• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Need help (girl of my dreams)

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD
I don't know... people who are in professions that require advanced degrees (Law and especially Medicine) may have stunted relationship experience. Mostly so because they only can date eachother so you have two people who are stunted in the relationship game.

Plus lets face it... in order to graduate from Law school there's a great chance that you're a reformed nerd/geek who's just starting to figure things out in you're late 20's and early 30's.

to the OP: keep it up man. if you're a nice guy keep at it. but keep trying to have human interactions with her, not just internet/text stuff.

buuuuttt... sometimes people need time (years even) to get over a relationship. or worse some girls are just so used to dating assholes, that a guy being nice is just a foreign concept and that can be a self fulfilling prophecy where they will TURN you into an asshole eventually while dating them.

you have to at least try.

While that might be the case for some kids, at my college the kids who went to top law/med school were pretty sociable. Of course, this is kids that I knew and its a small sample size. Buddy went to Harvard Med and he was on the football team.

ALSO **** I GO WORK OUT AND I MISS THE PICS??? PLEASE REPOST SO I CAN GIVE YOU ADVICE!!!

HelloIDistance

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
While that might be the case for some kids, at my college the kids who went to top law/med school were pretty sociable. Of course, this is kids that I knew and its a small sample size. Buddy went to Harvard Med and he was on the football team.

ALSO **** I GO WORK OUT AND I MISS THE PICS??? PLEASE REPOST SO I CAN GIVE YOU ADVICE!!!

+1 Need pictures to render great advice
laugh.gif

Richard Pryor

Reaction score
I called around 8:30pm. She answered the phone and sounded very friendly "Hey, how are you!" I said fine and asked if it was a good time since she was in a crowded place. She said she was at a mexican restaurant and asked if she could call me later. I said yes, no problem.

About an hour later she called. I asked her what she had for dinner. Blah blah blah. I then told her that I was sorry for ignoring her at the gym yesterday, but I was late to work and hence in a rush. She said no problem at all. Even better she said, cause in the gym you're doing your thing, blah blah blah. I said "yes, and then we start talking and 20 minutes go by and we stop working out, etc".

Some more chit chat about something that she posted on FB today.

Then I said that I was calling her to see if she had plans this weekend and maybe we could do something. She said sure, let me know. I told her I'd call her Friday afternoon.

Conversation lasted 5 minutes. I'm horrible at the phone (on the beach we talked 4 two hours non stop).

What do you guys think? Could've been a lot worse, right?

HelloIDistance

Reaction score
Need to see a picture in order to answer if that phone call went correctly.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Yea. In order to analyze the situation a picture is needed.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Haha, look at these guys. She was def in the you would hit it unless being a complete **** category

OP, I hope you get it man, best of luck to you

unjung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Richard Pryor

Christ dude. This is how most guy-girl interactions go, before they move on to dating. You're on the right track, only a decade or so late. The fact she called you back, to me, implies interest in spending time with you. Again, I wouldn't kill yourself over this being as friends or something more, but I would assume something more and act accordingly. Next time, don't put off to Friday setting up a date on Wednesday. Ask her to dinner, a jazz club, the gun range, whatever. Make a date! She's not dumb. She knows what you're going for. Once you're together, be funny, keep the conversation rolling, see how it goes. If her brother, mother, ex or Santa Claus appear, stay cool and include them. And if she gets within six to eight inches during conversation and is looking right at you, kiss her. This is as much advice as anyone should ever need.

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't believe more of you don't just think this chick is being nice. As I was reading the OP's situation, my only thought was "classic case of a girl being friendly because a nice guy asked her out and she doesn't want to be a total *****". I'd find someone more enthusiastic to go on a date with you.

mr.orange

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
In the game of *****, you either get some or you end up with your hand... either way, its bound to be a sticky situation.

+1

I called around 8:30pm. She answered the phone and sounded very friendly "Hey, how are you!" I said fine and asked if it was a good time since she was in a crowded place. She said she was at a mexican restaurant and asked if she could call me later. I said yes, no problem.

About an hour later she called. I asked her what she had for dinner. Blah blah blah. I then told her that I was sorry for ignoring her at the gym yesterday, but I was late to work and hence in a rush. She said no problem at all. Even better she said, cause in the gym you're doing your thing, blah blah blah. I said "yes, and then we start talking and 20 minutes go by and we stop working out, etc".

Then I said that I was calling her to see if she had plans this weekend and maybe we could do something. She said sure, let me know. I told her I'd call her Friday afternoon.

Conversation lasted 5 minutes. I'm horrible at the phone (on the beach we talked 4 two hours non stop).

So you don't think it went well? It sounds like she keeps blowin' you off (not the good kind) bro.

Originally Posted by HelloIDistance
Need to see a picture in order to answer if that phone call went correctly.

Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
^Yea. In order to analyze the situation a picture is needed.

Don't bother posting unless it's a picture.
biggrin.gif

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
PM me for the picture. Her bathing suit is <3.

Richard Pryor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
I can't believe more of you don't just think this chick is being nice. As I was reading the OP's situation, my only thought was "classic case of a girl being friendly because a nice guy asked her out and she doesn't want to be a total *****". I'd find someone more enthusiastic to go on a date with you.

I'll be honest. The only time I've thought she wasn't interested was when she didn't return my call on Saturday.

If she wasn't interested, why would she have sent a txt Friday saying she was on her way to the beach, and to meet her there?

Why did she answer the phone today? Why did she call back?

If she wasn't interested, the easy thing to do would be to ignore my calls, and I would get the message instantly.

Unless she was a player, which she isn't.

But I could be wrong of course. I'm skeptical always. Hope 4 the best & expect the worse.

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll be honest. The only time I've thought she wasn't interested was when she didn't return my call on Saturday.

If she wasn't interested, why would she have sent a txt Friday saying she was on her way to the beach, and to meet her there?

Why did she answer the phone today? Why did she call back?

If she wasn't interested, the easy thing to do would be to ignore my calls, and I would get the message instantly.

Unless she was a player, which she isn't.

But I could be wrong of course. I'm skeptical always. Hope 4 the best & expect the worse.

Maybe she texted you about the beach thinking you either decided not to go, or because she didn't want it to be awkward if she ran into you. Maybe she also doesn't want things to be awkward at the gym, etc...and that's why she doesn't want to outright ignore you. Also, it's possible she likes your company and sees you as a non-threat (aka a friend). I dunno, that's just how I'd behave if that was the case for me.
confused.gif

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Could've been a lot better. Why did you call to ask for the date without actually setting plans? And I really hope you didn't use the phrase "maybe we could do something." Sounds like you're asking a buddy to hang out.
facepalm.gif

I disagree with tomgirl. I think this girl is actually interested in going on a first date. (I don't consider the meeting at the beach to be a date.) Granted, agreeing to go on a date is not a terribly high threshold, but it's something. Better bring your A-game.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Chances are you call on Friday to hang out on Friday/Saturday and she'll already have plans. You should've said "I'm calling you to see if you want to grab drinks on Friday, I'll be at blah blah with some people/or we can go to blah blah they have great wine and a nice view/or blah blah". Point is, your call was worthless because you called to make a plan to call to make plans. Peanut Gallery - I'll repost pic from the office tomorrow. It's worth it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads