The Blowout hairstyle

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by phatty123, Jun 8, 2007.

1. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I have a lot of family in Jersey and there are a lot of them (none in my family though, thank god)

2. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

I saw this guy last night in Seattle, or I'm pretty sure. Anyway he had the meticulous creepy chinstrap like this guy. I couldn't keep looking to tell if it was really him. It was awful. I think we may have to post guards at the airport... where do these dudes come from, Jersey?
    Damn... I knew when I went to seattle you would make fun of me [​IMG]

3. gdc_2008

gdc_2008 Senior member

This is up there with the whitebread dressing like a gansta look. My neighbor use to have a friend like that...for some reason he always gave me dirty looks when he walked by. I think he was saying something too, but I was always laughing too hard to listen...

Damn, this stuff makes me feel old.

4. Alexan

Alexan Member

When I had it I was told I look like a guinea. I dont recomend it, it become a hastle with all that gel, and lets people think of more stupid things to say.

5. Reggs

Reggs Senior member

...and lets people think of more stupid things to say.

What did you expect; complements?

6. op2

op2 Well-Known Member

Oh god no.

7. p.trick

p.trick Senior member

What did you expect; complements?

I think he was implying that he was ridiculed for other reasons in addition to his temple fade. Whether it be another characteristic of the guido subculture (headband, fake Italian accent, excessive jewellery, etc.) or an unrelated fashion faux pas is left up to speculation.

8. thepataphysician

thepataphysician Senior member

[​IMG]

I think if you add a bit of face paint, you get a juggalo

9. Alexan

Alexan Member

I think he was implying that he was ridiculed for other reasons in addition to his temple fade. Whether it be another characteristic of the guido subculture (headband, fake Italian accent, excessive jewellery, etc.) or an unrelated fashion faux pas is left up to speculation.

Yep

The blowout seemed good a couple years ago but looks like it died out.

10. lee lin

lee lin Senior member

i didn't know there was a hairstyle called blowout but it's funny how you see it everywhere without even knowing where the trend came from. i guess it's easy to become a sheep to trends. although my hair spikes up naturally especially after i have it shaved i would never go out of my way to get something called blowout. mullet, now that's another story![​IMG]

11. f00kie

f00kie Member

Now, I don't look like any of those guys, but if I spike my hair (usually just in the front, but when my hair is short, within a week of a haircut, the whole top), is that considered this blowout nonsense?

12. p.trick

p.trick Senior member

Now, I don't look like any of those guys, but if I spike my hair (usually just in the front, but when my hair is short, within a week of a haircut, the whole top), is that considered this blowout nonsense?

The"blowout" hair style is achieved by the combination of both a temple fade hair cut:

[​IMG]

and a styling product strong enough (such as spiking glue) to hold all hair straight and in the same direction. The difference is that short hair often stands straight on its own, but these guys style it that way when their hair would normally lay flat or curl or what have you. Still, one may have longer spikey styles such as a mohawk, faux hawk, or messy/chunky spikes without falling into the blowout category.

13. thepataphysician

thepataphysician Senior member

14. Connemara

Connemara [URL='http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jST2Sv63WQ']

getoffourisland.com

this website explains where that hairstyle comes from.

I am dismayed to see that my old town of Patchogue, Suffolk County has become infested with Guidos. [​IMG]

15. jessetk313

jessetk313 Senior member

A blowout haircut isnt bad as long as you have it short with say a 6 or 7 clip all the way around and dont wear it with long spiked hair in which you would look like a douchebag.