

SocalNYC: I dont think I havent liked even one of your business wear. Hope I could dress like that later.

Lel, thats a good look. Btw youreally look like a former classmate of mine. You didnt go to highshool in san fran, did you?

jpgm, this looks great too but i like you trench+jeans+boots look even more. Cheers.

Kallun, raf jeans looked very nice. They fit you well.

bobo, I am usually not a fan of workwear style, but you pulled them off very nicely, as always.

20. kallun

kallun Well-Known Member

todays mediocre pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Did you buy any Ajvar? It´s quite good on pasta [​IMG]

/TKL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.