• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

5EP, where to try, where to buy?

Maharlika

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lance konami
Yeah but who the **** can afford anything in there? I need to start slanging rocks or something...

Actually, there are knock offs from Maxfield called Maxfield Blue on Robertson Blvd. Granted they're previous seasons but I tend to buy classic clothing if I'm going to spend $$$. Also, I like to wait for sales in American Rag, HTC and Fred Segal , and of course Barney's Warehouse sales 2 x a year. I rarely purchase anything on retail price unless I have to have it.. and that's rare. I went to Douglas Fir when they had their sale like a month or so ago. One of the guys who owns Douglas Fir also used to own Clacton and Primpton way back in the Reagan years. I know-- L.A. has some nice places to shop!

phooi

Reaction score
I was at HTC last weekend to have my 5EPs hemmed and they were out. Not sure when they are getting their next shipment in tho'. In fact, they were pretty low in a number of jeans except their Stevenson line. Anyone know anything about them?

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
I talked to Godmother today, and the stockists who will be getting new stuff in (and soon) are: Douglas Fir, Ron Herman, and Hollywood Trading Company. I've not been to Douglas Fir, but I love Ron Herman and HTC. Ron Herman has to be *the* LA store. I think that Maxfield takes more chances, but if you want to see what style is all about in LA, go to Ron Herman. My one great non-buying regret is a boiled wool raw cut moss green zip hoodie from Griffin that I saw there around 2001 or so.

Which Ron Herman is the best? I've only been to the one in Fred Segal on Melrose.

So back to the 5EP: Anywhere to see a good picture of the resin? And how do either the straight leg or bootcut compare to the Acne Mic, Nudie SS or RR, or ES Fulton in the waist, seat and thigh? I know the bottoms will all be different. And I once saw a reference to these only being available in shorter lengths, like RB used to be. Is that true, or should someone who usually gets a 34 length be fine?

PG2G

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ron herman @ Fred Segal is the only one with men's clothes, as far as I know. The others are, like the website, women only.

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
Which Ron Herman is the best? I've only been to the one in Fred Segal on Melrose.

So back to the 5EP: Anywhere to see a good picture of the resin? And how do either the straight leg or bootcut compare to the Acne Mic, Nudie SS or RR, or ES Fulton in the waist, seat and thigh? I know the bottoms will all be different. And I once saw a reference to these only being available in shorter lengths, like RB used to be. Is that true, or should someone who usually gets a 34 length be fine?

Here's a pic I posted a few months ago of the Straight Zip Resin:

br001rm2.jpg

The straight zip are higher rise than any of the jeans you mentioned, maybe just a bit higher rise than the RR. The seat and thigh are a bit more relaxed than some but the legs are more fitted, in my experience. When I say they are more relaxed, they're still slim, but not as fitted as some of the others. They are slimmer in the thigh/seat as RRDS, though.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by drizzt3117
Here's a pic I posted a few months ago of the Straight Zip Resin:

br001rm2.jpg

The straight zip are higher rise than any of the jeans you mentioned, maybe just a bit higher rise than the RR. The seat and thigh are a bit more relaxed than some but the legs are more fitted, in my experience. When I say they are more relaxed, they're still slim, but not as fitted as some of the others. They are slimmer in the thigh/seat as RRDS, though.

Wow, those look really, really nice. What's the length on those?

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they're marked 32 but measure about 33.

See, I need a jean that will measure at least 33 after washed. I'm 6'1 and mostly leg (in that a regular jacket is often more than enough length, whereas someone more evenly split would need a long). With my Nudies and Acnes, once they've been washed once, I always have them hemmed to about a 33 or 33.5. I think anything less and I might have the same problem I did with my first pair of RB6, that came out before the 34 length was available. I guess I might just be "stuck" with another pair of Nudies. My live sucks, lol

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
See, I need a jean that will measure at least 33 after washed. I'm 6'1 and mostly leg (in that a regular jacket is often more than enough length, whereas someone more evenly split would need a long). With my Nudies and Acnes, once they've been washed once, I always have them hemmed to about a 33 or 33.5. I think anything less and I might have the same problem I did with my first pair of RB6, that came out before the 34 length was available. I guess I might just be "stuck" with another pair of Nudies. My live sucks, lol
They make 5EP in 34 inseam... I just happen to need 32 inseam. Email [email protected] and he will tell you what they have in stock in the various sizes. Also keep in mind that if you wear the 5EP low, it will be longer because it has somewhat higher rise than Nudies.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So what's the difference between the deadstock stuff that the makers have and the stuff in stores that sells for twice the price?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
So what's the difference between the deadstock stuff that the makers have and the stuff in stores that sells for twice the price?
Nothing. It's exactly the same stuff, just sold directly by 5EP. I think they have a bunch of jeans that were left over that they just want to move. Godmother mentioned something about how their marketing was done by a different firm now or something. I bought a pair of straight zip resin deadstock that were identical to the two other pairs that I've owned. Also once the deadstock is gone, it and the $150 price are GONE, afaik.

hermes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i ordered a pair of the 5EP with 34 inseam (don't worry DGP, you're not the only one who needs long inseams) but haven't received them yet (being in canada, i'm assuming the shipping is slow .... ) but as soon as i do, i'll report back and let you know how the inseam is, and if it's too long or too short

i held off ordering a second pair until i see how the inseam is on the first pair so i'm hoping to still get a second deadstock pair before they're all gone

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
BTW, the raw jeans with 32" inseam measure 34" on the inseam in size 34 anyways. I don't believe the resin jeans shrink at all in the inseam or anywhere because they are coated, just so you know DGP. They're one-wash.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW, the raw jeans with 32" inseam measure 34" on the inseam in size 34 anyways. I don't believe the resin jeans shrink at all in the inseam or anywhere because they are coated, just so you know DGP. They're one-wash.

BTW, seeing as you own all the same jeans I do (and then some), how did the 5EP size you picked up compare? I am a 31 in RRDS and SSDS, a 32 in Acne Mic Ridgid, and also a 32 in Fulton Line Dry (though a 31 in certain other ES). Would I want to go 31 or 32?

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
BTW, seeing as you own all the same jeans I do (and then some), how did the 5EP size you picked up compare? I am a 31 in RRDS and SSDS, a 32 in Acne Mic Ridgid, and also a 32 in Fulton Line Dry (though a 31 in certain other ES). Would I want to go 31 or 32?
Depends how you want them to fit. If you want a slim/tight fit go with the 31. If you want them to fit like the ones in my picture, go with 32 (if you're buying the resin, anyways) Most people don't size down in the resin, especially the straight since it's zip fly. BTW you may want to consider the 5EP LDB also, as it's button fly, and has about 1/2-3/4" lower rise. Its "bootcut" is only about 0.5", significantly more subtle than the RR... food for thought. Mine in raw...
96031286nr1.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads