• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Stuart Sales

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by norcaltransplant
I think this was one of those sales that required arriving early, and grabbing the good stuff within the first hour of the sale. I saw the usual forum members--Chorse, Philovance, Stockwellday, Poorsod, and Mack prowling through the shoes in the first hour (I didnt see Billiebob or some of the other guys who remain anonymous). I believe most of the smaller jackets were picked clean by SF members; most of my damage was done in the odd sportcoat department. I was also happy to completely revamp my shoe tree stock, and the black shell cordovan oxfords were simply too tasty to pass at less than $300.

I'm sure Ill just have to sell something on Ebay to recoup the costs.

Hello to you too!

There were some nice SC shoes but, alas, I'm just not that formal anymore, and already had a pair of suede oxfords...not quite as elegant, but couldn't justify the upgrade.

Got some shoe trees in size 41 and 42, also a few pair of ridiculous striped socks for 7.50/pair.

My favorite item was a size 38 tweed coat with matching lapelled vest, both in purple. Tried on the coat; looked like an ice cream cone.

Left without it.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Pickings were slim by noon. Some nice jackets, but the prices seemed too high for what you were getting.

Grabbed a pair of dark brown Selwyn's in 10D, but now that I'm home I realized I need a 1/2 size larger. Guess I'm finally coming to terms with the fact that my feet have grown.

I'll post them on the B&S board later this week if anyone's interested.

lefty

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by billiebob
I got two pairs of shell cordovan stuarts choice. The first is a burgundy plaintoe blucher that will send the Aldens to the back of the closet for a little while. The second is a black captoe oxford with a single sole, and very sleek for shell. These were marked 850 and 900 retail, but I don't recall these prices from the last couple of seasons at Paul Stuart. I'll post a pic on the shoe thread when I get a chance.

If anyone had any interest in black croc penny loafers and brown croc bit loafers, there were several pairs around for 250. Black and brown in 11, etc. There were a fair amount of 11 and 11.5 brown brogues and loafers in narrow widths like C and B. Several pairs of shell cordovan penny loafers as well in 10.5,11, and 11.5

The suit selection was thin in 41 and 42.

help! help!

I'll pay someone to get me a pair of the croc (real croc only) loafers in size 11.5D?

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Probably about the same number as the 10s. Say about 10 - 15 pairs of Stuart's Choice plus assorted adds and ends. Whether they have more in the back I can't say.

lefty

billiebob

Reaction score
to clarify, the black croc penny I saw was indeed a size 11.5 US, retailed for $1300. It looked like a D-width, but I didn't check to verify this. They were made in Italy.

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by billiebob
to clarify, the black croc penny I saw was indeed a size 11.5 US, retailed for $1300. It looked like a D-width, but I didn't check to verify this. They were made in Italy.

Can someone get this pair for me?

Thanks,

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr monty
Can someone get this pair for me?

Thanks,

Not dissing anyone's taste, but I saw that loafer and I thought it looked like shite and you couldn't pay me enough to wear it. If someone goes for you, ask them to phone you a pic.

billiebob

Reaction score
Here are a couple of pics of the cordovans I got at the sale yesterday.

The burgundy shells have some interesting coloration. It looks as if they were polished first with burgundy, then with black around the seams and hardware. The shoes change color in different light, so it hardly comes through in the pics.

Here's a closeup of the coloration

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Much more modestly:

My new PS socks.

Added value is provided by the way the background screen is showing this actual thread.

mylesmyles

Reaction score
can someone clarify something for me

i bought a pair of Stuarts Choice made in england shoes at the sale yesterday - and presumed they were Grenson Masteriece shoes, but there are some pople who said that they were EG in posts. Can someone clarify, or at least tell me what to look for to tell the difference.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mylesmyles
can someone clarify something for me

i bought a pair of Stuarts Choice made in england shoes at the sale yesterday - and presumed they were Grenson Masteriece shoes, but there are some pople who said that they were EG in posts. Can someone clarify, or at least tell me what to look for to tell the difference.

They are Grenson Masterpiece level shoes. EG made Stuart's Choice shoes a decade ago.

Anyone been to the sale this morning? Any markdowns?

Lint Brush

Reaction score
Sportcoats further marked down (orig. $784, now $279, etc). Further markdowns on sportswear as well. I picked up a couple of Japanese made polo shirts and my first bolt of fabric for $75 (hard for me to market a Saturday trip to TipTop as a family excursion). So I'm thinking this wool/cashmere blend will make a nice pair of fall/winter pants. Should I call Mr. Rodriguez of Staten Island, Mr. Ned, some other CMT option? Your thoughts welcomed.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lint Brush
Sportcoats further marked down (orig. $784, now $279, etc). Further markdowns on sportswear as well. I picked up a couple of Japanese made polo shirts and my first bolt of fabric for $75 (hard for me to market a Saturday trip to TipTop as a family excursion). So I'm thinking this wool/cashmere blend will make a nice pair of fall/winter pants. Should I call Mr. Rodriguez of Staten Island, Mr. Ned, some other CMT option? Your thoughts welcomed.
I suggest calling Dario only if you have a pair of trousers he can copy. I'm a little less than impressed with his work when he does the measuring.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads