Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Senior member

Tomorrow Byredo Blanche

2. guest

guest Senior member

wearing a sample of versace man eau fraiche today. haven't bought a really generic fresh scent in awhile. thinking bout this. anyone else like it?

oh and last night i wore a sample of gucci guilty. i dunno bout that one. made me want to buy envy again though.

3. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Also was trying to figure out if folks would be interested in a split of Selection Verte by Creed. It's apparently in their "Private Collection" and only being released for a short period of time.
    Just to follow up on this one, I stopped by Saks today and saw a regular size small bottle labeled Selection Verte today. Been sitting there since forever and a day. I sprayed it on at 5:30 and can't smell anything now. Granted, only one of my nostrils is currently working, but still.

4. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

I'm wearing real ambergris (whale) oil perfume today. Creamy.

5. willpower

willpower Senior member

6. tps16

tps16 Senior member

Friday-ADP Colonia Assoluta
    Saturday- Bois du Portugal
    Sunday- Cuir de Russie
    Today- Coco edp

7. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Just to follow up on this one, I stopped by Saks today and saw a regular size small bottle labeled Selection Verte today. Been sitting there since forever and a day. I sprayed it on at 5:30 and can't smell anything now. Granted, only one of my nostrils is currently working, but still.

Interesting - I'd only ever seen it in the flacons.

8. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Might have been mislabeled, but I doubt it, since I've seen it in a few different stores like that.

9. Mr_Incognito

Mr_Incognito Senior member

Just received my Luckyscent sample of the following fragrances. It would be interesting to find out the ones that suit my taste.

Amouage Dia Man
    Montale Black Aoud
    Amouage Jubilation XXV
    Avignon
    Timbuktu
    Dzongkha
    Le Labo Rose 31
    Santal Noble
    Blenheim Bouquet
    Hammam Bouquet

10. Jerome

Jerome Senior member

Creed: Silver Mountainwater. Not my favourite but so-so o.k., is a bit 'dry' for my taste...

11. willpower

willpower Senior member

Just received my Luckyscent sample of the following fragrances. It would be interesting to find out the ones that suit my taste. Amouage Dia Man Montale Black Aoud Amouage Jubilation XXV Avignon Timbuktu Dzongkha Le Labo Rose 31 Santal Noble Blenheim Bouquet Hammam Bouquet
    Very good choices.

12. Mr_Incognito

Very good choices.

Thanks so much willpower! Here are my thoughts on these fragrances.

Amouage Dia Man - 6.5
    Montale Black Aoud - 8.5
    Amouage Jubilation XXV - 2
    Avignon - 4
    Timbuktu - 6
    Dzongkha - 7
    Le Labo Rose 31 - 6.5
    Santal Noble - 5
    Blenheim Bouquet - 6
    Hammam Bouquet - 5

I was not impressed by the Amouage fragrances, Jubilation XXV appeared very synthetic and strong. Hammam Bouquet appeared suitable for an old well dressed aristocratic lady but nowhere near a go to scent for my age and dressing style.
    Avignon reminded me of the room where they keep dead bodies to be used for dissection by medical students, it is good as the name suggests to be used as an incense if you have a study room filled with antiques and old books (Labelking comes to mind).
    Rose 31 was very clean and pure as if it was made for virgin girls and appeared most easy to make your everyday fragrance but at the same time it smelled like a mass produced fragrance so I will pass on it for the time being.
    Dzongkha was really good (much better than my expectation) but for my signature fragrance I would go with Montale Black Aoud, Black Aoud didn't appear that dark and strong as I had anticipated but that's a good thing, it is just right to bring the missing elements in my personality and keep me content for some time.

I am far from a fragrance expert and look forward to hearing your feedback on my reviews.

13. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

Thanks so much willpower! Here are my thoughts on these fragrances.

Amouage Dia Man - 6.5
    Montale Black Aoud - 8.5
    Amouage Jubilation XXV - 2
    Avignon - 4
    Timbuktu - 6
    Dzongkha - 7
    Le Labo Rose 31 - 6.5
    Santal Noble - 5
    Blenheim Bouquet - 6
    Hammam Bouquet - 5

I was not impressed by the Amouage fragrances, Jubilation XXV appeared very synthetic and strong. Hammam Bouquet appeared suitable for an old well dressed aristocratic lady but nowhere near a go to scent for my age and dressing style.
    Avignon reminded me of the room where they keep dead bodies to be used for dissection by medical students, it is good as the name suggests to be used as an incense if you have a study room filled with antiques and old books (Labelking comes to mind).
    Rose 31 was very clean and pure as if it was made for virgin girls and appeared most easy to make your everyday fragrance but at the same time it smelled like a mass produced fragrance so I will pass on it for the time being.
    Dzongkha was really good (much better than my expectation) but for my signature fragrance I would go with Montale Black Aoud, Black Aoud didn't appear that dark and strong as I had anticipated but that's a good thing, it is just right to bring the missing elements in my personality and keep me content for some time.

I am far from a fragrance expert and look forward to hearing your feedback on my reviews.

How did you feel about Blenheim Bouquet?

14. Mr_Incognito

How did you feel about Blenheim Bouquet?

Penhaligons fragrances including Blenheim Bouquet are really well made but I think they are only suitable for a very small niche group of people (.1% of the general population), I had read a lot about Blenheim Bouquet and Hammam Bouquet being aristocratic fragrances and I am happy that I did not do a blind buy for them because if a normal guy like me would have worn Blenheim Bouquet thinking of appearing/smelling like an aristocrat, it would appear to others that I was not wearing a fragrance at all as these fragrances are quite subtle. I believe these fragrances need the right age, attitude, money, contacts and the right places to get the best out of them.

15. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Thanks so much willpower! Here are my thoughts on these fragrances. Amouage Dia Man - 6.5 Montale Black Aoud - 8.5 Amouage Jubilation XXV - 2 Avignon - 4 Timbuktu - 6 Dzongkha - 7 Le Labo Rose 31 - 6.5 Santal Noble - 5 Blenheim Bouquet - 6 Hammam Bouquet - 5 I was not impressed by the Amouage fragrances, Jubilation XXV appeared very synthetic and strong. Hammam Bouquet appeared suitable for an old well dressed aristocratic lady but nowhere near a go to scent for my age and dressing style. Avignon reminded me of the room where they keep dead bodies to be used for dissection by medical students, it is good as the name suggests to be used as an incense if you have a study room filled with antiques and old books (Labelking comes to mind). Rose 31 was very clean and pure as if it was made for virgin girls and appeared most easy to make your everyday fragrance but at the same time it smelled like a mass produced fragrance so I will pass on it for the time being. Dzongkha was really good (much better than my expectation) but for my signature fragrance I would go with Montale Black Aoud, Black Aoud didn't appear that dark and strong as I had anticipated but that's a good thing, it is just right to bring the missing elements in my personality and keep me content for some time. I am far from a fragrance expert and look forward to hearing your feedback on my reviews.
    Did you try any of them on your skin? I thought you just got the box the other day.