***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

Is there anyone else around here besides me who doesn't like the Indy boot stitching?

There is nothing about the Indy boot that I like . . . but that's why there's vanilla and chocolate.

2. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

Is there anyone else around here besides me who doesn't like the Indy boot stitching?

I like it. It's sorta unusual and sets it apart of 'any ol boot'. You could buy a more expensive boot but it would still generally look like 'any ol boot' to most.

I get a lot of compliments and looks when I've got my Indy boots on.

3. trunks206

trunks206 Senior member

Thor: Wow those are freaking awesome!!! NOMAR: Sweet LS boots and crisp pics! scb: You're making it tough not to hit up the LS crew and try and succure a pair of those navy PTBs. All the QC issues suck. It seems like the number one problem is the stitching in that area regardless of the model. Wouldn't it be a relatively simple fix in manufacturing process? Anyways since we can all agree that Alden shoes look awesome, I wore my Cigar LWB yesterday but I finally got a chance to post them. [​IMG]

4. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

damn Thor, I am impressed! Though I shudder at the thought of the wait time and the price you paid as I have inquired about a MTO from Alden NYC myself in the past. May they last you a lifetime or as close to it as a pair of shoes can.

5. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

very nice. I still need to get a pair of Alden in Whiskey. Today's shoe: Black Shell PTB

[​IMG]

thank you

are your black ptb from tom. enjoy wearing

6. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

damn Thor, I am impressed! Though I shudder at the thought of the wait time and the price you paid as I have inquired about a MTO from Alden NYC myself in the past. May they last you a lifetime or as close to it as a pair of shoes can.

Generally speaking, what is the up charge on a one off MTO shell boot? Percentage over it's closest available counterpart?

7. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

Newest Arrival: #8 Plaza Cap Toe Boot. Vamp stitching looks okay although there are several loose ends [​IMG]

[​IMG]

good looking! enjoy wearing

8. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

9. Thor

Thor Senior member

Thank you! I do plan to have them for a very long time... Actually, the wait time wasn't that bad- barely 6 months...the price?? well, I give a little shudder inside too... its an extra $200 for a MTO...buts its for a boot that didn't exist in a size that no one would ever carry...so, I can try and rationalize the pain away. ^Thanks Mac!!

10. jhcam8

jhcam8 Senior member

thank you

are your black ptb from tom. enjoy wearing

I'd say BB.

11. makewayhomer

makewayhomer Senior member

There is nothing about the Indy boot that I like . . . but that's why there's vanilla and chocolate.

heh, exactly how I feel. I just don't get the Indy boot in any of it's varieties, but others do

12. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

Thor: Wow those are freaking awesome!!!

NOMAR: Sweet LS boots and crisp pics!

scb: You're making it tough not to hit up the LS crew and try and succure a pair of those navy PTBs.

All the CC issues suck. It seems like the number one problem is the stitching in that area regardless of the model. Wouldn't it be a relatively simple fix in manufacturing process?

Anyways since we can all agree that Alden shoes look awesome, I wore my Cigar LWB yesterday but I finally got a chance to post them.

[​IMG]

+1 for gunboats and argyles

13. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

Thank you! I do plan to have them for a very long time...

Actually, the wait time wasn't that bad- barely 6 months...the price?? well, I give a little shudder inside too...

its an extra $200 for a MTO...buts its for a boot that didn't exist in a size that no one would ever carry...so, I can try and rationalize the pain away.

^Thanks Mac!!

amortize over 20 years it is 10 ten dollars a year. again enjoy wearing

14. lummers13

lummers13 Well-Known Member

I'm supremely jealous Thor...that's basically how I would like my captoe boot to be!

Lovely LWB trunks206!

Quick question for all...

Going through airport security with a pair of Aldens...should I just put them in my check-in or actually wear them or put them in my carry-on and let them get x-rayed? I'm really iffy about putting them in my check-in because I've traveled enough that I've lost a few bags over the years. Going to my sister's wedding in Dallas and I'd love to show them off haha. Thanks in advance!

15. HorseHide

HorseHide Senior member

Going through airport security with a pair of Aldens...should I just put them in my check-in or actually wear them or put them in my carry-on and let them get x-rayed? I'm really iffy about putting them in my check-in because I've traveled enough that I've lost a few bags over the years. Going to my sister's wedding in Dallas and I'd love to show them off haha. Thanks in advance!

Dude, they're shoes. Don't overthink this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.