• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
*Wally*, brutal... try not to scare off the new blood people. I mean it's so much more fun to assimilate them. Resistance is futile. Fabio - hair needs work, I don't suggest a shave, but consider some new styles. The polo is a nice color for you, but needs a little trimming around the waist. Jeans won't get much lover around here but they're probably ok for what you fo and the people you hang out with. They look bad cuffed, so either hem or let them stack a little if possible. lastly, it's "have a beer" or "drink a beer" or whatever. "take in a beer" is probably the technical translation but just isn't the way English speakers say it.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
the people you hang out with

You just lost them.
facepalm.gif

fabio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Master-Classter
*Wally*, brutal... try not to scare off the new blood people. I mean it's so much more fun to assimilate them. Resistance is futile.

Fabio - hair needs work, I don't suggest a shave, but consider some new styles. The polo is a nice color for you, but needs a little trimming around the waist. Jeans won't get much lover around here but they're probably ok for what you fo and the people you hang out with. They look bad cuffed, so either hem or let them stack a little if possible. lastly, it's "have a beer" or "drink a beer" or whatever. "take in a beer" is probably the technical translation but just isn't the way English speakers say it.

about the hair everyday i have new ideas for it have changed a little bit will post another picture soon.
yeah its bad cuffed i thought that knew someone would say it indeed that happened thank you now i know how to do it and what should i do with that jeans to look better.

master yeah you are right the ppl that i hang with like those jeans but i will never buy this style anymore im learning so much with yours.

thank you Wally and Master

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
No joke but we need a constantly updated "Best of WAWYT", if at least to be a reference point for newbies.
It'd be cool to have every member select 2-3 of their favorite fits for an archive, I know that if I was starting out I'd use that as a cool reference I'm not cool enough to fashion for myself and get a lot of cool ideas from WAYWT

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Same fit as I posted earlier. I'll repost both:

2is7h8x.jpg

24y4k11.jpg

Tucked or untucked? Tucked looks too cowboy-ish to me, but that might just be because I'm generally against tucking.

J.Crew
RRL
Beeswax DB
Corter belt, bracelet

Cuffs suck, I know, gotta get these jeans hemmed. Shirt's all dumb at the bottom, too, was too hung over this morning to notice how fucked up and wrinkled it is haha, needs to be ironed out.

East2West

Reaction score
It looks better tucked. The bottom of the shirt in the first pic looks weird.

123abc123

Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
It'd be cool to have every member select 2-3 of their favorite fits for an archive, I know that if I was starting out I'd use that as a cool reference

I'm not cool enough to fashion for myself and get a lot of cool ideas from WAYWT

Why not just create a HOF thread where only members of 150 post count or more can add pictures, im sure it would help a lot of ppl out.
Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique
Same fit as I posted earlier. I'll repost both:

Tucked or untucked? Tucked looks too cowboy-ish to me, but that might just be because I'm generally against tucking.

I like untucked better, oh and the shoes
eek.gif
IMO.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^The only reason the tuck looks cowboy-ish is because of that thick belt. Consequently, when untucked you can still the belt's silhouette...looks like the shirt is too tapered for you towards the end to wear untucked.

How does the tuck work for you? Comparing the two pictures, it looks like the shirt will be undone rather quickly when you raise the arms slightly since the shirt length is not all that long.

First picture was taken at H&M and 2nd was taken at J. Crew, right? Lol.

Khayembii Communique

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^The only reason the tuck looks cowboy-ish is because of that thick belt. Consequently, when untucked you can still the belt's silhouette...looks like the shirt is too tapered for you towards the end to wear untucked.
Gah, it's not, it's just wrinkled as **** in that photo because I didn't iron it out, it actually fits well untucked, maybe I should post a photo with it actually ironed.

How does the tuck work for you? Comparing the two pictures, it looks like the shirt will be undone rather quickly when you raise the arms slightly since the shirt length is not all that long.
Length is definitely long enough to tuck, again it's just wrinkled so it looks short.

First picture was taken at H&M and 2nd was taken at J. Crew, right? Lol.
Hahaha how'd you know?

East2West

Reaction score
Originally Posted by macuser3of5
he was behind you the entire time
marchal.gif

That's him standing on the shelf in the background

Sort out that wrinkle issue and wear it untucked

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Khayembii Communique
Gah, it's not, it's just wrinkled as **** in that photo because I didn't iron it out, it actually fits well untucked, maybe I should post a photo with it actually ironed.

Length is definitely long enough to tuck, again it's just wrinkled so it looks short.

Hahaha how'd you know?

The generic lay out, haha. The 3 or 4 H&M stores around here look the same, just like that. And the J. Crew dressing rooms also look the same from the 2 branches around here.

If I was behind you, I would've taken a fit pic of your fit pic while you were taking a pic of your fit pic.
cold[1].gif
eek.gif

The reason I asked is because I have shirts that are too long to be classified as sport shirts and not really long enough to be comfortably tucked in. I would have to redo the tuck through out the day. The shirt also looks funky when I wear a thick belt like yours underneath.

If it's long enough to be tucked in, do so...looks a lot cleaner IMO.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
Originally Posted by Lel
No joke but we need a constantly updated "Best of WAWYT", if at least to be a reference point for newbies.
It'd be cool to have every member select 2-3 of their favorite fits for an archive, I know that if I was starting out I'd use that as a cool reference I'm not cool enough to fashion for myself and get a lot of cool ideas from WAYWT

Originally Posted by 123abc123
Why not just create a HOF thread where only members of 150 post count or more can add pictures, im sure it would help a lot of ppl out.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
There should be a macro that automatically redirects noobizor's fit pics into the latter thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads