• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Funny article about "going out" shirts

Rolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
No, because when girls take you shopping, that means they see you as a non-sexual being. Someone who give them advice on that cute little babydoll top from Forever 21, and not a friend with benefits.

Take it from someone who knows.
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

We weren't talking about going shopping. We were talking about wearing what she thinks looks good on you. Two very different things.

Also, as someone who can fit into that Polo blazer that was too small for you, we've both got some initial impression issues that need to be overcome.
blush.gif

chobochobo

Rubber Chicken
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I once bought a dark green Kenzo shirt with a shimmery sheen - it was in a sale. In fact, I don't think I ever wore it out. I have worn a peachy Byblos a few times.

migo

Reaction score

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hmm I dont see any reason to avoid differentiating bar-wear from work-wear? otherwise you look like you just got off work.

yeah people wear "fun" prints to express "I'm fun". Just like corncob in ass business men wear conservative business dress to express "I will calculate your numbers with no creativity whatsoever, just ice cold efficiency"

and just like I wear the most boring black to a funeral to express "don't notice me, Im the least important thing in the room".

I got plenty of going out shirts.

TheHoff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, because when girls take you shopping, that means they see you as a non-sexual being.
It's a great opportunity to flash your eBay'ed AMEX black card. Plus, hot girls travel in packs. One of them putting you in the friend's column isn't always a bad thing.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, because when girls take you shopping, that means they see you as a non-sexual being. Someone who give them advice on that cute little babydoll top from Forever 21, and not a friend with benefits.

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

haha that sucks

I dont like shopping with girls ever or anyone. I dont mind my gf but other than that I prefer to be alone. Most girls dont know anything about men dressing well.

The only time I let a girl shop for me with
me is a long ass time ago when this chick and her friend wnated to dress me up for her bday. This was my freshman year in college. I wasnt to keen on the idea but since the chik whose bday it begged for it and said I dont have to worry about the bill, I complied. She paid for a Miu Miu shirt, some Brown suede ferragamo lace ups, and Varvatos pants. They were all on sale. But the bill was 550, I remember. Then she made me wear it to her birthday party dinner and at the club and then she took me home with her and yada yada yada..It all worked out well...

But I dont think under any other circumstances I would allow girls to buy my clothing for me. I know a lot of girls who prefer me to buy their clothing for them though...
but I dont really like doing that either. Girls are sometimes annoying when it comes to shopping..well at least the ones I know....

hopkins_student

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
haha that sucks

I dont like shopping with girls ever or anyone. I dont mind my gf but other than that I prefer to be alone. Most girls dont know anything about men dressing well.

My girlfriend/fiance has helped me out a lot by introducing me to colors I wouldn't have worn before, but that's the extent of the input she's allowed. She no longer gets to participate in style decisions, particularly shoes.

Fritz

Reaction score
What makes you think a loud shirt that's inappropriate by day will look cool unbottoned after hours?
My answer to this is "different lighting conditions." I look better in stronger colours in artificial light than I wear during the day.

Augusto86

Sean Penn's Mexican love child
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dare-
I started going out to clubs a lot last year....

I wore the shirt (untucked) the next time we went out. Long story short, I don't think I ever received more complements on a piece of clothing from girls I didn't know than on that night....I felt like a complete jackass. I really don't go out that much anymore.

Man, no offense - you gotta loosen up. The club is the place to strut your stuff, wear loud things that you would otherwise not normally don, and just HAVE FUN. No one can see a damn thing anyways...

Originally Posted by TheHoff
Sometimes I wonder who the guys here are dressing for. If she is hot and going to sleep with you and wants you to wear a shiny silver silk shirt with yellow daisies on it, do it.

+1

I always wear pretty loud shirts out - Crimson FC with contrast stitching, and a Jantzen navy/purple striped FC double-button. Or velvet jackets. And never, ever, ever decent shoes - they will get stepped, scratched, and spilled upon.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Augusto - do you always wear a white suit when you go grocery shopping?

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Next to bundled up girl white suit looks a bit too early for a season. But I commend you for wearing a white suit in Boston.

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
As a fan of both the bold striped British look and the Etro look, the "going out shirt" does dampen my spirits a bit. A little too close for comfort.

Augusto and companion are adorable.

slycedbred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

maybe in your case, but not true for me nor my friends. one of my friends has been friends with this hot ass girl for 2 years and never expected she liked him at all and they went shopping together all the time...long story short, she wanted to get into his pants for 2 years and just couldnt say it...lucky for him i bought him a pair of balls so now she's in his pants.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads