• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5EP, where to try, where to buy?

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All I care about is that they aren't too loose in the waist. I need a slightly larger fit in the thigh because my legs are relatively thick.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
All I care about is that they aren't too loose in the waist. I need a slightly larger fit in the thigh because my legs are relatively thick.

Hmm, do you usually buy slightly smaller and let it stretch out, or buy your exact true size and deal with it if it stretches out a bit? I didn't find my 5EP resin extremely stretchy but they certainly will stretch a bit. I think you'd be fine with true to size on the straight zip, to be honest. I think some people do size down but if you don't usually size down with most jeans then don't with 5EP resin.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Hmm, do you usually buy slightly smaller and let it stretch out, or buy your exact true size and deal with it if it stretches out a bit? I didn't find my 5EP resin extremely stretchy but they certainly will stretch a bit. I think you'd be fine with true to size on the straight zip, to be honest. I think some people do size down but if you don't usually size down with most jeans then don't with 5EP resin.

I size down on those that I know will stretch, like Nudies. Also, to be honest, I'm not sure if I'm a true 31 or 32, I just try something and see if it fits. I suppose I can always order both if available, try them, and then sell the one that doesn't fit.

I emailed denimafia last night, so I'll see if they respond. It could all be moot if they only have one, or don't have either, in which case I'll just get myself another pair of SSDS.

BTW, how do the straights fit compared to your Acne Mics (one of my favorites)?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
I size down on those that I know will stretch, like Nudies. Also, to be honest, I'm not sure if I'm a true 31 or 32, I just try something and see if it fits. I suppose I can always order both if available, try them, and then sell the one that doesn't fit. I emailed denimafia last night, so I'll see if they respond. It could all be moot if they only have one, or don't have either, in which case I'll just get myself another pair of SSDS. BTW, how do the straights fit compared to your Acne Mics (one of my favorites)?
In size 34 to size 34, the 5EP straight down resin was a bit tighter in the waist, a bit looser in the seat, about the same in the thigh, and slightly more fitted in the leg. Keep in mind the 5EP is a washed jean while the Acne is a raw jean, so that explains some of the discrepanies. Personally I'd size exactly the same as you did for the Acnes. If you felt the 32 Acne fit perfect out of the box, and you want the 5EP to fit the same way, then buy the 32. If you felt it was too big, you may want to consider the 31. If I were you i'd buy the 32. I'd also say that the 5EP resin will stretch less than the Acne Mic, primarily again because it's washed.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In size 34 to size 34, the 5EP straight down resin was a bit tighter in the waist, a bit looser in the seat, about the same in the thigh, and slightly more fitted in the leg. Keep in mind the 5EP is a washed jean while the Acne is a raw jean, so that explains some of the discrepanies. Personally I'd size exactly the same as you did for the Acnes. If you felt the 32 Acne fit perfect out of the box, and you want the 5EP to fit the same way, then buy the 32. If you felt it was too big, you may want to consider the 31. If I were you i'd buy the 32. I'd also say that the 5EP resin will stretch less than the Acne Mic, primarily again because it's washed.

Thank you, that is probably the single best size comparison I've read on this forum! The 32 waist on the Acne fit perfect when I put them on, and haven't stretched much, so if these start a tiny bit tighter and stretch a tiny bit less than I think I've found my jean.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For those who have emailed denimafia, how long do they usually take to respond?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
For those who have emailed denimafia, how long do they usually take to respond?

It varies. Sometimes fast, sometimes it takes longer. From when I first emailed hitman to when I received my jeans took about 2 weeks (and I'm in California)

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It varies. Sometimes fast, sometimes it takes longer. From when I first emailed hitman to when I received my jeans took about 2 weeks (and I'm in California)

Ok, thanks. Sill, I would have thought that next-day turn-around on an inquirey isn't too much to ask for. The one thing I already like about this as opposed to ordering from most stores is that, since they don't take returns, I will get something brand new, completely unstretched. Now, every time I order, I have to make that special request.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
Ok, thanks. Sill, I would have thought that next-day turn-around on an inquirey isn't too much to ask for. The one thing I already like about this as opposed to ordering from most stores is that, since they don't take returns, I will get something brand new, completely unstretched. Now, every time I order, I have to make that special request.

Well, this is just two people, not really a internet-based business per se. They do a great job in packaging and shipping their product, and it's certainly brand new. I think a 50% discount is worth waiting a few extra days for.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well, this is just two people, not really a internet-based business per se. They do a great job in packaging and shipping their product, and it's certainly brand new. I think a 50% discount is worth waiting a few extra days for.

Oh, I'm more than happy to wait a few extra days to get my jeans, I just want to know if they even have what I want. I did order another pair of SSDS from revolve, as I decided I just had to, but I'm still open to some 5EP at that price. If I pulled the trigger that would leave me with:

RRDS
SSDS
SS Coated
Acne Mic (2x)
ES Fulton Line Dry
the new 5EP

Godmother

Reaction score
The DEAD STOCK SALE will end this month. So place your orders by 3/25 latest.
Please note jeans will be available at RETAIL STORE RON HERMAN, DOUGLAS FIR, HOLLYWOOD TRADING, OAK, and POST BLUE JEAN. and 5EP.COM will have an on line store in coming months.

Will keep you posted. Would love to se pics of the newly " made men " in their 5EPs. Had a lot of good feedback...want to see how they look. I only ever see them on HITMAN....just curious.

Regarding INSEAMS. We have minimums in order to cut an special INSEAM. Id you can get enough people to order 34 or 36....we can try and swing it for the New LOW DOWN SLIM 5EP / STYLE FORUM JEANS. Need to know by end MARCH. The new LDS will be 34 INSEAM. Let me know.

macuser3of5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
<picture of awesome jeans>

BTW you may want to consider the 5EP LDB also, as it's button fly, and has about 1/2-3/4" lower rise. Its "bootcut" is only about 0.5", significantly more subtle than the RR... food for thought.

Ok, so seeing this I now want 5EP jeans bad, especially at those prices... yarr... The LDB raw is looking like a winner... So, I hope this isn't superfluous, as I have spent some time digging through the archives and have not come away with a clear answer... I'm a 31 in HL classic bootcut jeans (the only jeans maker I have to reference from sadly)... I just want to get an idea of what's what before I pester the nice peeps at 5EP with a flurry of emails.

Someone please help me spend my money.
musicboohoo[1].gif

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey, anyone know what NYC stores, if any, have gotten their spring 5EP in? I went to the LA retailers yesterday, but none had. I will be in NY in the next week, so I figured I'd check some places out if they had some.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads