1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Kiton- what is really inside, lots of pics.

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by the truth, Jul 2, 2007.

1. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

You guys ,must the AntiChrists for Kiton,Brioni ,Ralph Lauren (and many other luxury brands) PR executives....
    We used to talk and debate openly about quality and standards but we're now reaching a new level...Testing.
    Are we becoming of kind of underground "Which" or Watchdog.....[​IMG]

2. A Harris

A Harris Senior member Dubiously Honored

Keep in mind the context of this discussion. Nobody is saying that Kiton is junk, most all will agree that they are very, very fine garments. What is being questioned is assertions that they are in a whole different category than their competitors, that they are 95% handsewn and the like.

3. the truth

the truth Senior member

Keep in mind the context of this discussion. Nobody is saying that Kiton is junk, most all will agree that they are very, very fine garments. What is being questioned is assertions that they are in a whole different category than their competitors, that they are 95% handsewn and the like.
    Agreed. It is not about quality, just about how the job gets done and what things look like behind the curtain, as it were.

4. LabelKing

LabelKing Senior member

Do you work for Oxxford?

5. Zegnamtl

Zegnamtl Senior member

Very true. I wonder what is the exact percentage, there are more sewing machines at Oxxford than at Kiton, but Oxxford hand sews the collar and the lapel. When the AAAC gang had breakfast in Chicago, there was one man who wore a cashmere sports jacket that was to die for, he stood out form the rest of us. Fit him perfectly, it was amazing, after breakfast, Chuck and I asked him what he was wearing, it was a Kiton. It sure did not suddenly become junk because of the sewing style used on the innards! I have made my point, they never claimed it was all hand sewn, just hand made. As Manton said, some of those steps are key steps, but the end result is still great work and world class fabrics that few can touch. The Truth, in you opinion, who makes an equal or better garment?

6. zjpj83

zjpj83 Senior member

Is making a Rolex really lasts a full calendar year?

Just kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG]

Just the Rolex perpetual calendar with tourbillon and minute repeater.... and a leopard print dial [​IMG]
    In all honesty, I like the subtle Rolexes and the fact that they're built like tanks.

7. Zegnamtl

Zegnamtl Senior member

Do you work for Oxxford?

:)

No, Oxxford is more concerned with the Brioni shopper than the Kiton client.
    Maybe he got sacked by Kiton??

8. the truth

the truth Senior member

Very true.
    I wonder what is the excate percentage, there are more sewing machines at Oxxford than at Kiton, but Oxxford hand sews the collar and the lapel.

When the AAAC gang had breakfast in Chigaco, there was one man who wore a cashmere sports jacket that was to die for, he stood out form the rest of us. Fit him perfectly, it was amazing, after breakfast, Chuck and I asked him what he was wearing, it was a Kiton. It sure did not suddenly become junk because of the sewing style used on the inards!

I have made my point, they never claimed it was all hand sewn, just hand made.
    As Manton said, some of those steps are key steps, but the end result is still great work and world class fabrics that few can touch.

The Truth, in you opinion, who makes an equal or better garment?

@ Zegna This is really hard to say. Perhaps I would give it to Kiton by a nose. Oxxford tends to make me drowsy.

9. Zegnamtl

Zegnamtl Senior member

@ Zegna

This is really hard to say. Perhaps I would give it to Kiton by a nose. Oxxford tends to make me drowsy.

But from any house in the world, who makes an equal or better RTW garment than Kiton?

10. Alias

Alias Senior member

Thanks for the post. It's good to have some evidence contrary to the hype.

11. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Great post!

Why do so many people get upset with such a post, suggesting ulterior motives or presenting 'incomplete' information? As some suggested, maybe these people who make accusations against the poster have their own interests to protect?

All the poster has done is to open up a coat to display the inner workings. Is this bad?

12. LSeca

LSeca Senior member

Thanks for the post. It's good to have some evidence contrary to the hype.

+1

Informative post. Thanks for sacrificing the Kiton and the detailed pics.

13. Zegnamtl

Zegnamtl Senior member

Great post! Why do so many people get upset with such a post, suggesting ulterior motives or presenting 'incomplete' information? As some suggested, maybe these people who make accusations against the poster have their own interests to protect? All the poster has done is to open up a coat to display the inner workings. Is this bad?
    I don't dispute the guts of the jacket, just the innuendo by the manner of the post. There is a big difference. I guess it is the "go for the underdog in me"! [​IMG] God knows what every salesman in every store in every land has ever said about a jacket he is trying to move off the floor and collect his commission on, but Kiton was pretty straight up with me, the rest........ I am certainly not upset and have no vested interest in any way. It sure made an evening at the computer catching up with work a lot more interesting :)

14. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

Completely off topic (but hey, what isn't in this thread), but this machine looks like it might be from a new summer Trad action film, a young Ivy League student named Harris comes face to face with alien machines from outer space that seek to make every jacket darted...

'Live Dart Free, or Die Hard'

This is a dart about to made on a Machine Made suit!

Line up the laser beam, four or five seconds later, your dart is done! Cut, trimmed and sewn from the inside.

[​IMG]

15. RJman

RJman Senior member Dubiously Honored

'Live Dart Free, or Die Hard'

Hmmm, I think you may need to get out of the sun for a while...

16. AlanC

AlanC Senior member

17. Willsw

Willsw Senior member

Alien dart machines? I'd say he needs to get in the sun a little more.

18. imageWIS

imageWIS Senior member

Hell no! The last days of Rome came much later than that. I am Septimus Severus. [​IMG]

Oh, oh, can I be Marcus Aurelius? Like him, I want peace, but always end up entrenched in war...

[​IMG]

Jon.

19. Zegnamtl

Zegnamtl Senior member

Completely off topic (but hey, what isn't in this thread), but this machine looks like it might be from a new summer Trad action film, a young Ivy League student named Harris comes face to face with alien machines from outer space that seek to make every jacket darted... 'Live Dart Free, or Die Hard'
    It is a southern conspiracy against anti Trads! Do you have idea what they are secretly injecting into those dart with that laser beam???[​IMG]

20. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

Actually, there are a few parts of the inner coat that are hand stitched:

[​IMG]

Happier now Artisan Fan?