• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheWraith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fxh
If I knew what that meant I'd reply - I sincerely hope it doesn't mean you found an undocumented stash of peth in the impress cabinet?

crackup[1].gif

bhall41

Reaction score
This moaning that tradies, or at least some tradies, are better off than many professionals, is redolent of jealousy and petty class consciousness. Seriously, if you think tradies are over paid and have it easy, pull up stumps and try working as one.

One of my dive buddies is an experienced brickie (I don't work in the construction industry so I'm not sure what his exact desigantion is) and he is not exactly living the high life. Yes, he goes diving, but he doesn't own a flash house or car, and can't afford overseas trips with his family.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by apropos
It of course depends on your place in the medical hierarchy (e.g. consultant vs intern), but AFAIK this does not happen to any significant degree in metropolitan areas. The system has moved on from that, apparently. Work with them vs. work for you.

A pissed off nurse usually means a ward full of pissed off nurses which in turn usually means hell for a junior doctor. Seen this happen before, not fun at all.

Ha!

My wife's a nurse... I agree completely: pissed-off nurses = mucho bad news!
biggrin.gif

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prince of Paisley
Yes, my argument is that the Internet is helping to reduce market failure by providing more perfect information to consumers. This is one of the main problems with the DJ's etc. business model.

Yes, I was agreeing with you and pointing out that what was once an economic theory in some instances is becoming a bit of a reality. I know some will argue that the internetz do not contain all prices for all products but we are getting more and more informed. I know that I, and some of my friends, will not make a purchase before consulting a website.

Originally Posted by apropos
I hope the internet will come to this thread.

Do not comprehend.

Originally Posted by ColdEyedPugilist
Ha!

My wife's a nurse... I agree completely: pissed-off nurses = mucho bad news!
biggrin.gif

My soon to be wife is an nursing unit manager at a major hospital. Pissing off a nurse is bad news (I know, I do it often). She reckons junior doctors get picked on by nurses all the time, and they can quite literally make life hell for them.

Prof. B. Bear

Reaction score
Whilst we're on the subject of medial salaries, a mate of mine has just graduated with his bachelor of dental surgery and has gained employment with an inner city Melbourne practice paying $126 p/h working 10 hours a week (5 on Sat, 5 on Mon).

He's on $65,520 p/a working 10 hours a week. Massive money for such little time commitment.

appolyon

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I recall reading somewhere that dentists were the highest paid professional out of uni.

ned kelly

Reaction score
I have a sibling who works as an anaesthetist in Canada. Canada has a National Health Service. The NHS sets the Doctors fees ,this limits Doctor's income as the can't charge above the set fee for any given service.About 5 years ago my sibling earnt about C$200,000 p.a. I was a patient in an Australian Hospital and when i went under a general anaesthetic. I told my sibling the cost of my anaesthetic . I was informed that this was triple the Canadian cost for the same procedure. If you triple the chargefor Australian Anaesthetists they will earn 600,000 p.a .

bhall41

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Prof. B. Bear
Whilst we're on the subject of medial salaries, a mate of mine has just graduated with his bachelor of dental surgery and has gained employment with an inner city Melbourne practice paying $126 p/h working 10 hours a week (5 on Sat, 5 on Mon).

He's on $65,520 p/a working 10 hours a week. Massive money for such little time commitment.

One of my school mates is a dentist and the co-owner of a practice in the suburbs. He has not worked a full week for at least a decade, I believe. Then again, would I want his job? No.

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by appolyon
My soon to be wife is an nursing unit manager at a major hospital. Pissing off a nurse is bad news (I know, I do it often). She reckons junior doctors get picked on by nurses all the time, and they can quite literally make life hell for them.

What you said x100

Gotta love them nurses!

ColdEyedPugilist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by appolyon
Time to free ourselves from our ties! Again.

Sigh... Into the breach once more, dear friends.

Whatisface on telly doesn't wear a tie = therefore you shouldn't

Expected response from the public: Baaaaaa... sheeple see, sheeple do... baaaa... baaaa

Did you read the posted comments for that article? Some were pretty hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads