• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Iron Heart denim

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by madmadigan
Would the 301 be better than the 666 if I was looking for a slim jean, with taper, but not too tight on the knee (got a bad knee, and sometimes if it's too tight around knee I can't do it). Basically want something slimish through hip and thigh, that tapers from the knee down, but again, not too tight on knee. For what's it's worth I'd prob be a 34 or 36. Which would be best for me.
Don't remember for sure, but IIRC, from the last time I tried on those two cuts in OD, the 301S had a little more room in the knee.

imschatz

Reaction score
Asking more out of curiosity then necessity .. any websites that have frequent "sales" on any of their Ironheart products? Looking into getting one of the work shirts, and wondering where to shop.

y7bbb6

Reaction score
ive had my 301s for quite a while, but they've only seen moderate wear because i hate the way the top block looks.

i took it in to the tailor's last week to take in the hip and now i love em. pics coming

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by linkinwayne
Would anyone happen to know how the T-shirts are like? Mainly curious about the weight and the fit

I have a couple of IH t-shirts. Like their jeans, their t-shirts are heavier than average. As a matter of fact, I would probably say that their t-shirts are the heaviest that I've owned before. They feel really solidly constructed, too.

The fit is pretty average. I would not say that they are slim cut Ts. Like most Japanese brands, they run about one size smaller than their Western equivalents (I wear a size L in most Western brands but am an XL in IH).

linkinwayne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by commodorewheeler
I have a couple of IH t-shirts. Like their jeans, their t-shirts are heavier than average. As a matter of fact, I would probably say that their t-shirts are the heaviest that I've owned before. They feel really solidly constructed, too.

The fit is pretty average. I would not say that they are slim cut Ts. Like most Japanese brands, they run about one size smaller than their Western equivalents (I wear a size L in most Western brands but am an XL in IH).

Thanks for the help! Was just wondering as I flicked through Self Edge's online site.

imschatz

Reaction score
Originally Posted by linkinwayne
Thanks for the help! Was just wondering as I flicked through Self Edge's online site.
take a look at Ironheart.co.uk .. they have a forum thread for each item, and the guys there post a tonne of fit picks.

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Iron Heart Beatle Buster OD and SBG Jeans & 12oz Denim Workshirt

We've just received two new jeans from Iron Heart, both in the Beatle Buster fit but in new denim.
Along with the new jeans we've gotten a small run of their new selvedge denim workshirt. This shirt has a great fit to it and due to the shade and feel of the denim it looks as though this may age faster than denim shirts we've carried in the past.

One of the jeans is an overdyed version of the original Beatle Buster and the other is a Super Black jean that fades to gray over time. We've seen a few pairs of these that have been worn for a few months and the denim has aged very well.

Both of these jeans along with the workshirt and a full restock of all Iron Heart jeans, belts, and jackets are available now in our online store and at all three Self Edge stores Check out the product pages in our online store for full spec lists, measurements, and hi-res photos of all the new jeans and shirt.

Shop Iron Heart!

Iron Heart Overdyed Beatle Buster - Slim
IHXB01XOD_00.jpg

IHXB01XOD_00_03.jpg

IHXB01XOD_00_06.jpg

Iron Heart SBG Beatle Buster Jean - Slim
IHXB01XSBG_00.jpg

IHXB01XSBG_00_03.jpg

IHXB01XSBG_00_06.jpg

Iron Heart 12oz Raw Indigo Selvedge Work Shirt (Check out Josh's 4 year old Iron Heart 301s Jeans)
IHSH-53_01.jpg

IHSH-53_03.jpg

IHSH-53_04.jpg

IHSH-53_05.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Self Edge x Iron Heart = SEXIHXINDO16 - Forever Two Wheels

The new SEXIHXINDO16 jean is a collaboration between Self Edge and Iron Heart with a nod to our Indonesian clients. There is a strong denim and vintage loving community in Indonesia and we wanted to make a jean for them with one of their favorite brands. Everything from the fabric to the fit to the leather patch was made with the Indonesia community in mind.

We're proud to have a reach that far around the world and this is our way of recognizing their dedication to vintage style American garments.

The fabric is a heavyweight unsanforized denim which is exclusive to Self Edge and was developed for us for the SEXIH07 jean. It was the first time Iron Heart had done an unsanforized denim, it ages with extreme contrast and great character that rivals the best Japanese denim available today. With a silhouette that we designed to fit every body type we've decided to do these in a wide range of sizes due to it's extremely versatile fit.

THE SEXIHXINDO16 JEAN WILL GO ON SALE AT NOON (LOCAL TIME) AT ALL SELF EDGE STORES ON SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 24TH. THEY WILL GO ON SALE IN THE ONLINE STORE AT 10AM (PDT) THE SAME DAY.

Check the online store for a full spec list, measurements, shrinking info, and more:
http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=71&products_id=764

SEXIHXINDO_01.jpg

SEXIHXINDO_02.jpg

SEXIHXINDO_03.jpg

SEXIHXINDO_04.jpg

SEXIHXINDO_05.jpg

SEXIHXINDO_08.jpg

SEXIHXINDO_07.jpg

SEXIHXINDO_06.jpg

bagley920

Reaction score
What is everyone's experience with IH denim and the washing process? Does washing help with the break in process or cause them to shrink? Recently purchased a pair of 461's and want to "loosen" them up a little. Any advice?

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Iron Heart Mock-Twist Shirts, Micro-Cord Shirt, and 25oz Jeans

We've started to receive shirts and jeans from Iron Heart's Fall/Winter 2011 collection.
Starting it off is a set of mock-twist fabric shirts available in both red and black. The fabric has a nice heft to it and the body is triple-stitched for durability.

Next up is our favorite fall shirt to hit the store yet. It's a black micro-cord shirt which has a double woven weft so the inside feels very smooth and the fabric is windproof even though it's light-weight. The outside is so soft it feels like velvet, super flavorful indeed.

We've also got their new 25oz denim jeans made of a dark indigo sanforized selvedge fabric. These are available in both the 634 (straight leg) cut and the 666 (slim leg) cut.

Along with these new items all the stores have received full restocks of all Iron Heart jeans, jackets, and belts.

All these items are available now at all three Self Edge stores and in our online store, there will be no restock of these shirts or jeans. Check the online store for spec lists, measurements, and hi-res photos:

Iron Heart in our online store:
https://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=71

Iron Heart 634-XHS 25oz Denim Jeans - Straight Leg
IH-634-XHS_01.jpg

IH-634-XHS_01_03.jpg

Iron Heart 666-XHS 25oz Denim Jeans - Slim Leg
IH-666-XHS_01.jpg

IH-666-XHS_01_06.jpg

Iron Heart Black Micro-Cord Shirt
IHSH-50_01-1.jpg

IHSH-50_01_02.jpg

Iron Heart Mock Twist Shirt - Black
IH-GREY_01.jpg

IH-GREY_01_02.jpg

Iron Heart Mock Twist Shirt - Red
IH-RED_01.jpg

IH-RED_01_03.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads