• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What stores or brands never go on sale?

mussel

Reaction score
Besides custom or bespoke shops like John Lobb St. James, what stores or brands never go on sale?

I know Berluti is never on sale, whether at its stores or at Barneys. Although Kiton and Brioni are routinely dicounted at Saks, NM, BG and Barneys, I don't remember ever seeing the sales signs at the Kiton or Brioni stores. Jay Kos never on sale, except may the one 2 years ago. What else?

SoCal2NYC

Fashion Hayzus
Reaction score
You can get 10% off Berluti if you open a Barneys card and buy them that day.

Louis Vuitton never goes on sale.

Tibo

Reaction score
Ditto for Hermès' ties, scarfes, jewelry and watches (they do sales on some RTW though)

mussel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tibo
Ditto for Hermès' ties, scarfes, jewelry and watches (they do sales on some RTW though)

Although Hermes flagship Madison Ave store never does sales, it usually holds sales off site, last time it was at the Metropoliton Pavillion. Some of its smaller stores also go on sales.

How about Corthay and Aubercy?

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I bought both of my Corthay's on sale, about 20% off.

Leslierc

Reaction score
Louis Vuitton items, to the best of my knowledge, are never discounted or go on sale. I was in Bulgari purchasing ties recently and asked my salesperson if their ties ever went on sale and, according to them, Bulgari may, infrequently, place certain handbags on sale but nothing else. I also have never seen a sale sign in Hermes' store windows.

By the way, I was on the phone with my salesperson at Canali in Beverly Hills yesterday and he informed me that the store was in "pre-sale".

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hermes also runs "private" or "sample" warehouse sales in Paris every year

Aristocrat

Reaction score
Vuitton sells their window stuff at a discount sometimes..

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by james48
anybody know if ferragamo(shoes) ever has sales in store?

Yes, they do, although you'd be better off avoiding them.

Master Shake

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Venanzi (I predict closure by the end of the year)
That would be a shame. Great stuff and the Venanzis are very nice and attentive people.

epa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master Shake
Yes, they do, although you'd be better off avoiding them.

Why? Ferragamo's shoes are quite nice and during sale they are often discounted by 50%, at least here in Spain. That was how I got my only (so far) pair of Tramezzas.
I also like Gamos ties. When there are sales, I always drop in at the local Gamo shop and have a look if there is something I like. Actually, it is right across the street from Zegna, so normally when sales start, I drop in at one and then cross the street to the other.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I was @ BG during the winter sale looking at the tie tables. Saw lots of Kiton, Borrelli and Brioni on one table, so when a salesman inquired if I had any questions I asked if there were any Marinella's on sale. He drew up to his full 5 and half feet and in a very loud, effeminate voice harrumphed "What?! And risk the wrath of Vesuvius herself!"

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads