• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Mandrake9072

Reaction score
Been abroad for the last three weeks and have been sick pretty much constantly.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

Right now I have a cold that's been bothering me for over week.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Continuation of my last post:

While my brother's soon-to-be ex-wife shouldn't catch hell for the picture, she is following that odd protocol some people employ following a breakup where they have to flaunt their alleged happiness and constant activities. She has always been quiet in that respect, but it's been the opposite lately.

It's unfortunate to see her resort to this, since it's pretty clear she's doing so in an effort to show my brother how much happier she is now. It's even more irritating since they both came to the conclusion that they weren't really right for each other. The divorce wasn't triggered by anything scandalous; just the realization they were fundamentally different people.

She's always struck me as an artificially nice person and it's more apparent now that this wasn't a false assessment. I recently found out that she originally broached the subject of how they were growing apart via letter sent to him while he was in basic training for the National Guard last summer. That's just...man, people are a trip.

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My uncle revoked my invitation to his birthday party when he heared I was planning to bring my gf along. He doesn't know her so far but obviously he wants to meet her at some other point before he's willing to let her come along, meetng also his wife's side of the family.
My mum cried approximately 2 hours after hearing this, doesn't attend either now. And most likely the drama will be perfect when my grandparents, who alread met my gf, hear of that.

It was supposed to be 1 or 2 hours of cake and coffee, not black tie evening event. What a dick. But everyone is supposed to accept that he married his wife (which no one in the family likes really) on a NY vacation without telling anyone until a week later. Somehow he manages to really move away from the family more and more.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
I sat next to some dumbass at the bar who wanted to tell me about his business startup.

So? What did you think of my idea? Are you ready to invest? I can have the papers sent over pronto!

Originally Posted by Szeph el ratón
My uncle revoked my invitation to his birthday party when he heared I was planning to bring my gf along. He doesn't know her so far but obviously he wants to meet her at some other point before he's willing to let her come along, meetng also his wife's side of the family.
My mum cried approximately 2 hours after hearing this, doesn't attend either now. And most likely the drama will be perfect when my grandparents, who alread met my gf, hear of that.

It was supposed to be 1 or 2 hours of cake and coffee, not black tie evening event. What a dick. But everyone is supposed to accept that he married his wife (which no one in the family likes really) on a NY vacation without telling anyone until a week later. Somehow he manages to really move away from the family more and more.

Eh, I have an uncle who is sort of like this too. He would just use things like this as an excuse to put more and more distance between himself and other in the family. I'm guessing that it doesn't have anything to do with your gf, but more to do with the fact that he cannot admit to himself what he really wants in his life.

Sorry that this is happening to you.

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Having to guide my little brother through the college preparation process. I wouldn't mind a hand from my folks on this one.

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't usually care about soccer, much less women's but:

This ******* refereeing in the US-Brazil match
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Gibonius
I don't usually care about soccer, much less women's but:

This ******* refereeing in the US-Brazil match
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

+1.

Giving out cards like it is ******* Christmas or some such ****.

FWIW, I found a sweaty angry looking Hope Solo to be kinda hot in a way.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
OK so I'm a sucker for cheesy techno music sometimes; it gets my head bobbing. It's a bit embarrassing, sure, but dammit I like it. So yesterday I'm cruising along and some song I hadn't heard before but sounded like some of those cheesy club songs I used to like dancing to came on, so I checked to see what it was.
8DAE5C83-orig.jpg
It's like the universe was calling me a homer sekshual
ffffuuuu.gif

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Some ****** forgot about their laundry.

There are two loads that have been sitting on top of the dryers since I got back from vacation wednesday night. It wouldn't be that big of a deal except it looks like their clothes didn't get dry (if you stick your hand in the middle of the pile, it still feels damp) and it has been there long enough to start to smell like ****. This in turn makes the stairwell to my apartment entrance smell like ****.

How the **** do you forget about two huge loads of laundry for a week? It smelled when I got home on wednesday so it had probably been there for a few days already.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
OK so I'm a sucker for cheesy techno music sometimes; it gets my head bobbing. It's a bit embarrassing, sure, but dammit I like it. So yesterday I'm cruising along and some song I hadn't heard before but sounded like some of those cheesy club songs I used to like dancing to came on, so I checked to see what it was.
8DAE5C83-orig.jpg

ffffuuuu.gif

Dude, is this the song? The video is awful.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Try this instead. Video is much more rewarding.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
Having to guide my little brother through the college preparation process. I wouldn't mind a hand from my folks on this one.

any way to guide them into involvement? or since youve done it recently it falls on you?

Originally Posted by Douglas

8DAE5C83-orig.jpg

ffffuuuu.gif

sorry douglas but you gotta admit thats funny

HgaleK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by in stitches
any way to guide them into involvement? or since youve done it recently it falls on you?

Eh. My dad's not involved much with the family and my mom is busy figuring her life out/enjoying herself I think. I've been trying. She's quicker to put money forward than effort with regards to this particular issue.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HgaleK
Eh. My dad's not involved much with the family and my mom is busy figuring her life out/enjoying herself I think. I've been trying. She's quicker to put money forward than effort with regards to this particular issue.

well at least you decent enough to help out your little bro, best of luck gale.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
Some ****** forgot about their laundry.

There are two loads that have been sitting on top of the dryers since I got back from vacation wednesday night. It wouldn't be that big of a deal except it looks like their clothes didn't get dry (if you stick your hand in the middle of the pile, it still feels damp) and it has been there long enough to start to smell like ****. This in turn makes the stairwell to my apartment entrance smell like ****.

How the **** do you forget about two huge loads of laundry for a week? It smelled when I got home on wednesday so it had probably been there for a few days already.

This post just reminded me I have clothes sitting in the washer. Gracias.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by otc
...it looks like their clothes didn't get dry (if you stick your hand in the middle of the pile, it still feels damp)...

wtf are you doing sticking your hand into the middle of someone's laundry?

eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads