1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

The Unbranded Brand Jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mejoshua, Nov 17, 2009.

1. abcdenim

abcdenim Senior member

hey modernart, just wondering but why'd you choose unbranded for such an extensive project? why not something better known to fade, or something with a little bit more craftsmanship and quality?

2. transient

transient Senior member

hey modernart, just wondering but why'd you choose unbranded for such an extensive project? why not something better known to fade, or something with a little bit more craftsmanship and quality?

I think he started doing it because unbranded's fading properties aren't documented much. So far looks like they fade just as well as any other denim of higher 'craftsmanship and quality'

3. il ciclista

il ciclista Senior member

I'd say they fade the same..I've had mine for nearly a year. The only downside is when you get them to that point the denim is so thin it feels like it's about to blow apart at the crotch lol

4. shoppingshzhang

shoppingshzhang Senior member

5. il ciclista

6. lwkeung

lwkeung Senior member

^^ that is beautiful!
    i've had mine 6th months, and my crotch wear is like 4x yours. any solutions or prevention for it? they look like yours.

7. abcdenim

abcdenim Senior member

have you soaked them? washing/soaking keeps your jeans healthier, but at the same time you risk the deep contrast in the fades. it's a toss up, longer lasting jeans or quicker lighter fades.

if you have soaked them and stuff, repair the blowouts as fast as you can so they don't keep growing until your balls are hanging out lol

8. il ciclista

not really any tips, I guess it depends on what you do in them. I just sit/walk in mine pretty much. I've soaked twice and washed twice.

9. linkinwayne

linkinwayne Senior member

^^ that is beautiful!
    i've had mine 6th months, and my crotch wear is like 4x yours. any solutions or prevention for it? they look like yours.

You should probably go and get some preemptive crotch reinforcement. Pretty cheap and it'll prevent an embarassing blowout in public

10. UniqueDude1000

UniqueDude1000 Senior member

What is the consensus re: shrinking & soaking? I've read that these are sanforized, but they shrink anyways after a soak. If I do soak them, does it matter if I get them hemmed before or afterwards?

11. djc

djc Affiliate vendor

All jeans will shrink after a soak whether sanforized or not - you will find that the waist will shrink 3-5% but if you go TTS you should have no problems with the waist. The length will also shrink minimally, between 0.5"-1".
    There's no issue with hemming them before you soak, but keep in mind you might want to leave 0.75" or so to cater for the shinkage.

12. lwkeung

lwkeung Senior member

Started my Unbranded back in November 9, 2010. It's been about 6 months, and I decided to do a cold soak. Indigo Skinnys, Size 33. Before waist: 33.4 in After soak: 32.2in Shrunk 1.2 inches. Soak in a bucket of cold water for ~3 hours. After, I agitated it a little bit, poured out that water (was nasty yellow from dirt and starch), refiled bucket, and stuck jeans inside just to rinse. Hung outside until dry. It was very stiff after drying, and could stand up by itself! I'm wearing them now, and they are getting soft with every way. Actually smell worse than before lol. Ok, now the pictures. Before Soak [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] After Soak A little wrinkled, cause I shoved it into a buckle to soak. Will smooth out with wear. [​IMG] [​IMG]

13. djc

djc Affiliate vendor

Kind of hard to see the detail in the after shots, but it's looking good on the before shots. I would really recommend doing a proper wash with soap if it smells though

14. TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES Senior member

HOW DOES THE Unbranded Skinny Selvedge Jean compare to the APC PS?

15. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Senior member

any sales going on? if so can someone pick some up and sell in b&s