• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

__CB__

Reaction score
Originally Posted by asobu
I never ever feel like going shopping or trying stuff on but whenever I'm in Tokyo I go to ragtag/rinkan/space/etc etc all the time, it's like a drug. cause you never know when you'll find that amazing piece from some collection 5 years ago at a great price but you know for sure that it'll be gone by the next day...

+1, had some nice pickups from ragtag/space/heatwave - Shibuya stores always seem the best, Harajuku ones are good for streetwear too but I never seem to find much at the Shinjuku ones. Most Japanese treat their clothes good so most stock looks new/near new (often even current season!).

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Went to a mall Burberry and was actually very impressed by the staff. Homie was decked out in the label (complete with Prorsum glasses) and knew his ****, homess was actually running and sliding in leather soled high heels, probably the only girl around these parts who knows how to properly wear a pair. Too bad they don't stock any Prorsum Also, Apple dude waived the $200 repair fee for my iPhone and I walked out with a brand new iPhone4
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
^ you lucky ass mofo

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by __CB__
+1, had some nice pickups from ragtag/space/heatwave - Shibuya stores always seem the best, Harajuku ones are good for streetwear too but I never seem to find much at the Shinjuku ones. Most Japanese treat their clothes good so most stock looks new/near new (often even current season!).

Yeah, generally I think there is better stuff to be found in Shibuya, there seem to be more good stores there as well. I've had some luck with one of the Ragtags in Shinjuku though, and the one in Ginza has been particularly good to me. Just too bad that one's sort of out of the way.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
spending friday looking for a summary of lysistrata, this is what i get http://www.sparknotes.com/yearbook/2011/best-dressed heres the best, so far
7JnAv.jpg
IwPIn.jpg
VdDOZ.jpg
1. I am quite unique and sophisticated in my wardrobe. 2. People not only from my own school, but also surrounding schools look to me for fashion advice. 3. I have the physical capabilities to wear anything from "Athletic-Fit Vintage" (particularly Abercrombie & Fitch) to "GQ's latest muscle fit." 4. People consider me the "Abercrombie Guy" of my time. 5. I truly know how to accessorize with anything that I'm wearing. 6. I incorporate what I wear into whatever I'm doing. 7. Besides what I wear, my hairstyles and body tone almost always stand out as well. 8. I work as a model for Hollister in the summer. 9. I attend many formal events. 10.Dressing up every now and again is never something I am afraid to do.

tween_spirit

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
NN this is so good I don't even know what to say, my coworker I'm sitting next to here and I are just sad that there are only 50

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I think this one has to be fake. Dear god i hope so. Sounds way to much like how an MC guy would redo their high school experience
5d5583075a3f3610b1aa6ec28333975862524690.jpg
34fad014012dec20be21cc351c5baf5926e35440.jpg
Classicus 1. I haven't worn a t-shirt to school a single day this school year. 2. All I got for Christmas was Brooks Brother's gift cards. 3. At my school we give out senior superlatives such as most artistic, best dressed, etc. I'm a junior and I already have people campaigning for me to get best dressed next year. 4. Look at those pictures!

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
AA size small fine jersey ts fit me so much better after a hot wash/dry. nice.

Has there been a discussion of t-shirt fabrics at some point? I tried searching for it, but the search function doesn't seem to like hyphens. Pretty much all I ended up with was a discussion of the WvG "****** fabric".

Something along the lines of:

- AA viscose tees are 100% viscose (and pile like nobody's business)

- AA tri-blends are 50% poly, 25% cotton, 25% rayon (and you can wash and dry them a bajillion times)

- Man of Moods tees are 70% rayon, 20% cotton, 10% silk (and feel really nice, but I haven't washed mine yet)

- Odyn Vovk Cure tees are 50% micromodal, 50% cotton (I don't have one, but I think APK spoke highly of them)

and so forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads