• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GreenFrog
I was in the banana republic shop earlier with my friend because he got a gift card for grad, so i was snooping around the scents. they didn't seem too bad. not groundbreaking, but they were very clean, crisp, and professional -- as in I could imagine myself wearing them in an office environment.

Thoughts?

Having worked there for three years, they are pleasant scents. Not offensive in any way, very safe, but each catering to a different vibe. The newest of the bunch for men, Republic of Men, starts off with plum and tangerine(?) in the top, with a bit more floral vibe before going into sandalwood. Slate is really bright, crisp, with a bit more of a citrus base and ginger. Black Walnut leans more towards a woody scent, with cederwood especially present in the drydown (It's probably my preferred of the BR scents). Cordovan caters to that darker vibe, with more musk/leather action going on, with maybe a bit of lavender and bergamont in there if I remember right.

Don't want to sound like an SA at all...

They're nice scents. On sale, they're probably worth it for a universally-pleasing, always-safe fragrance.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by willpower
They have miniatures up by the registers for $10-$15. They're good.

Oh damn, I didn't know that. I thought they only had the large bottles for $45 and I def. didn't think they were worth that much, nor did I want that much of it.

Will buy one miniature when I go back!

Thanks for that tip.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by El Argentino
Having worked there for three years, they are pleasant scents. Not offensive in any way, very safe, but each catering to a different vibe. The newest of the bunch for men, Republic of Men, starts off with plum and tangerine(?) in the top, with a bit more floral vibe before going into sandalwood. Slate is really bright, crisp, with a bit more of a citrus base and ginger. Black Walnut leans more towards a woody scent, with cederwood especially present in the drydown (It's probably my preferred of the BR scents). Cordovan caters to that darker vibe, with more musk/leather action going on, with maybe a bit of lavender and bergamont in there if I remember right.

Don't want to sound like an SA at all...

They're nice scents. On sale, they're probably worth it for a universally-pleasing, always-safe fragrance.

yeah, that's what i was thinking. there was one that i particularly liked, but i forgot the name of it. ill probably just pick up a miniature of it

Green Lantern

Reaction score
Vetiver Extraordinaire today

Green Lantern

Reaction score
Tomorrow Byredo Blanche

Reaction score
wearing a sample of versace man eau fraiche today. haven't bought a really generic fresh scent in awhile. thinking bout this. anyone else like it?

oh and last night i wore a sample of gucci guilty. i dunno bout that one. made me want to buy envy again though.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CologneReview
Also was trying to figure out if folks would be interested in a split of Selection Verte by Creed. It's apparently in their "Private Collection" and only being released for a short period of time.
Just to follow up on this one, I stopped by Saks today and saw a regular size small bottle labeled Selection Verte today. Been sitting there since forever and a day. I sprayed it on at 5:30 and can't smell anything now. Granted, only one of my nostrils is currently working, but still.

tps16

Reaction score
Friday-ADP Colonia Assoluta
Saturday- Bois du Portugal
Sunday- Cuir de Russie
Today- Coco edp

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Just to follow up on this one, I stopped by Saks today and saw a regular size small bottle labeled Selection Verte today. Been sitting there since forever and a day. I sprayed it on at 5:30 and can't smell anything now. Granted, only one of my nostrils is currently working, but still.

Interesting - I'd only ever seen it in the flacons.

Mr_Incognito

Reaction score
Just received my Luckyscent sample of the following fragrances. It would be interesting to find out the ones that suit my taste.

Amouage Dia Man
Montale Black Aoud
Amouage Jubilation XXV
Avignon
Timbuktu
Dzongkha
Le Labo Rose 31
Santal Noble
Blenheim Bouquet
Hammam Bouquet

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr_Incognito
Just received my Luckyscent sample of the following fragrances. It would be interesting to find out the ones that suit my taste. Amouage Dia Man Montale Black Aoud Amouage Jubilation XXV Avignon Timbuktu Dzongkha Le Labo Rose 31 Santal Noble Blenheim Bouquet Hammam Bouquet
Very good choices.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads