• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Unbranded Brand Jeans

wogbog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like looking at your pics modern art and I like the obsessive nature of your project so keep it up! I was gonna do a similar thing with a pair of N&F jeans I have but I'm also lazy.

modernART

Reaction score
^ thanks for the support wogbog! 112 days of consecutive wear without wash. http://www.withoutwash.com/2011/04/week-16-review
wk16-the-unbranded-brand-jeans-front-4.jpg
wk16-the-unbranded-brand-jeans-front-5.jpg
wk16-the-unbranded-brand-jeans-back-5.jpg
wk16-the-unbranded-brand-jeans-back-7.jpg
first noticeable stain - teriyaki sauce under the right back pocket
wk16-the-unbranded-brand-jeans-back-6.jpg

jimmyfingers

Reaction score
I have recommended these for a few guys that were looking for cheap selvedge. I am going to take that back. I have had a bunch of loose threads that needed cutting, a belt loop that seems to be coming undone, and the rivets around both pockets look like they might pop off soon. I own a pair of grey skinny fit w/ around 1 month of light wearing.

Nothing bad has happened yet, but I seriously doubt these are going to hold up past 6 months w/o some type of repairs.

I really like the actual material though, but construction seems to be below average compared to my nicer brands. Even NF jeans seem to be miles ahead when regarding durability.

Cheese1

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jimmyfingers
I have recommended these for a few guys that were looking for cheap selvedge. I am going to take that back. I have had a bunch of loose threads that needed cutting, a belt loop that seems to be coming undone, and the rivets around both pockets look like they might pop off soon. I own a pair of grey skinny fit w/ around 1 month of light wearing.

Nothing bad has happened yet, but I seriously doubt these are going to hold up past 6 months w/o some type of repairs.

I really like the actual material though, but construction seems to be below average compared to my nicer brands. Even NF jeans seem to be miles ahead when regarding durability.

I've had loose threads at times but that's about it, did you size down a lot?

jimmyfingers

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Cheese1
I've had loose threads at times but that's about it, did you size down a lot?

I went TTS. My waist as of right now measure around 33-33.5. I could have gone done even further, but I don't care for tight jeans.

The loose threads aren't that much of an issue to me. It's the belt loop and rivets looking like they are going to pop. These have extremely light wear of nothing but walking around and sitting on ******. 1 month is a conservative estimate as well.

I would be interested if anyone else has had these type of issues with their jeans.

Cheese1

Reaction score
I went TTS. My waist as of right now measure around 33-33.5. I could have gone done even further, but I don't care for tight jeans.

The loose threads aren't that much of an issue to me. It's the belt loop and rivets looking like they are going to pop. These have extremely light wear of nothing but walking around and sitting on ******. 1 month is a conservative estimate as well.

I would be interested if anyone else has had these type of issues with their jeans.

I have a pair with about 75 wears and it's been fine, my other pair should only have like a half month of wear but I haven't seen any problems, I have heard that the top waist button pops off at times on these. Apparently the little things aren't done so well with these jeans

modernART

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wEstSidE
modernART from hypebeast?
Yes, sir. Same modernART.
I went TTS. My waist as of right now measure around 33-33.5. I could have gone done even further, but I don't care for tight jeans. The loose threads aren't that much of an issue to me. It's the belt loop and rivets looking like they are going to pop. These have extremely light wear of nothing but walking around and sitting on ******. 1 month is a conservative estimate as well. I would be interested if anyone else has had these type of issues with their jeans.
Hey jimmyfingers, I've actually had issues with loose thread on my unbranded skinny as well (I sized up 1 from my true waist), and similar to you, it's not at all a big deal to me. As far as my belt loop and rivets go, they seem to be holding up quite well. I don't notice any potential problems in the near future. I've been wearing my pair everyday since the start of 2011 (today marks 119 days of consecutive wear), and for the most part, it's light wear - walking and sitting. True, construction and attention to detail could definitely be better. Overall though, I'm satisfied with the jeans for the price. Don't know if you've seen my posts in this thread, but you can check out my progress on my blog Without Wash (the link is below in my sig).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads