• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What Are You Wearing Now/Today Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell
Berlin, you are my new favorite poster...

he's mine too. Even with dunks, his looks are very er....distinguished.

poly800rock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nvizible
Hi,

I live in a town in Cambridgeshire... so East Anglia. It's sweeping and perhaps not entirely justified. From the last three years here I feel though that there're more cultured, interesting long-haired people than short-haired people (and equally sweeping and controversial statement). I've recently had my hair cut (it was longer), and this was what the stylist came up with:

hairstyleky0.jpg

I wasn't up for the challenge of keeping it that way though. Besides, I felt it was leaning too far towards whole emo-kid-with-suicidal-tendencies-and-a-fringe-in-his-eyes look. I'm not averse to having it shorter though. My profile pic has me with shorter hair and it doesn't look too bad. The only snag two girls who're currently crazy about me both prefer it longer. I'm between a rock and a hard place, I guess. Eeek!

- me.

PS: flip flops are one of the great inventions of the 20th century (or the one before... I'm actually not sure when they were invented). Though in this country they seem to think it's beach-only wear. Coming from SA, I've got a thing for exclusively wearing flip flops in summer. I'm looking towards getting a good pair of loafers too though.

grow the front out for a bit, lose a bit from the back. right now it looks kind of like a bob cut, which is very girly

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Timpoblete
Even though you look like taken from the EG lookbook, its still really nice.

Bandwagonesque

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nvizible, have you considered growing a beard, or keeping some stubble? I don't mean any offense by this, but you have a "weak chin". It's very tapered, somewhat feminine looking, and probably what lead to the lesbian comment earlier. I personally don't like beards, unless you're Rye or Cultpop, but it might be worth a try, at least for ***** and giggles. I have only heard about this beards for weak chinned people recently, so don't shoot the messenger.
smile.gif

If you're against growing fuzz, and I'm sure a lot of people here are against facial hair, listen to poly's suggestions... get the back trimmed up a bit. Also, try a bit of product in your hair to keep it from frizzing up. I recently tried to do the longer hair thing, and it just wasn't working - it was either too dry, or too oily, and far too ******* hot in the summer (I sweat like a fat man).

Also, the square rimless glasses aren't the best look for your face IMO. Your face is oval/triangular, and I think you might do better with some frames that have softer edges and are more rounded, less rectangular/oval. I also think rimless looks best on the over-50 gentleman crowd.

nvizible

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bandwagonesque
nvizible, have you considered growing a beard, or keeping some stubble? I don't mean any offense by this, but you have a "weak chin". It's very tapered, somewhat feminine looking, and probably what lead to the lesbian comment earlier.

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm actually thinking quite seriously about what you've said beard-wise. I'd not thought of it, but it makes sense! As for the 'weak chin' thing, do I still have one in this photo:

mecambridgepicsmallervy0.jpg

The reason I ask is that my facial shape has changed quite a bit since that pic (last September) was taken. It's because I've been out of the gym since the New Year for medical reasons and have let my physical condition go a lot - as in lost a lot of lean mass and put on a bit of fat. Nothing that can't be cured by some exercise though, and now that I've got a clean bill of health that shouldn't be much of a problem. And the hair in this picture... any better?

- Thanks again for your time,

- me.

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
Ignore the SoniCare..I thought I had less time before dinner:

YSL glenplaid vest
Gucci cotton stripe shirt
Isaac Mizrahi New York navy cotton full leg, high waist belted trousers
Ferragamo brown Brisbane loafers

lure.jpg

capnpyro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nvizible
Hi, Thanks for the feedback. I'm actually thinking quite seriously about what you've said beard-wise. I'd not thought of it, but it makes sense! As for the 'weak chin' thing, do I still have one in this photo: http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/5457/mecambridgepicsmallervy0.jpg[IMG] The reason I ask is that my facial shape has changed quite a bit since that pic (last September) was taken. It's because I've been out of the gym since the New Year for medical reasons and have let my physical condition go a lot - as in lost a lot of lean mass and put on a bit of fat. Nothing that can't be cured by some exercise though, and now that I've got a clean bill of health that shouldn't be much of a problem. And the hair in this picture... any better? - Thanks again for your time, - me.[/I]
That above hair makes you look.. like a dude. Poofy hair with curls in the back, coupled with baby smooth skin makes you look effeminate. your chins fine, but your hair is really distracting from your face [URL]http://img136.imageshack.us/img136/1158/smallwebfo2.jpg[/URL] Also, I figured out what's wrong with that picture, you have chick hips! The blousy shirt coupled with your hips and the effeminate hair thing.. yeah.. no bueno.

Saucemaster

Sized Down 2
Reaction score
Nvizible, you're taking some pretty harsh criticism remarkably well. Pretty admirable.

Anyway, here I am today looking all low-class with my short short might-as-well-be-shaved hair... I know all you East Coast fools are gonna hate on the tank top(s), but I was biking for a long time and it was really damn hot, so deal. Plus, now if you ever wanted to know the answer to the question, "Just how skinny is Sauce?", now you know. The answer is, "Pretty goddamn skinny."

wayw0601.jpg

And Diddy, humbly report, sir, I was in your neck of the woods on my way back and decided to take a picture on the bridge just to make you wonder if I was stalking you, sir.

wayw0601stalkingddml.jpg

braidkid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
going to see menomena tonight, hoping it's a good show

friday1004.jpg

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saucemaster
Nvizible, you're taking some pretty harsh criticism remarkably well. Pretty admirable.

The answer is, "Pretty goddamn skinny."

wayw0601.jpg

wayw0601stalkingddml.jpg

You look hot. Not too waifish at all.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yea sauce
you should chaange yourhandle to instahard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads