• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prada_Ferragamo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnannemarie
Hey mate
Thanx for the criticism, sometimes I forget how crude people can be on this forum. In regards to the thongs, I think it's an Australian thing, there everywhere and is part of our culture. The jacket is a type of sports coat I guess that's made out of linen and silk so it's good for the 40+ degree days in perth

People are only crude when bad fits are posted. Regardless if sandals/thongs are everywhere, they just look bad. If it's 40+ plus outside, why wear a jacket to begin with. The who ensemble makes you look like a douche club goer who had his gf to dress him up.

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by scott.m
IMG_1931.jpg

IMG_1933.jpg

To grab dinner with my lady in Chelsea, then to kick it with Westside.

Junya
TB
Junya
Trickers

This is great, easily one of your best.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by johnannemarie
Hey mate
Thanx for the criticism, sometimes I forget how crude people can be on this forum. In regards to the thongs, I think it's an Australian thing, there everywhere and is part of our culture. The jacket is a type of sports coat I guess that's made out of linen and silk so it's good for the 40+ degree days in perth

Yeah...I'm in Philly, and morbid obesity, garishly florescent Nikes, oversized and poorly pre-distressed jeans sagged most of the way down the ass, logo t-shirts, and New Era hats are everywhere (you could even say they're part of our culture
smile.gif
), but I wouldn't want to integrate any of those into my style. Sometimes it's about transcending the cultural morass that surrounds you.
teacha.gif

The jacket would go better with some lightweight slacks, IMO, which would be more warm-weather appropriate than jeans anyway. Also, you should only wear sandals if it's so hot that you're pairing them with shorts and a t-shirt or tank top (in which case you shouldn't post the fit regardless).

None of this is to say that you shouldn't participate here or anything like that; I'd just suggest lurking more, maybe spending some time looking at this thread and thinking about which fits you like and why.

Originally Posted by slack tide
4-1.jpg

2-1.jpg

Loved it until I saw what the "pants" were.
plain.gif

Originally Posted by APK
This must be a geographical thing, because I'd kill to be fed up with seeing girls wearing leggings or skinny jeans.

In terms of geographical things, I would most certainly not want to see the majority of girls here wearing leggings or skinny jeans.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wayyyy overdue and pants were falling off (need to be taken in) but here is the Jil suit.
5727276248_e16983a9ce_z.jpg
Get your cookin dance on, APK. Also, notice the pedestrians shoes?? Deets:
IMG_1895.jpg

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
j9wXy.gif

The back of the pants are light blue? How is the color-blocking set up?

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
back of pants are Cobalt Blue, back of blazer is 2 grey panels and middle panel is cobalt, so nice. Shirt is CDGH colorblock in varying teals.

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fits you really well scott, looks great. I love sneakers with informal everyday suits, I do this too.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by snake
Nice, scott. Want to see those color-block details!
Ask and ye shall receive, update my post. Thanks for the kind words gents!!!

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
yo is that the cdx chuck highs on your feet ?

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Yeah man that whole thing looks great, love the casual way of wearing it (could have also seen it go the opposite way with crisp white shirt buttoned to the top / polished black oxfords.

You said you wore it to Sunday brunch? perfect.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CDG Play chucks on the feet, hundreds on the laces, you ain't sayin nothin less you talkin big faces.

brunch indeed with the lady and a few other Sufu'ers, including sidney lo (who was kind enough to photograph it for me <3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads