• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
Did you buy something from Stitches?

confused.gif
we accept amex

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
(...) Thomas, some folks like drama and constant crisis mode. Sounds like Mrs. T-bone might be one of them. I also tend to see it much more in my female employees than my male so maybe this is her profile? Over the course of my career I have spent mucho energy in training people not to function this way. I refuse to get drawn in, worked up, etc. (as that's what they want) and slow them down and try to teach perspective. Sometimes, it actually works!
Good point there. She's the howler between us, to be quite honest.
Originally Posted by acidboy
sounds like there's something else bothering the mrs, T?
Yeah, like bar review, and the fact that I'm taking courses at a time when she wants me to be home every second when I'm not at work. That really upset her, but she wastes enough time for me to pull this stunt to impose a bit more urgency and focus. Not sure it's working, but then again for me to be hone 24/7 wouldn't help her on that front, either.
Originally Posted by Douglas
meh. i am as anti-structure and pro-improv as anyone. i also think you can take routine a little too far with children - they do have to learn to roll with some punches at some point. That said, bath, bottle, bed is one of those core routines that ought to be stood by with infants - unless, that is, you hate yourself. but if you are someone who has to do a lot of different things and sometimes has to keep disparate balls in the air, sometimes the routines get sacrificed.
I understand and I've been pretty improvisational in the past, but with both of our kids - once they get 'off the reservation' so to speak - they forget everything. "Hey you let me stay up past 8, so I guess I also don't need to bathe, brush my teeth, or wipe my butt" SRSLY. Steam comes out of my ears at this point, and then I become the howler. ... Speaking of howling, the AC has been on the fritz in the Mrs.' wagon, so I had a friend look it over and he suggested we get a couple of parts and try to fix it. I went over the parts catalog with the Mrs. 10 days ago and we agreed on what to buy first. Part numbers, and everything. She said she'd order them. Now, here we are coming to the weekend, I'm planning on taking the wagon to see our AC friend, and she hasn't ordered the parts. So, it's at least another week of 100+ degree afternoons and taking her ******* wagon around. And the deadline is this: late July we have two road trips: she goes to take the bar in SA and I get to take the son to camp in north Texas. I will no doubt be taking the wagon, so we've got to get the ****** fixed in the next two weeks. Goddammit.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
T, I've come to the conclusion that I share the same personality types as your wife, and you share the same traits as my wife. Take that for what it is worth.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
Yeah, like bar review, and the fact that I'm taking courses at a time when she wants me to be home every second when I'm not at work. That really upset her, but she wastes enough time for me to pull this stunt to impose a bit more urgency and focus. Not sure it's working, but then again for me to be hone 24/7 wouldn't help her on that front, either.

sounds like you guys need to get away for a while. hope you two can find the time, T.

and don't forget to bring teh forum with you. cheer up!

Avocat

Reaction score
ps. sorry, had a bit to drink tonight (as if that's not apparent); fact is, I'm totally TICKED off... been supporting a certain dog rescue group since forever, money and otherwise, for EONs, and they gave away a dog that we were interested in, had dibbs on per se. Anywho, upset about it--as that's kinda just wrong.

Avocat

Reaction score
*sorry, double post*

Avocat

Reaction score
PS... BTW and G'DAY, Neo ... saw the Katy Perrh cancellation news (my condolences) ... Meantime, here's to tops scores on your internship, trust all that is going well...
smile.gif

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There's something wrong in Canada, but I don't know what. Good luck Avocat, and if needed; good luck Canadians.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bhowie
T, I've come to the conclusion that I share the same personality types as your wife, and you share the same traits as my wife. Take that for what it is worth.

So that's why I felt like proposing to you when we met for lunch. Good to know this.

Cereally, though, this kind of dynamic also exists in her parents' relationship to a point, although the individual traits aren't distributed in quite the same way.

sounds like you guys need to get away for a while. hope you two can find the time, T.

and don't forget to bring teh forum with you. cheer up!

Hah - the LAST thing I need is to travel with her again. The last few trips we've taken, I've said 'never again'. I would rather travel alone. Actually, our last trip to Mexico wasn't bad (Well, actually it WAS but that's a different circumstance) except that we took D with us and each of us had a fair amount of individual bonding time with him, and didn't spend a lot of time together.

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
iphone broke so now I am back to the BB. Called apple and they said I have to pay $30 for shipping to expedite a new device to me because I dont have apple care, which costs another $70. WTF?!?!?!

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas

Hah - the LAST thing I need is to travel with her again. The last few trips we've taken, I've said 'never again'. I would rather travel alone. Actually, our last trip to Mexico wasn't bad (Well, actually it WAS but that's a different circumstance) except that we took D with us and each of us had a fair amount of individual bonding time with him, and didn't spend a lot of time together.

well keep your head up, T. good luck and hope this pass soon.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
well keep your head up, T. good luck and hope this pass soon.

Thanks mang. Things ought to pass by August 1.

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
English defense league dick heads marching in Cambridge, resulting in pubs being closed, result in me not getting day time drunk. Also they're racist pricks and theres hundreds of them so I really shouldn't be in town anyway.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads