• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
D, sorry to hear about both business and personal strife. I try and put things in perspective and remember that in closed business circles, even on a global scale like that, people eventually get their dues. You can't be a dick forever and not have it catch up with you.

Sorry about the wedding scuffle. Justice of the Peace, a couple of good friends, dinner at a good restaurant. We avoided all scuffles
smile.gif

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
(...) It's not the end of the world ultimately but it is one of those SOBs of a situation where a big customer is ******* you ********** and all you can really do is smile and take it and pretend you like it.
been there, done that, hate the experience.
also, wife-to-be and i got into our first real dust-up over wedding expenses.
ffffuuuu.gif

That's to be expected. If that's the worst that happens then you done okay. ... So, this is really really really minor but still. It's about my self-discipline. Normally, I exert a fair amount of control over my impulses and can hold to a schedule pretty well to get what I want done. Stay up til 11, wake up at 4, run mileage, etc, read classwork, eat clean, stay on top of workload - no problem. It's how I roll. ...except where peanut butter sandwich cookies are involved. Once I have a package of those in hand, I turn into the ******* Cookie Monster. I keep them at the office, and over the last couple of months, I've blown through about two packages a week. It's to the point where they're starting to disgust me, and still...they call to me every time I see them. I've bought them two, three packages at a time, thinking...This should last me at least a month! ha ha ha. A week later I'm staring forlornly at crumbs and planning a run to the grocery store later that day. Nutter Butters, Gauchos, whatever. They corrode my tightly-wound soul. And I'm out of them, again!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is a long time in coming but...

we had a customer in qatar ask for a pretty huge shipment of product... ~$50K worth, several skids of material, a few thouasand bucks in shipping.

when they got it, they started protesting about the quality, saying there were noise problems etc. in reality, I know that there were political games being played - our customer also makes an in-house version of the same item and I think there were internal pressures to reject our shipment and accept one from in-house. they sent us a bunch of BS complaints including videos of things making noise etc. that I refuted (it was obvious they had tampered with the product - nothing unfixable, but totally bush-league) by e-mail. Still, for a year they refused to pay even though I told them they had to take the material.

Finally, I gave up and rather than write it off I got a freight company to pick up the shipment and bring it back. I really have very little recourse here. This is a mid-eastern branch of one of the biggest companies in our industry - a HUGE multinational corporation. the manager there is apparently a huge dickface, but he knows he holds more cards than i do.

I just got the material back and it's been packaged horribly coming back. Boxes stacked upside down, crushed, etc. I'm going to have to go through all this material, verify that most of it is still re-sellable, clean it up, and i'm likely going to have to scrap some material. i'm also now eating shipping both ways.

I'm going to write a note to the country manager trying to get my freight and maybe some re-stocking fee back but I'm not optimistic. I really can't write a nasty note to corporate HQ in Germany without just sounding like a complaining squeaky wheel and jeopardizing other business we do with this customer..

It's not the end of the world ultimately but it is one of those SOBs of a situation where a big customer is ******* you ********** and all you can really do is smile and take it and pretend you like it.

oooh i hate that. it makes my blood boil when my larger customers take advantage of us using their buying power as leverage. and like you said not **** you can do.

also, wife-to-be and i got into our first real dust-up over wedding expenses.
ffffuuuu.gif

i doubt this helps any, but ill share anyway. the dust-ups my wife and i had over wedding plans are now things we laugh about. so just know, things will iron out and later on you can look back on it with a smile.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jodum5
Awful haircut. Going to have to have someone even it out for me tomorrow morning or at lunch. I want to strangle the old **** who messed my hair up. Seriously black hair isn't that difficult to cut: 1.5 all around, taper in the back and soft edge. *************.

$48 in under 24 hours to get my hair cut and then the botched job fixed
ffffuuuu.gif

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i hit my head yesterday on the dresser picking up a pacifier for the baby girl. hurt like a *****, but seemed to be gone right away. turns out i have a rather painful bruise now eeeeeeeffffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuu!!

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
They happen here also but obviously not as often.

The guy used to live a rather shady lifestyle and I wouldn't have been that surprised if this had happened a few years ago. But he started up his own quite successful legitimate business 4 or so years back and left all that foolishness behind. Regardless of his past actions, he was a genuinely good guy. He helped out a lot of people in need, giving them jobs or helping set themselves up with their own thing. Looks like things caught up to him though and now his kids don't have father.
ffffuuuu.gif

Sorry to hear about him.

Peak and Pine

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thomas
...I turn into the ******* Cookie Monster. I keep them at the office, and over the last couple of months, I've blown through about two packages a week.

I have done two packages a night and would every night, so I just don't buy them. I cannot trust myself. You cannot either. Leave them in the store. (I am 5'9'', 145 lbs and the cookie thing is my only food vice. I am also 66 and you can be too if you keep your hands off the Keeblers.)

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stay up til 11, wake up at 4...

Five hours of sleep per night? I don't know how you can do it.

...except where peanut butter sandwich cookies are involved. Once I have a package of those in hand, I turn into the ******* Cookie Monster.

I know what you're sayin'. For the same reasons I don't allow myself to purchase Cheez-It crackers.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
cookie+monster.jpg

Jeez mang, you make it seem rather seedy and um, unhygenic. ew.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Biggskip
Five hours of sleep per night? I don't know how you can do it.

I know what you're sayin'. For the same reasons I don't allow myself to purchase Cheez-It crackers.

I'm not sure myself, actually, but it's just kinda been the routine for a while now. I've always been an early riser, and it helps to have goals to kick me out of bed and get moving.

Thomas

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Peak and Pine
I have done two packages a night and would every night, so I just don't buy them. I cannot trust myself. You cannot either. Leave them in the store. (I am 5'9'', 145 lbs and the cookie thing is my only food vice. I am also 66 and you can be too if you keep your hands off the Keeblers.)

Would be easier if they weren't RIGHT THERE at the first aisle of the HEB near my work. Just lying in wait, taunting me with their peanutty sandwichy goodness. On my way to the Greek Yogurt Aisle, there they are, lying in wait for the Sometimes-Virtuous Thomas, those packages of Peanut Butter Sandwich cookies, saying:
"Hey there Sailor. Me and my friends are feeling kinda lonesome. Nice cart you're driving, wanna take us for a ride?"

*sigh* And it happens all over again.
facepalm.gif

munchausen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate that all public offices are kept at refrigerator temperature for fat people. I shouldn't have to bring a jacket in when it's 97 degrees outside.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by munchausen
I hate that all public offices are kept at refrigerator temperature for fat people. I shouldn't have to bring a jacket in when it's 97 degrees outside.

You'd prefer to be sealed in a room of sweaty fatties?

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bollocks - two people resigned on me within the last 2 weeks.
2 out of 11 people I have down in this office.
1 of 5 in my other office.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads