• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
No. Out in California.
I was about to say. That might have been the first drive by in the state's history.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
I was about to say. That might have been the first drive by in the state's history.

They happen here also but obviously not as often.

The guy used to live a rather shady lifestyle and I wouldn't have been that surprised if this had happened a few years ago. But he started up his own quite successful legitimate business 4 or so years back and left all that foolishness behind. Regardless of his past actions, he was a genuinely good guy. He helped out a lot of people in need, giving them jobs or helping set themselves up with their own thing. Looks like things caught up to him though and now his kids don't have father.
ffffuuuu.gif

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
A friend was just murdered. Someone pulled alongside his car and let loose. Ugh.

HOLY ****.

So sorry, Nil.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
hey whatever it is, T, y'know I got yer back... from halfway around the world.

Originally Posted by oneeightyseven
+1 because I'm in europe and I got your back still.

Thanks guise.

Originally Posted by Nil
A friend was just murdered. Someone pulled alongside his car and let loose. Ugh.

Holy ****, I'm sorry to hear that. Condolences, man.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
stuck in traffic and it looks like I will be for a while

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil

My sympathies to all.

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
******* hindsight. We didn't taket he right tack with this notice of proposed rulemaking and it's making our lives harder. Our conclusion is sound. But we should have jumped to the final stage of our reasoning and just said, X happens (and here's why it happens), and when X happens you can't keep doing things the way you are. If you can show up that X isn't happening, then everything's fine. Argh.

(Sorry for writing in code; but I don't want to share too many details.)

b

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
sorry Nil, that is terrible.

just got off a conference call. we sold a package of product to a customer this year for about 1 and a half mil. hardware, no software. what my regional sales manager told me was that the customer had differnt departments making the purchasing, and that they bought the hardware from us on one purchase order, and would be making the software purchase seperatly, by a different department. our system doens't work without the software. this type of thing does happen, occasionally, so it didn't seem that off the wall.

we had a conference call with the customer to discuss phase two today, the software. the head of the project basically said "who the **** told you that we didn't want the software with the pacakge we bought from you? now we have a whole bunch of stuff that doesn't work". my guy doesn't have a god answer, it seems that the person who told him that wasn't authorized, and didn't put anything in writting. so now it looks like we have *********** customer, so it makes us look bad, and we will have to find a way to get them the software. ****.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This was a facebook ad i just got

Atlanta AA Community
intherooms.com
Alcoholics Anonymous Atlanta members meeting up online in the biggest and best sober social network. Join now!

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edinatlanta
This was a facebook ad i just got

Atlanta AA Community
intherooms.com
Alcoholics Anonymous Atlanta members meeting up online in the biggest and best sober social network. Join now!

Quick, PM Kyle to fix it.
laugh.gif

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
this is a long time in coming but we had a customer in qatar ask for a pretty huge shipment of product... ~$50K worth, several skids of material, a few thouasand bucks in shipping.

when they got it, they started protesting about the quality, saying there were noise problems etc. in reality, I know that there were political games being played - our customer also makes an in-house version of the same item and I think there were internal pressures to reject our shipment and accept one from in-house. they sent us a bunch of BS complaints including videos of things making noise etc. that I refuted (it was obvious they had tampered with the product - nothing unfixable, but totally bush-league) by e-mail. Still, for a year they refused to pay even though I told them they had to take the material.

Finally, I gave up and rather than write it off I got a freight company to pick up the shipment and bring it back. I really have very little recourse here. This is a mid-eastern branch of one of the biggest companies in our industry - a HUGE multinational corporation. the manager there is apparently a huge dickface, but he knows he holds more cards than i do.

I just got the material back and it's been packaged horribly coming back. Boxes stacked upside down, crushed, etc. I'm going to have to go through all this material, verify that most of it is still re-sellable, clean it up, and i'm likely going to have to scrap some material. i'm also now eating shipping both ways.

I'm going to write a note to the country manager trying to get my freight and maybe some re-stocking fee back but I'm not optimistic. I really can't write a nasty note to corporate HQ in Germany without just sounding like a complaining squeaky wheel and jeopardizing other business we do with this customer.

It's not the end of the world ultimately but it is one of those SOBs of a situation where a big customer is ******* you ********** and all you can really do is smile and take it and pretend you like it.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
also, wife-to-be and i got into our first real dust-up over wedding expenses.
ffffuuuu.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads