• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers: Trendy for Young Professionals

NewYorkBuck

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MikeDT
How can it be spam?

I can't see how the OP is going to gain financially from this, and anyway BB is a supporting affiliate of SF in case you didn't notice. i.e. BB pays money to SF, when anyone buys things through the affiliate link at the top of the page. 'Support our sponsors' as they say.

Because companies pay internet media/marketing firms to write blurbs (exactly like the above was written) on sites like this. That BBs has an affliate link does not disallow this, it simply means that everyone at BB marketing is not in perfect communication. Not a stretch by any means.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sanguis Mortuum
I think this looks good...
confused.gif

Dorky? Wtf?

Yes. That's an awesome GTH look.

45elkton

Reaction score
I live in a southern city and it seems like wearing BB is the quickest way to blend into the crowd. I also work in finance, so that isn't as much of a criticism as it might initally appear.

sobecane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wolfador
Not all. I have some of the luxury shirts that have no pleats.

Extra Slim Fit Non Iron shirts have no pleats either. Those are my favorites.

nemesisrobot

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bjornb17
Troll thread.

However, i see BB are more like something that a middle-aged person would wear, not a young person.

I disagree, there are lots of options for the younger crowd.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PLaydice
Whats with those hoody's? Yikes, Brooks bros likes big logo's now. What's next big fleece logo polo's and multi fleece logo pants?
Damn you! Someone in marketing just read that: guess what is coming next season...

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I want a giant fleece logo rugby and want it to say BROOKS down one arm BROTHERS down another arm est. 1818 on the pocket. What about pants with brooks brothers logo pennants all over em? Brooks brothers country club tennis headbands anyone? haha

Klobber

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Anticitizen
Their storefront mannequins are dressed up as variations of this. A boss of mine (owner of the company actually) pretty much buys everything from BB, and he always looks... dorky. Rich, but dorky. Like Richie Rich!

It doesn't look like what grown men wear. It looks like what you'd dress your kid up in for prep school... or Hogwarts University.

That's my opinion, anyway.

Looks good. If my daughter brought home her first BF and he dressed like that, I would offer him my hand and say "put it right there son". Provided his handshake was not some limp offering, he would find himself part of the family chop chop...

Nothing wrong with Brooks Brothers. Some of their fits are too conservative - often catering for the larger than average man. But they have been slimming their stuff down last few years. Quality of their stuff is mostly reasonable not quite reaching excellence, but then again they do not charge Kiton or Loro Piana prices for their RTW collections.

inq89

Reaction score
I now find myself almost buying exclusive BB (used or discounted...cheap budget). I like how they offer a range of fits, but like most SFers I don't like how they are trying to compete with other brands and lowering their standards with their logo sweaters and flip flops. But those kinds of items are suppose to attract my generation (I am 22yo). I am biased though as you can tell by the name of my blog.

I agree with OP in that most of my peers don't know about BB. If they dress preppy its always the mall brands like RL and Nautica or Vineyard Vines. BB and J Press are that high standard that is still relatively uncommon in my area.

Agreeable that they aren't the best in quality, but for a young professional BB is much better than 95% of what other people my age wear.

repp_fink

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bjornb17
Plus BB shirts have box pleats. Epic Failz.

The "signature" BB join of the cuff to the sleeve, where all the shirring is gathered into half a dozen tight little pleats in one spot, just enrages me for no articulable reason.

Otherwise, yeah, BB is the go-to entry point for lower end trad, and I'm OK with that. The highger-end GF stuff is nice if the cut is what you're looking for (and let's not even get into the derivation of "sack"), and though I'm more of a Paul Stuart man for my GTH tweeds'n'checks needs, de gustibus non est disputandum, etc. etc.

repp_fink

Reaction score
Originally Posted by PLaydice
I want a giant fleece logo rugby and want it to say BROOKS down one arm BROTHERS down another arm est. 1818 on the pocket. What about pants with brooks brothers logo pennants all over em? Brooks brothers country club tennis headbands anyone? haha

You mean to say that those sweatpants with the "PINK" across the rump aren't by Thomas Pink?

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by repp_fink
The "signature" BB join of the cuff to the sleeve, where all the shirring is gathered into half a dozen tight little pleats in one spot, just enrages me for no articulable reason.

Otherwise, yeah, BB is the go-to entry point for lower end trad, and I'm OK with that. The highger-end GF stuff is nice if the cut is what you're looking for (and let's not even get into the derivation of "sack"), and though I'm more of a Paul Stuart man for my GTH tweeds'n'checks needs, de gustibus non est disputandum, etc. etc.

Really, you don't like their signature "shirring" at the cuff? That is actually one of the things that I like about BB and I'm glad they carry it through to their luxury and BF lines.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads