1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Paul Stuart Sales

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by mussel, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Cordovan

Cordovan Senior member

Does PS ever advertise these sales?

2. skefferz

skefferz Senior member

Was the 70% off regular price still in effect?

3. shawndo

shawndo Well-Known Member

It was 70% off yesterday, what was it today?

*oops, didn't notice the last post*

4. Jaygatsby28

Jaygatsby28 Senior member

How about size 38 suits? Should I even bother if I am looking for 2 basic 38 suits and a few trousers?

5. lefty

lefty Senior member

One of the guys said that he thought the price may drop to 80% off on Friday afternoon.

If you're waiting be aware that they close early on Friday - 5:00.

lefty

6. billiebob

billiebob Senior member

There were some markdowns on ties (10/$150) and shoes (only stuarts choice were tassel loafers (11). People really bought up all the size 16 and 16.5 neck dres shirts. There were only a few garish ones left.

7. Master Shake

Master Shake Senior member

There were some markdowns on ties (10/$150) and shoes (only stuarts choice were tassel loafers (11). People really bought up all the size 16 and 16.5 neck dres shirts. There were only a few garish ones left.
    I was there at the beginning of the sale on the first day. I didn't see even one tie I was interested in, let alone ten.

8. oscarthewild

oscarthewild Senior member

I think that as far as sample sales are concerned, the Paul Stuart sale has the best dressed shoppers by far.

Mine was $110, as were a few others I saw. They had a crazy grey with large windowpane tweed that was 4 meters or more, and a few others. Also, there were a few good jacket materials when I looked, but the selection was very limited. And did you see the one that said 50% wool, 50% paper? Paper?

If some kind soul can describe this fabric better, it would be much appreciated. Good for jackets only or possibly suitings?

Much thanks

-

9. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

It is a medium/dark grey with a purple windowpane. 3.5 meters, $110. Heavy tweed, only for outerwear or a heavy sportcoat. I kind of liked it, but the windowpane is large and the grey would be a hard sportcoat color. Pass.

A few minor discounts. 80% off now on sweaters, shirts, sportcoats and pants. 75% on outerwear and suits. Shoes are marked down a little, but what does it matter. Tried on a pair of silk loafers for my tux, but they were a little big. Pass. I did get a few ties, but that's it.

Oh, and I talked to one of the PS guys (a menswear buyer, I believe) for a while. He sounded disappointed with the sale and suggested they won't be doing one for a while. Could just have been bluster designed to get me to buy.

10. dr.no

dr.no Senior member

Just back from "lunch" at Soiffer Haskin. All suits are now 250, sportcoats 150. Outerwear down to 80% off.

I scored a beautiful Phineas charcoal DB wool overcoat originally $1,378!

11. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

Thanks for the update. I may have to run by on my way uptown.

Just back from "lunch" at Soiffer Haskin. All suits are now 250, sportcoats 150. Outerwear down to 80% off.

I scored a beautiful Phineas charcoal DB wool overcoat originally $1,378!

In size M? I tried that on this morning and liked it a lot. Beautiful cut and nice light fabric. The PS guy was giving me the hard sell, and offered me 80% off, but I wasn't sure I needed it, and IIRC, the fabric is a wool/nylon blend.

12. dr.no

dr.no Senior member

In size M? I tried that on this morning and liked it a lot. Beautiful cut and nice light fabric. The PS guy was giving me the hard sell, and offered me 80% off, but I wasn't sure I needed it, and IIRC, the fabric is a wool/nylon blend.

That's the one. It fits me perfectly of the rack. fabric is indeed a blend but great hand, I actually thought it was cashmere when I first grabbed it.

My SA indicated further cuts were likely tomorrow morning around 9:30 (shhhh)

13. chorse123

chorse123 Senior member

I actually thought it was cashmere when I first grabbed it.

I had the exact same thought. It will be interesting to see how it wears. Really a nice looking coat. Congrats.

14. lefty

lefty Senior member

Did anyone grab the PC brown overcoat with the leather piping?

lefty

15. dr.no

dr.no Senior member

Did anyone grab the PC brown overcoat with the leather piping?

lefty

Both the M and L were still there at lunch time. I nearly bought the M myself.

16. lefty

lefty Senior member

Both the M and L were still there at lunch time. I nearly bought the M myself.

I didn't want to hear that.

lefty

17. Beckwith

Beckwith Senior member

What is general pricing on suits, and is there a large inventory of larger sizes, i.e. 44-46?

18. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Senior member

Is there anything actually left?

19. andyw

andyw Senior member

........had to go back for a second bite of the apple.......suits @ $250, sports jackets @4150, outerwear @ 80% off and all shoes @ $79.

Obviously even more unremarkable selection, but picked up a dark blue woven cashmere scarf for $48 and a sports jacket.

Prices at giveaway level tomorrow..........assuming you want what's left.

Lots of women's apparel left....wonder how women perceive PS?

20. Hard2Fit

Hard2Fit Senior member

Would love to hear if they have anything in a 39 L. . .