• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Blowout hairstyle

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
I have a lot of family in Jersey and there are a lot of them (none in my family though, thank god)

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Originally Posted by j
I saw this guy last night in Seattle, or I'm pretty sure. Anyway he had the meticulous creepy chinstrap like this guy. I couldn't keep looking to tell if it was really him. It was awful. I think we may have to post guards at the airport... where do these dudes come from, Jersey?
Damn... I knew when I went to seattle you would make fun of me
frown.gif

gdc_2008

Reaction score
This is up there with the whitebread dressing like a gansta look. My neighbor use to have a friend like that...for some reason he always gave me dirty looks when he walked by. I think he was saying something too, but I was always laughing too hard to listen...

Damn, this stuff makes me feel old.

Alexan

Reaction score
When I had it I was told I look like a guinea. I dont recomend it, it become a hastle with all that gel, and lets people think of more stupid things to say.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Alexan
...and lets people think of more stupid things to say.

What did you expect; complements?

p.trick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Reggs
What did you expect; complements?

I think he was implying that he was ridiculed for other reasons in addition to his temple fade. Whether it be another characteristic of the guido subculture (headband, fake Italian accent, excessive jewellery, etc.) or an unrelated fashion faux pas is left up to speculation.

Alexan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by p.trick
I think he was implying that he was ridiculed for other reasons in addition to his temple fade. Whether it be another characteristic of the guido subculture (headband, fake Italian accent, excessive jewellery, etc.) or an unrelated fashion faux pas is left up to speculation.

Yep

The blowout seemed good a couple years ago but looks like it died out.

f00kie

Reaction score
Now, I don't look like any of those guys, but if I spike my hair (usually just in the front, but when my hair is short, within a week of a haircut, the whole top), is that considered this blowout nonsense?

p.trick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by f00kie
Now, I don't look like any of those guys, but if I spike my hair (usually just in the front, but when my hair is short, within a week of a haircut, the whole top), is that considered this blowout nonsense?

The"blowout" hair style is achieved by the combination of both a temple fade hair cut:

860736.jpg

and a styling product strong enough (such as spiking glue) to hold all hair straight and in the same direction. The difference is that short hair often stands straight on its own, but these guys style it that way when their hair would normally lay flat or curl or what have you. Still, one may have longer spikey styles such as a mohawk, faux hawk, or messy/chunky spikes without falling into the blowout category.

jessetk313

Reaction score
A blowout haircut isnt bad as long as you have it short with say a 6 or 7 clip all the way around and dont wear it with long spiked hair in which you would look like a douchebag.

p.trick

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jessetk313
A blowout haircut isnt bad as long as you have it short with say a 6 or 7 clip all the way around and dont wear it with long spiked hair in which you would look like a douchebag.

The blowout is the style whereas the temple fade is the cut.

Now please let this thread R.I.P.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics