Brooks Brothers: Trendy for Young Professionals

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by BrooksBrotherChar, Jun 1, 2011.

1. BrooksBrotherChar

BrooksBrotherChar New Member

Many young professionals are not aware of Brooks Brothers Attire and how well suited it is for young professionals. How do you feel about there attire selection and their value? I am pro Brooks Brothers and feel that their clothing perfect for Corporate America. Although their pricing is slightly higher than some of their competitors; I believe that the extra spent is well worth the cost. What are your opinions? Are they any other competitors in the industry that you feel can compete with BB? From where I stand; there is no other... Just wanted to obtain some feedback to get other young professionals thoughts on the subject?

2. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

wow...

3. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

4. Iyor

Iyor Senior member

Many young professionals are not aware of Brooks Brothers Attire and how well suited it is for young professionals. How do you feel about there attire selection and their value? I am pro Brooks Brothers and feel that their clothing perfect for Corporate America. Although their pricing is slightly higher than some of their competitors; I believe that the extra spent is well worth the cost. What are your opinions? Are they any other competitors in the industry that you feel can compete with BB? From where I stand; there is no other... Just wanted to obtain some feedback to get other young professionals thoughts on the subject?

Where are you standing that you can see no other?

5. ter1413

ter1413 Senior member

Where are you standing that you can see no other?

on a soapbox...[​IMG]

6. Gibonius

Gibonius Senior member

on a soapbox...[​IMG]

[​IMG]/

(smilie clickable for added effect)

7. asdf

asdf Senior member

8. Grenadier

Grenadier Senior member

Going on 200 years is awefully long for a trend, don't you think? Maybe they just opened their first store in China?

9. nelly

nelly Senior member

Are they any other competitors in the industry that you feel can compete with BB? From where I stand; there is no other...

This is really quite a bold statement.

To actually answer the question, I personally do find BB to be a decent value for OTR suits when on clearance/sale. However, BB is still pulling itself out a era where previous ownership sacrificed quality for margin without realizing that quality allows you to create a loyal customer base willing to pay higher prices.

At the end of the day I don't consider a firm that doesn't innovate, isn't relentless on quality control and isn't forward thinking, as the leader in the industry.

10. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

Going on 200 years is awefully long for a trend, don't you think? Maybe they just opened their first store in China?
    They have, at the China Central Mall in Beijing. Looked rather deserted as well from what I seen, and very expensive as well for what appeared to be mostly 'Made in China' garments. Wonder how long BB will keep a venture like that going before they pull the plug on it.

11. bjornb17

bjornb17 Senior member

Troll thread.

However, i see BB are more like something that a middle-aged person would wear, not a young person.

12. MikeDT

MikeDT Senior member

13. CYstyle

CYstyle Senior member

Troll thread.

However, i see BB are more like something that a middle-aged person would wear, not a young person.

I think you'd be suprised, bb has been doing alot in the last couple of years geared at young professionals in their 20's and 30's

They have Black fleece, the milano and fitz extra slim fits, and a lot of the casual stuff is aimed at younger people, hoodies the heritage line etc.

It takes time though, every time they change, some people get angry and feel alienated.

14. Patek

Patek Senior member

Troll thread.

Under what rock have you been living? BB has been quite trendy the last couple of years and although they still offer their traditional offerings, they have some stuff that pushes the "trendy" limit.

15. Yachting Man

Yachting Man Senior member

Troll thread.

I've been working in investment banking for over 25 years and from my experience year after year all of the young analysts and associates coming in buy BB suits and accessories by the gross.