Gun Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by tiecollector, Aug 10, 2007.

1. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Got a new blacked out Taurus Slim 9, and although I am loathe to actually recommend a Taurus, it's the shit.

I actually have a couple Taurus revolvers, including a compact .38 special (5 rounds) and the larger .357 magnum Tracker. I've found them to be very solid, reliable firearms at a very good price point. Mind you, I've never owned one of their pistols, but was tempted to pick up a stainless 9 mm last year. Bought a Beretta PX4 subcompact instead.

2. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

Bought a Beretta PX4 subcompact instead.

Cool. The 9mm?

I have been on the fence to buy that for over a year now. Only my prejudices against tuperware and striker-fired autos has held me back. If it had an aluminium frame I would've jumped on it. Now, I'm hoping my new 6906 will be what I'd hoped the PX4SC to be.

3. JustinW

JustinW Senior member

There are some interesting AKM kits on the market right now. Marked with a Star of David, they appear to have been imported from Israel and are captured PLO rifles or Iranian rifles intercepted on their way in to Israel and stored there for many years. All are Russian made (Tula and Izhmash) that I have seen, though there should be some Iranians out there, too and maybe some Egyptians. That's a lot of history in one 40-50 year old rifle.

4. gnatty8

gnatty8 Senior member

Cool. The 9mm?

I have been on the fence to buy that for over a year now. Only my prejudices against tuperware and striker-fired autos has held me back. If it had an aluminium frame I would've jumped on it. Now, I'm hoping my new 6906 will be what I'd hoped the PX4SC to be.

Actually, I have the .40 cal and the 9 mm in the PX4. I am a fran of Beretta it would seem. I must say, I am not enamored with the trigger pull on the 9 mm or the .40 S&W in the PX4. I can't put my finger on it, no pun intended, but there's just something about it.

5. thsiao

thsiao New Member

I just picked up a Ruger LCP for the g/f. she thinks it's "cute".... that's good enough for me

6. cretaceous_cretin

cretaceous_cretin Senior member

Cool. I wish I'd picked one of those up when they first turned-up.

I had a P226 several years ago and it would only feed FMJ 9mms reliably. Traded for a Walther P88. That one feeds everything, HP, FMJ, Blazer aluminum cased.

7. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

I was watching Pawn Stars and they had an awesome French shotgun. Anyone see this?
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

8. lenahan

lenahan Senior member

Nothing beats a .45 caliber m1911. Admittedly, I will be moving to NYC in a few weeks, so I virtually can't own a firearm.

9. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

I was watching Pawn Stars and they had an awesome French shotgun. Anyone see this?
    IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Double-barreled flintlocks are always stunning. ~ H

10. Kai

Kai Senior member

My newest toy:

[​IMG]

11. Huntsman

Huntsman Senior member

Nice, Kai. And the Tactical is such a well-engineered piece, though a little top-heavy when the mag is low. Whose can? I don't recognize it.

I run a CCF-Swiss.

~H

12. globetrotter

globetrotter Senior member

There are some interesting AKM kits on the market right now. Marked with a Star of David, they appear to have been imported from Israel and are captured PLO rifles or Iranian rifles intercepted on their way in to Israel and stored there for many years. All are Russian made (Tula and Izhmash) that I have seen, though there should be some Iranians out there, too and maybe some Egyptians. That's a lot of history in one 40-50 year old rifle.

that brings back memories.

13. Kai

Kai Senior member

Nice, Kai. And the Tactical is such a well-engineered piece, though a little top-heavy when the mag is low. Whose can? I don't recognize it.

I run a CCF-Swiss.

~H

The can is an AAC Tirant. It's titanium, so it doesn't weigh much. Really reduces noise, muzzle blast, and recoil. Makes the 45 very easy to shoot.

I do like the HK USP. Nicest .45 I've used (compared with HK Mark 23, Glock or 1911) Fits my hands perfectly, and seems to aim itself.

I'm lucky enough to have a firing range right across the street from where I work 2 days a week, so I'm able to get out and shoot at least once a week (twice if I'm lucky.) However, lately I've been spending most of my time fine tuning ammunition for my .308 (will post pics once I get them)

14. OldSnake308

OldSnake308 Member

Anyone from Calguns.net on here?

My current collection
    - DDM4 w/ ACOG + Surefire + Magpul goodies
    - 870 w/ Surefire foreend + Knoxx Spec Ops Stock
    - Savage .223 bolt gun
    - Savage .308 bolt gun w/ McMillan stock
    - Ruger 10/22
    - Kimber 1911
    - Springfield XD45

15. Sir Humphrey Appleby

Sir Humphrey Appleby Senior member

My newest toy:

[​IMG]

Why do you need a silencer on a gun? Presumably its just for home protection?

BTW this is such an American thread [​IMG]