Scent/Fragrance of the Day thread

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Dmax, Aug 22, 2007.

1. willpower

willpower Senior member

How do you guys feel about Kiehl's musk? I got myself a sample but haven't tried it yet as I prefer musky fragrances on colder days.

The first 30-45 minutes is a bit rough, but after that it's a very enjoyable fragrance. A great deal for the $.

2. Parker

Parker Senior member Dubiously Honored

Le Labo Vetiver 46. This one's growing on me.

3. PITAronin

PITAronin Senior member

+1 on the Le Labo Vetiver

4. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

damn it. I've got sandalwood on the brain, and can't decide between Etro's and LV. Will probably go with Etro but for some strange reason, LV seems to keep creeping into the ol' hindbrain. \\

Any recs here?

BTW: I have Egoiste, and samples of BdI, and a decant of Caswell-Massey (Thanks Daniel!). Just going through a time of exploration and WANT.

5. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

SoTD: Agua Brava

Very interesting. For comparitively so little money, I could see myself wearing this a lot more often.

6. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

damn it. I've got sandalwood on the brain, and can't decide between Etro's and LV. Will probably go with Etro but for some strange reason, LV seems to keep creeping into the ol' hindbrain. \\ Any recs here? BTW: I have Egoiste, and samples of BdI, and a decant of Caswell-Massey (Thanks Daniel!). Just going through a time of exploration and WANT.
    I've danced this dance myself and I think I prefer the Etro in the end. Its just got "something" that the LV doesn't. The LV isn't bad by any stretch. T-Bone - call up Lafco NY. They'll ship you nice sized spray samples of the LV's for only around $3 a pop w/no shipping. Its a great way to try out the lineup or give yourself a refresher.

7. IndianBoyz

IndianBoyz Senior member

Boss Bottled. It was a gift. I think it's too sweet/vannila-ish. But the apple in here make it nice and fruity in a good way. Now it does last very long so don't over-apply if you're going to try some.

8. Master-Classter

Master-Classter Senior member

Today I wore Etro Sandalo (from the swap box that I should be able to get out on Friday); for whatever reason I think I could have sprayed once in each nostril and still smelled nothing. As the day went on I sort of got a musky waft every once in awhile at best. Is it possible for a fragrance to have zero top notes? Heh.
    My bottle was a tester well used in a store, so it's possible it's not the same as fresh juice... but, from smelling other samples of this IIRC it's not the type to project a lot. Like MPG's Santal Noble, it sort of hovers over the skin with a hum, no crazy projection, just slow steady presence. I wore it for the first time a few weeks ago and found it would sort of waft in and out of my perception throughout the day. Lasted quite a while too, just not a big projection. I think it's just a different style of frag than maybe what you're used to.
    damn it. I've got sandalwood on the brain, and can't decide between Etro's and LV. Will probably go with Etro but for some strange reason, LV seems to keep creeping into the ol' hindbrain. \\
    Any recs here?
    BTW: I have Egoiste, and samples of BdI, and a decant of Caswell-Massey (Thanks Daniel!). Just going through a time of exploration and WANT.

I'm not sure you'll even like the CM Sandlewood, but it is quite different, hence you might like to test it just for interest sake. I find it quite creamy and milky, whereas Etro's is much more spicy, thick, nutty, etc.
    How do you guys feel about Kiehl's musk? I got myself a sample but haven't tried it yet as I prefer musky fragrances on colder days.
    One of the first bottles I ever bought actually. I've traded most of it away since people always want to try it. Good for layering, a decent scent IMO but somehow I don't wear it that often. I actually spray my sheets with it more often. I don't think it's a problem in summer, just take it easy on the trigger otherwise you might get some sweaty BO vibes.

9. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I was in the banana republic shop earlier with my friend because he got a gift card for grad, so i was snooping around the scents. they didn't seem too bad. not groundbreaking, but they were very clean, crisp, and professional -- as in I could imagine myself wearing them in an office environment.

Thoughts?

10. willpower

willpower Senior member

I was in the banana republic shop earlier with my friend because he got a gift card for grad, so i was snooping around the scents. they didn't seem too bad. not groundbreaking, but they were very clean, crisp, and professional -- as in I could imagine myself wearing them in an office environment.

Thoughts?

They have miniatures up by the registers for $10-$15. They're good.

11. Thomas

Thomas Senior member

Thoughts?

Uninspired but otherwise solid, based on the ones I've tested.

12. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Thoughts?

Having worked there for three years, they are pleasant scents. Not offensive in any way, very safe, but each catering to a different vibe. The newest of the bunch for men, Republic of Men, starts off with plum and tangerine(?) in the top, with a bit more floral vibe before going into sandalwood. Slate is really bright, crisp, with a bit more of a citrus base and ginger. Black Walnut leans more towards a woody scent, with cederwood especially present in the drydown (It's probably my preferred of the BR scents). Cordovan caters to that darker vibe, with more musk/leather action going on, with maybe a bit of lavender and bergamont in there if I remember right.

Don't want to sound like an SA at all...

They're nice scents. On sale, they're probably worth it for a universally-pleasing, always-safe fragrance.

13. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

They have miniatures up by the registers for $10-$15. They're good.

Oh damn, I didn't know that. I thought they only had the large bottles for $45 and I def. didn't think they were worth that much, nor did I want that much of it.

Will buy one miniature when I go back!

Thanks for that tip.

14. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Having worked there for three years, they are pleasant scents. Not offensive in any way, very safe, but each catering to a different vibe. The newest of the bunch for men, Republic of Men, starts off with plum and tangerine(?) in the top, with a bit more floral vibe before going into sandalwood. Slate is really bright, crisp, with a bit more of a citrus base and ginger. Black Walnut leans more towards a woody scent, with cederwood especially present in the drydown (It's probably my preferred of the BR scents). Cordovan caters to that darker vibe, with more musk/leather action going on, with maybe a bit of lavender and bergamont in there if I remember right.

Don't want to sound like an SA at all...

They're nice scents. On sale, they're probably worth it for a universally-pleasing, always-safe fragrance.

yeah, that's what i was thinking. there was one that i particularly liked, but i forgot the name of it. ill probably just pick up a miniature of it

15. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Senior member

Vetiver Extraordinaire today