• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pteroaltum
Part of "the customer is always right." Annoying, yes; but you can always say, "No, I can't do that unfortunately. <smile> Things happen sometimes, and I'll do my best to make it right." It gets the point across without getting the client angry. And those that (repeatedly) do not get the point need to be expunged from your premise. It is a for-profit venture; so those that do not provide a return are not our target clientele. Their retention is moot.

I've had to expunge a few "free-loaders" in my time and most of them call back to apologize, to which I laugh politely and say, "Don't worry about it. I wouldn't have acted any differently had it been me. Come back and I'll do something special for you." Lesson learned. Mutually beneficial for both parties.

Part of doing business. ^_^

Of course, this is all assuming that you've already gone beyond your duties to provide said service.

no offense, dude, but this is the "things that are pissing you off" thread, not the "come here for advice on customer service" thread. we come here to commiserate, not to obtain unsolicited advice from people who we then have to explain every detail to.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
(...) So maddening to have what you might have perceived as a good deed ruined by some lazy asshole who just didn't want to have to unpack boxes of clothes and other tchochkes.
My M-I-L managed a local Assistance Ministry for decades and successfully fought the atmosphere of entitlement and laziness that kept creeping in at the fringes. She is, however, an old-school martinet who can cut with very few words. Eventually someone hung a racist allegation on her, and she eventually retired rather than fight another day. Sadly, the assistance ministry she worked for decided they could make more money off the donated stock and bumped their prices (profit!!)...then they moved into a larger facility...and then closed because they no longer made money. Totally forgot the reason they were there in the first place.

pteroaltum

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
no offense, dude, but this is the "things that are pissing you off" thread, not the "come here for advice on customer service" thread. we come here to commiserate, not to obtain unsolicited advice from people who we then have to explain every detail to.
Fair assessment. ^_^ My apologies. Reminds me of one of my favorite graphic novels: "The Sandman" by Neil Gaiman. I had to dig into my archives to find this nifty little exchange between The Thessalian and Dream. Thanks for the nostalgia. I think I'll re-read this volume again now. Definitely one the most influential "book" I've ever read. Never thought a comic book would be one; but surprise, surprise.
sandman03709.jpg
Please don't misunderstand this post as a passive-aggressive response. None intended.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fair assessment. ^_^ My apologies.

Reminds me of one of my favorite graphic novels: "The Sandman" by Neil Gaiman. I had to dig into my archives to find this nifty little exchange between The Thessalian and Dream. Thanks for the nostalgia. I think I'll re-read this volume again now. Definitely one the most influential "book" I've ever read. Never thought a comic book would be one; but surprise, surprise.

sandman03709.jpg

Please don't misunderstand this post as a passive-aggressive response. None intended.

cheers.gif
Someone on the internet who isn't an asshole. Stick around. (0)

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Reminds me of one of my favorite graphic novels: "The Sandman" by Neil Gaiman. I had to dig into my archives to find this nifty little exchange between The Thessalian and Dream. Thanks for the nostalgia. I think I'll re-read this volume again now. Definitely one the most influential "book" I've ever read. Never thought a comic book would be one; but surprise, surprise.

sandman03709.jpg

laugh.gif
cheers.gif

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrG
I found out yesterday that my grandma was in dire straits. I planned to go see her this morning, but last night I got violently ill and there was just no way I could make the hour-and-a-half drive to the hospital. My uncle and dad just called me to tell me she's dead.

sorry to hear that, G. my condolences.

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Everything's piling on me at once... my life isn't that bad, but my future right now is uncertain, and given how certain things had been prior to this point, the stress of it all is getting to me. But with certainty I can say the 6 weeks starting from the beginning of May have been the worst 6 week stretch of my life.
frown.gif
EDIT: which is more to say how much I've taken things for granted than how awful it was. But it was pretty ******* bad.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Well, the good news is that I went to the store yesterday and bought no cookies. The bad news is that I brought some from home, but at least they weren't peanut butter so that's a start.

More bad news: yesterday I read a brief article from someone I respect who put it very plainly - the less fat you carry, the faster you run. Well, yes, this borders on the blindingly obvious, but the author went a step further and called it the primary determinant of performance - even among elite runners. So if I want to qualify for Boston, I pretty well have to cut out a lot of the sweets - or bump my training volume significantly
frown.gif

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

sandman03709.jpg

Love me some SANDMAN. Such a great series.
worship.gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
violent stomach ache and at work, ugh.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was on the 4 train to to watch a yankee game and these three blonds asked me if it was the right train to yankee stadium. I confirmed it was the right train. The train was packed - with people in yankee t-shirts and jerseys. They proceeded to ask me again if it was the right train, I nicely said yes and "just follow everyone in a yankees shirt/jersey/hat.. you can't go wrong".

Everything was cool, when 2min later they turned to the other side and asked a huge black guy if it was the right train. He calmly says: "didn't that guy tell you it was the right train twice?" The girls seem annoyed and proceed to say "why is everyone so rude?!" and these three latina chicks start bickering/jawing with the blonds and I have to witness potential "yankee fan on yankee fan crime" for the next 15min.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD
I was on the 4 train to to watch a yankee game and these three blonds asked me if it was the right train to yankee stadium. I confirmed it was the right train. The train was packed - with people in yankee t-shirts and jerseys. They proceeded to ask me again if it was the right train, I nicely said yes and "just follow everyone in a yankees shirt/jersey/hat.. you can't go wrong".

Everything was cool, when 2min later they turned to the other side and asked a huge black guy if it was the right train. He calmly says: "didn't that guy tell you it was the right train twice?" The girls seem annoyed and proceed to say "why is everyone so rude?!" and these three latina chicks start bickering/jawing with the blonds and I have to witness potential "yankee fan on yankee fan crime" for the next 15min.

yes bad fans suck, buuuuuuuut....

catfight + phone camcorder = your next post

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD

On the bright side at least it wasn't a Dodger game. You'd be in a hospital right now.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads