• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maccimus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe it is the last day to wear my new jacket before autumn.
plain.gif

a.jpg

b.jpg

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
^^ I agree, welcome back, Holdfast - I was wondering what happened to you - glad you were off having a great time, looking sharp.
Originally Posted by Neofinitia
Mr Holdfast and Presto lookin' so killer, la.
Originally Posted by Mr_Incognito
Amazing!! The first picture is among one of your best fits.
Thanks! Good lighting, proper perspective, someone else taking the photo, and a nice setting make anything vaguely decent look good. The trousers in the first pic are the ones that got a fair bit of flak here a few weeks back for having too high a rise, for instance.
I struggle to find other pants to do with this SC
The apparent weightiness of the fabric would make it a fairly good fit for cords or jeans, I think. For more businessy looks, I'd be tempted to try it with lighter greys... or on a more "out-there" thought, what about beige or cream?
Originally Posted by MBreinin
Fuzz1.JPG

Good professional look.
Originally Posted by gregaz
DSC_6281.JPG

Great colours; surprisingly formal-looking (in a good way). Trying to get an outdoor shot. Unfortunately it's not in focus, as it was done with the timer and the camera autofocused on the distance. And the wind was blowing pretty hard, which has made the trouser legs look funny. Oh well...
ed0oW.jpg

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably would have done a solid belt here, seems a bit too much with the shirt - but other than that nice casual.
I realized that after posting. Thanks for the advice.

MrDaniels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MBreinin

Oh, yeah. And proof that I know how to smile. All it requires is '70s attire, a huge fro and a cup full of Vodka.
lol8[1].gif

70s4.jpg

I say get the shirt re-cut into a wide tie.

Prestosmp

Reaction score
Weekending in Linen/Cotton Shirt and Linen Pants

Bag by J.Fold
Drivers by Cole Haan

tumblr_lll08x2m7I1qkt22uo1_500.jpg

Originally Posted by Mr. Moo
That's a cool look, Presto.

Thanks for the Props

Parker

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Great photos, Holdfast. I like the hat on you. I love Rome.

Spoo, gray jackets are tough. I've found off-white can sometimes work for a summer kind of look. And colored cords for a winter look. Maybe go with dark red cords?

Originally Posted by gregaz
There should be a security guard thread ... this SO belongs in it.

+1 Really good. Mike is chief security guard.

Mr_Incognito

Reaction score
Shocker, it's raining again in NY.
cloud.gif

So, I'm not 100% on board with my fit today. I think I should have just done a solid white PS. I struggle to find other pants to do with this SC, but I always revert to a darker charcoal. The jacket has red and orange overcheck in it. I don't like blue, and beiges/browns don't work either. Any suggestions? I think this is passable, but there could be more contrast I think. With what, I don't know. Anyhow...
9898ea50.jpg

2dd42d17.jpg

84579eeb.jpg

If it was raining outside then your choice of PS is spot on, the colour combos look great too. Maybe you can go for an even darker shade for your pants.

Navi

Reaction score
Originally Posted by spoozy
Some sweet looks lately, lads...been to the shores of Zaandvort, but sucked stylistically.
Hence, pictures have been taken today...

5750136939_bd128960c7_z.jpg

5750137249_69e28ee383_z.jpg

Nice one! Love that jacket man. Would've liked to see a different square but having trouble thinking of one that would work... Maybe a white linen with navy edging? Or rust edging. Not sure but good looks!

Spoo that's great. Not sold on the shirt choice but the pants are fine. Sky blue gingham shirt would look great, at least it does in my mind....

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Here's a picture I just found on a friend's blog of me at an photo opening a few weeks ago.
1104_Picturing_CA_17.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads