• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kiton- what is really inside, lots of pics.

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Massimo and Dan Wolman both have told me this as has Antonio DeMatteis. Do you think I am lying?
Not at all. It just seems like the numbers keep being driven upwards. Do you go RTW or MTM and what fabrics where selected? it all factors. I only quoted RTW and on average across the board. I was told some fabrics require much less time, heavy flannels etc I would guess, while other require much more, light super 180 etc. As Manton mentions, at the end of the day, it is all just stats that can not explain, why and how, a soft light Kiton can feel as good on your back as it does. Love it or hate it, they are different from everything else the very moment you put one on. And for that they have carved a nice niche in the market that few others will every be able to touch, so slam the brand they will do instead! :)

the truth

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cantabrigian
Though you did have a fake hand flip off what you called a fake handmade suit.
smile.gif

I clearly said stitched and not made so as to avoid this kind of controversy. The wit is genetic. About that I can do nothing.

the truth

Reaction score
Why are you not answering the question here? Are you a competitor?
Why does it matter who I am. There have been many threads recently that have asked for proof rather than innuendo. This is concrete stuff here, and it is not an attack on anybody.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Do you go RTW or MTM and what fabrics where selected? it all factors.
Okay, then you should not question my veracity on the hours.

As Manton mentions, at the end of the day, it is all just stats that can not explain, why and how, a soft light Kiton can feel as good on your back as it does.
Love it or hate it, they are different from everything else the very moment you put one on. And for that they have carved a nice niche in the market that few others will every be able to touch, so slam the brand they will do instead! :)
On this we agree.
smile.gif

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by the truth
Why does it matter who I am.
It really doesn't matter at all. Most people are anonymous here. How do we know who Artisan Fan really is?

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by the truth
Why does it matter who I am. There have been many threads recently that have asked for proof rather than innuendo. This is concrete stuff here, and it is not an attack on anybody.

It matters for a couple of reasons. First, you claim to represent the unvarnished truth but you won't say who you are. That seems inconsistent to me. Second, it is your first series of posts and your tone has been anti-Kiton in many replies.

If you have nothing to hide then why not be straightforward?

Zegnamtl

Reaction score
Removed due to confussion over to whom this post was directed.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It matters for a couple of reasons. First, you claim to represent the unvarnished truth but you won't say who you are. That seems inconsistent to me. Second, it is your first series of posts and your tone has been anti-Kiton in many replies.

Don't the pictures speak for themselves? If he were the CEO of Oxxford, would that change them in any way whatsoever?

I agree that his identity is completely irrelevant. Nobody knows who I am, not that I'm anybody.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who is Number One?

Brad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who gives a **** who "the truth" is? Who gives a **** if his posts have been anti-Kiton (which I don't believe they have)? Even if they were, BFD.
The guy tore apart a Kiton coat and showed you us the guts. You've got to lighten up about taking this sort of thing to heart, you'll live longer.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
If the man has an agenda it matters if we are trying to get to the truth. He clearly has an agenda if you read his replies.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Zegnamtl
Kiton has never claimed 25 plus hours.
They try to keep it to 20 to 24 hours but some fabrics are harder to work on and require more. The average over the run is about 24 for the entire suit, not just the jacket! The numbers are close to the same at Oxxford.
This is for RTW suits. MTM and K 50 are a different cup of tea.

Oxxford does not use a machine to attached the shoulder. They go thought a very time consuming chain link stitch process that sucks up man hours.

Oxxford, like Kiton has sat down and said what can be done on a machine, so we can invest the man hours where it counts and where is shows!! The time to put together the shoulder at Kiton was high, very high. It does not translate like a perfect spreadsheet at the end of the day. The machine made pick stitching on my MTM Canali is horrible compared to what I see on a Kiton.

A Kiton tailor checks on the flow of a shoulder as he sticthes.

shoulder0035xqu2.jpg

This is interesting. I'd love to hear from a tailor who has worked on various high end jackets, re. the sleeve attachment. It is one area where I could possibly see significantly more time being invested by Kiton/Attolini etc. I've looked at a few but don't really know what I'm looking at as I have no training as a tailor.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads