The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

how long do $700 boots last? I've got some cool billy reid boots that, sadly, do not qualify for this thread.
    Forever if you vibram and buy new laces.

2. DLester

DLester Senior member

I think the thing that I love most is how my 4+ year old carpes have the best shape out of any boots in this thread or any others produced for that matter [​IMG]

ya the carpe shape is hard to beat and it is one reason I like the ones I posted above; basically the same. They are also gray which is a nice change from black, which I have covered.

iirc you do not care for ma+ boots/shoes generally correct? Maybe I am wrong about that.

3. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Less talkin' 'bout JET more white boots/shoes with links where I can purchase them

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

haha very true. Still love you

<3

tbh i really don't give a shit about attention whoring here (just in real life wherever there are females (2)), kind of been tired of forums for awhile which is why I don't participate as much anymore...been wanting to start a blog for a couple years but I'm blase about it

ya the carpe shape is hard to beat and it is one reason I like the ones I posted above; basically the same. They are also gray which is a nice change from black, which I have covered.

iirc you do not care for ma+ boots/shoes generally correct? Maybe I am wrong about that.

They're ok, I don't like the unfinished/minimal use of stitching/single piece leathers etc that is predominant with brands like ma, avant, etc plus guidi shape is not appealing to me. Augusta is probably my next fav but most of them are misses imho. I do like a couple models but I think if you're coughing up 1.5k+ they should be perfect, too much settling going on.

5. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

I totally understand where you are coming from. And Carpe and some Augusta definitely is the most finished looking of the SZ style footwear. I personally like the unfinished quality a lot of stuff has going on though. I think shape wise CCP is generally the toughest for me to swallow, but now that I have a pair I'm starting to dig it quite a bit. I wish the toe wasn't quite so pointy still, but...

6. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

Less talkin' 'bout JET more white boots/shoes with links where I can purchase them
    OLD SCHOOL AUGUSTA *pic from old SZ sale thread [​IMG] [​IMG] *pic from Zekka [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] CCP [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Those look great but white reverse would get so filthy, maybe in a good way maybe not. These are nice too. I am wondering whether I could wear them with my Dries/Jil stuff or only with leathers.
    Reminds me of the Lattanzi boots for Jil, so I don't see why not

8. Lane

Lane Senior member

Julius FW 2011 [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Earnest Hemingway

Earnest Hemingway Senior member

those remind me of the margiela moto boots

10. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

11. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

carol christian poell makes a boot with a rubberband, now augusta has to make a boot with a rubberband... they look totally different, but still. I don't think augusta (or avanticincotitredeuxquarante) really has a vision. Just turns out ccp/carpe diem look alikes and everything that doesn't look alike is scattered. Some cool, clearly well made offerings, but no real aesthetic in place.
    "CCP puts out a shoe with a heel....so Augusta has to put out a shoe with a heel. they look totally different but still" [​IMG] [​IMG] i think you're just an idiot. Augusta boots look nothing like CCP. CCP puts out three to four models per year and he recycles them. Augusta puts out like 8-10 models per season. Why would they care to have less variation (which you mistake for "direction") when their sole focus is shoes?? the two guys probably live right next door to each other and go eat spaghetti together. some overlap and inspiration is expected.
    total noob q, why does augusta have all sorts of different names? it's kinda hard to figure out which are there's on things like atelier, but barneys still just calls it augusta?
    diacia = 10 novo = 9 venti = 20 tre = 3 its just the italian translation

12. Magic1

Magic1 Senior member

13. sq4you

sq4you Mid-level baller

yah i know the models you are talking about. but that paneling/stitch pattern was present on CDiems before CCP did it I believe (i may be wrong about this). lots of boot makers use a similar panel on the lower front inner shin area. I think it's just a technical solution to manufacturing leather boots properly. some oldschool helmut lang boots i own have something similar. granted the grain and pointed toe are similar, I don't think Augusta really has any need, benefit or desire to ripoff CCP's recycled boot style. the guy is clearly creative enough to come up with new shit all the time.

14. DLester

DLester Senior member

yay, mine

gray MA+

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

^^

Those are dope. I the seller is a buddy of mine, really great guy with a seriously baller wardrobe [​IMG]

yeah he seems like a good guy. Moreover he has some derbies I might be interested in as well. I bet he has some ridiculously fine pieces in his collection.

15. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

yay, mine
    gray MA+ [​IMG] [​IMG]
    yeah he seems like a good guy. Moreover he has some derbies I might be interested in as well. I bet he has some ridiculously fine pieces in his collection.

Congrats, those are dope- Yep, he has the most insane outwear/leather collection I've ever seen; best on the interwebz. Eton97 is the RFX of SZ.