• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gun Appreciation Thread

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Big A
Got a new blacked out Taurus Slim 9, and although I am loathe to actually recommend a Taurus, it's the ****.

I actually have a couple Taurus revolvers, including a compact .38 special (5 rounds) and the larger .357 magnum Tracker. I've found them to be very solid, reliable firearms at a very good price point. Mind you, I've never owned one of their pistols, but was tempted to pick up a stainless 9 mm last year. Bought a Beretta PX4 subcompact instead.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gnatty8
Bought a Beretta PX4 subcompact instead.

Cool. The 9mm?

I have been on the fence to buy that for over a year now. Only my prejudices against tuperware and striker-fired autos has held me back. If it had an aluminium frame I would've jumped on it. Now, I'm hoping my new 6906 will be what I'd hoped the PX4SC to be.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There are some interesting AKM kits on the market right now. Marked with a Star of David, they appear to have been imported from Israel and are captured PLO rifles or Iranian rifles intercepted on their way in to Israel and stored there for many years. All are Russian made (Tula and Izhmash) that I have seen, though there should be some Iranians out there, too and maybe some Egyptians. That's a lot of history in one 40-50 year old rifle.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JustinW
Cool. The 9mm?

I have been on the fence to buy that for over a year now. Only my prejudices against tuperware and striker-fired autos has held me back. If it had an aluminium frame I would've jumped on it. Now, I'm hoping my new 6906 will be what I'd hoped the PX4SC to be.

Actually, I have the .40 cal and the 9 mm in the PX4. I am a fran of Beretta it would seem. I must say, I am not enamored with the trigger pull on the 9 mm or the .40 S&W in the PX4. I can't put my finger on it, no pun intended, but there's just something about it.

thsiao

Reaction score
I just picked up a Ruger LCP for the g/f. she thinks it's "cute".... that's good enough for me

cretaceous_cretin

Reaction score
Cool. I wish I'd picked one of those up when they first turned-up.

I had a P226 several years ago and it would only feed FMJ 9mms reliably. Traded for a Walther P88. That one feeds everything, HP, FMJ, Blazer aluminum cased.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
I was watching Pawn Stars and they had an awesome French shotgun. Anyone see this?
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

lenahan

Reaction score
Nothing beats a .45 caliber m1911. Admittedly, I will be moving to NYC in a few weeks, so I virtually can't own a firearm.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by StephenHero
I was watching Pawn Stars and they had an awesome French shotgun. Anyone see this?
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Double-barreled flintlocks are always stunning. ~ H

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice, Kai. And the Tactical is such a well-engineered piece, though a little top-heavy when the mag is low. Whose can? I don't recognize it.

I run a CCF-Swiss.

~H

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There are some interesting AKM kits on the market right now. Marked with a Star of David, they appear to have been imported from Israel and are captured PLO rifles or Iranian rifles intercepted on their way in to Israel and stored there for many years. All are Russian made (Tula and Izhmash) that I have seen, though there should be some Iranians out there, too and maybe some Egyptians. That's a lot of history in one 40-50 year old rifle.

that brings back memories.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Huntsman
Nice, Kai. And the Tactical is such a well-engineered piece, though a little top-heavy when the mag is low. Whose can? I don't recognize it.

I run a CCF-Swiss.

~H

The can is an AAC Tirant. It's titanium, so it doesn't weigh much. Really reduces noise, muzzle blast, and recoil. Makes the 45 very easy to shoot.

I do like the HK USP. Nicest .45 I've used (compared with HK Mark 23, Glock or 1911) Fits my hands perfectly, and seems to aim itself.

I'm lucky enough to have a firing range right across the street from where I work 2 days a week, so I'm able to get out and shoot at least once a week (twice if I'm lucky.) However, lately I've been spending most of my time fine tuning ammunition for my .308 (will post pics once I get them)

OldSnake308

Reaction score
Anyone from Calguns.net on here?

My current collection
- DDM4 w/ ACOG + Surefire + Magpul goodies
- 870 w/ Surefire foreend + Knoxx Spec Ops Stock
- Savage .223 bolt gun
- Savage .308 bolt gun w/ McMillan stock
- Ruger 10/22
- Kimber 1911
- Springfield XD45

Sir Humphrey Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kai
My newest toy:

hk45.jpg

Why do you need a silencer on a gun? Presumably its just for home protection?

BTW this is such an American thread
laugh.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads