• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr.orange
how long do $700 boots last? I've got some cool billy reid boots that, sadly, do not qualify for this thread.
Forever if you vibram and buy new laces.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jet
I think the thing that I love most is how my 4+ year old carpes have the best shape out of any boots in this thread or any others produced for that matter
redface.gif

ya the carpe shape is hard to beat and it is one reason I like the ones I posted above; basically the same. They are also gray which is a nice change from black, which I have covered.

iirc you do not care for ma+ boots/shoes generally correct? Maybe I am wrong about that.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by flyguy7
haha very true. Still love you

<3

tbh i really don't give a **** about attention whoring here (just in real life wherever there are females (2)), kind of been tired of forums for awhile which is why I don't participate as much anymore...been wanting to start a blog for a couple years but I'm blase about it

Originally Posted by DLester
ya the carpe shape is hard to beat and it is one reason I like the ones I posted above; basically the same. They are also gray which is a nice change from black, which I have covered.

iirc you do not care for ma+ boots/shoes generally correct? Maybe I am wrong about that.

They're ok, I don't like the unfinished/minimal use of stitching/single piece leathers etc that is predominant with brands like ma, avant, etc plus guidi shape is not appealing to me. Augusta is probably my next fav but most of them are misses imho. I do like a couple models but I think if you're coughing up 1.5k+ they should be perfect, too much settling going on.

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I totally understand where you are coming from. And Carpe and some Augusta definitely is the most finished looking of the SZ style footwear. I personally like the unfinished quality a lot of stuff has going on though. I think shape wise CCP is generally the toughest for me to swallow, but now that I have a pair I'm starting to dig it quite a bit. I wish the toe wasn't quite so pointy still, but...

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
Less talkin' 'bout JET more white boots/shoes with links where I can purchase them
OLD SCHOOL AUGUSTA *pic from old SZ sale thread
IMG_0288-1.jpg
augusta-cordovan-wrap-around.jpg
*pic from Zekka
IMG_1825.jpg
3864970601_aa574af023.jpg
3865756844_3867b165c2.jpg
CCP
AM-2445-White-1.jpg
ccpperfbuutzmn2.png
dsc3982ds1.jpg

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Those look great but white reverse would get so filthy, maybe in a good way maybe not. These are nice too. I am wondering whether I could wear them with my Dries/Jil stuff or only with leathers.
Reminds me of the Lattanzi boots for Jil, so I don't see why not

Earnest Hemingway

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
those remind me of the margiela moto boots

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Magic1
carol christian poell makes a boot with a rubberband, now augusta has to make a boot with a rubberband... they look totally different, but still. I don't think augusta (or avanticincotitredeuxquarante) really has a vision. Just turns out ccp/carpe diem look alikes and everything that doesn't look alike is scattered. Some cool, clearly well made offerings, but no real aesthetic in place.
"CCP puts out a shoe with a heel....so Augusta has to put out a shoe with a heel. they look totally different but still"
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
i think you're just an idiot. Augusta boots look nothing like CCP. CCP puts out three to four models per year and he recycles them. Augusta puts out like 8-10 models per season. Why would they care to have less variation (which you mistake for "direction") when their sole focus is shoes?? the two guys probably live right next door to each other and go eat spaghetti together. some overlap and inspiration is expected.
Originally Posted by flyguy7
total noob q, why does augusta have all sorts of different names? it's kinda hard to figure out which are there's on things like atelier, but barneys still just calls it augusta?
diacia = 10 novo = 9 venti = 20 tre = 3 its just the italian translation

Magic1

Reaction score

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
yah i know the models you are talking about. but that paneling/stitch pattern was present on CDiems before CCP did it I believe (i may be wrong about this). lots of boot makers use a similar panel on the lower front inner shin area. I think it's just a technical solution to manufacturing leather boots properly. some oldschool helmut lang boots i own have something similar. granted the grain and pointed toe are similar, I don't think Augusta really has any need, benefit or desire to ripoff CCP's recycled boot style. the guy is clearly creative enough to come up with new **** all the time.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yay, mine

gray MA+

COcEG.jpg

LVAbP.jpg

Originally Posted by eckblk
^^

Those are dope. I the seller is a buddy of mine, really great guy with a seriously baller wardrobe
worship.gif

yeah he seems like a good guy. Moreover he has some derbies I might be interested in as well. I bet he has some ridiculously fine pieces in his collection.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yay, mine
gray MA+
COcEG.jpg
LVAbP.jpg

yeah he seems like a good guy. Moreover he has some derbies I might be interested in as well. I bet he has some ridiculously fine pieces in his collection.

Congrats, those are dope- Yep, he has the most insane outwear/leather collection I've ever seen; best on the interwebz. Eton97 is the RFX of SZ.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads