• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gumercindo
Anyone in the DC area try the RL outlet in Leesburg for RRL?

Never seen RRL there. Woodbridge is the place.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by somatoform
End clothing has some RRL up for sale. Pretty good deal on the Low Straights:

http://www.endclothing.co.uk/brands/...ight-jean.html

Only $440.
laugh.gif

Westside, if you go back to check on the status of those selvedge buckleback chinos, can you also check if they have a 36?

man I hate UK pricing...

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
laugh.gif
, well, I am 34 and all I feel comfortable in are straight leg mid to high rise jeans. I wear a 30 size jeans in RRL which have an actual measurements of 32-33" in the waist. I believe that front and back rise measurements are around 11.5 and 15.5 inches in that size. I have worn 1947 501, Eternal 811, Roy straight leg, and Samurai 710 and IME the rises of all these are within .5 inches of each other. I had the Momo with the battle stripes and I sold it because I felt the rise was too low.

I dont think the jeans look too high rise on me. And even if they do, for me most important is not to wonder for a moment if my butt crack or underwear band is showing. Surely no high rise jeans would look worse than a 34 year father of one with his low rise jeans half way down his ass .

I am going to get either this or that next. Both are mentioned as having 11" and 15" front and back rise.

However, given the sentiment here that the straight leg jeans are 'dorky', I will put up a pic and get some feedback before buying another of these. Give me till the weekend to put up a pic

definitely do, I am curious as well.

el duderino

Reaction score
I always wonder how people go about incorporating the more costumey RRL pieces like the stifel pant from Lighthouse. In this month's Free & Easy, dude goes all out with all the LE stifel pieces. Girl looks to be wearing the jacket as well.

Just the scarf, vest, pants, and jacket alone are about 2 grand. If he didn't get them from the US, something insane like at least 4 grand.

IMG_0175.jpg

harveyrabbit

Reaction score
Originally Posted by el duderino
I always wonder how people go about incorporating the more costumey RRL pieces like the stifel pant from Lighthouse. In this month's Free & Easy, dude goes all out with all the LE stifel pieces. Girl looks to be wearing the jacket as well.

Just the scarf, vest, pants, and jacket alone are about 2 grand. If he didn't get them from the US, something insane like at least 4 grand.

I'm pretty sure he is wearing a RRL chain wallet, so you will want to add that to the final cost as well.

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Who's shoes do you think he is wearing?

The guy looks great - they both look great. But seems like a much harder look to pull off in the U.S. - would be regarded as a little costumey.

el duderino

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kmdsimpson
Who's shoes do you think he is wearing?

The guy looks great - they both look great. But seems like a much harder look to pull off in the U.S. - would be regarded as a little costumey.

The pic is blurry in the mag, so you can't even tell if the shoes have brogueing, etc, so no clue.

And yeah, if you've seen the pants in person, you'll know that just those alone are pretty impossible to wear, but I think that of all stifel/wabash stripe pants. The jacket/vest separate could be easily worn though.

westinghouse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The RR Shop had something similar...

Now where's the coupon code???

osadolor619

Reaction score
I wanted those pants so bad. For some reason, there's only 26-28's floating around...

deez nuts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

IMG_0175.jpg

these are theRRshops favorite clients aka collectors. they live the true essence of the RRL lifestyle blah blah blah

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deez nuts
these are theRRshops favorite clients aka collectors. they live the true essence of the RRL lifestyle blah blah blah
lolz but you are probably correct

srgprod

Reaction score
El duderino, re: The Free & Easy pic...

and she looks to be wearing the lightweight denim pants from the Lighthouse collection. I love how this looks. Not for everyone but works great on them.

osadolor619

Reaction score
If anyone plans to buy from the Ralph Lauren store.. I just put up a gift card in the B&S! Check my sig!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads