• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HorseHide

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
Is there anyone else around here besides me who doesn't like the Indy boot stitching?

There is nothing about the Indy boot that I like . . . but that's why there's vanilla and chocolate.

mediahound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kgmessier
Is there anyone else around here besides me who doesn't like the Indy boot stitching?

I like it. It's sorta unusual and sets it apart of 'any ol boot'. You could buy a more expensive boot but it would still generally look like 'any ol boot' to most.

I get a lot of compliments and looks when I've got my Indy boots on.

trunks206

Reaction score
Thor: Wow those are freaking awesome!!! NOMAR: Sweet LS boots and crisp pics! scb: You're making it tough not to hit up the LS crew and try and succure a pair of those navy PTBs. All the QC issues suck. It seems like the number one problem is the stitching in that area regardless of the model. Wouldn't it be a relatively simple fix in manufacturing process? Anyways since we can all agree that Alden shoes look awesome, I wore my Cigar LWB yesterday but I finally got a chance to post them.
IMAG0365.jpg

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
damn Thor, I am impressed! Though I shudder at the thought of the wait time and the price you paid as I have inquired about a MTO from Alden NYC myself in the past. May they last you a lifetime or as close to it as a pair of shoes can.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
very nice. I still need to get a pair of Alden in Whiskey. Today's shoe: Black Shell PTB

DSC00839-1.jpg

thank you

are your black ptb from tom. enjoy wearing

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiniW
damn Thor, I am impressed! Though I shudder at the thought of the wait time and the price you paid as I have inquired about a MTO from Alden NYC myself in the past. May they last you a lifetime or as close to it as a pair of shoes can.

Generally speaking, what is the up charge on a one off MTO shell boot? Percentage over it's closest available counterpart?

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NAMOR
Newest Arrival: #8 Plaza Cap Toe Boot. Vamp stitching looks okay although there are several loose ends
tounge.gif

DSC00858-1.jpg

good looking! enjoy wearing

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thor;4563635 said:
A new arrival...

....the final piece (or so I say now) to my shell-boot collection...Cigar Perf-Captoe (barrie last, leather sole, all eyelets, antique edge)...MTO courtesy of Alden-NYC.

10r95w7.jpg

very nice! enjoy wearing

Thor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MiniW
Thank you! I do plan to have them for a very long time... Actually, the wait time wasn't that bad- barely 6 months...the price?? well, I give a little shudder inside too... its an extra $200 for a MTO...buts its for a boot that didn't exist in a size that no one would ever carry...so, I can try and rationalize the pain away. ^Thanks Mac!!

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by HorseHide
There is nothing about the Indy boot that I like . . . but that's why there's vanilla and chocolate.

heh, exactly how I feel. I just don't get the Indy boot in any of it's varieties, but others do

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by trunks206
Thor: Wow those are freaking awesome!!!

NOMAR: Sweet LS boots and crisp pics!

scb: You're making it tough not to hit up the LS crew and try and succure a pair of those navy PTBs.

All the CC issues suck. It seems like the number one problem is the stitching in that area regardless of the model. Wouldn't it be a relatively simple fix in manufacturing process?

Anyways since we can all agree that Alden shoes look awesome, I wore my Cigar LWB yesterday but I finally got a chance to post them.

IMAG0365.jpg

+1 for gunboats and argyles

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thor
Thank you! I do plan to have them for a very long time...

Actually, the wait time wasn't that bad- barely 6 months...the price?? well, I give a little shudder inside too...

its an extra $200 for a MTO...buts its for a boot that didn't exist in a size that no one would ever carry...so, I can try and rationalize the pain away.

^Thanks Mac!!

amortize over 20 years it is 10 ten dollars a year. again enjoy wearing

lummers13

Reaction score
I'm supremely jealous Thor...that's basically how I would like my captoe boot to be!

Lovely LWB trunks206!

Quick question for all...

Going through airport security with a pair of Aldens...should I just put them in my check-in or actually wear them or put them in my carry-on and let them get x-rayed? I'm really iffy about putting them in my check-in because I've traveled enough that I've lost a few bags over the years. Going to my sister's wedding in Dallas and I'd love to show them off haha. Thanks in advance!

HorseHide

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lummers13
Going through airport security with a pair of Aldens...should I just put them in my check-in or actually wear them or put them in my carry-on and let them get x-rayed? I'm really iffy about putting them in my check-in because I've traveled enough that I've lost a few bags over the years. Going to my sister's wedding in Dallas and I'd love to show them off haha. Thanks in advance!

Dude, they're shoes. Don't overthink this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads