1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Unbranded Brand Jeans

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mejoshua, Nov 17, 2009.

1. BuffaloWang

BuffaloWang Senior member

Won't stretch a whole bunch, but yeah it stretch a tiny bit. Don't rely too much on stretching tho.

Soaking will not decrease the length (inseam). I warm soaked it twice with no change. It tightens the jeans and makes it stiffer, but this also dies out after wear. So if you want to make the inseam shorter, best thing to do is it get chainstitched hemmed at Self Edge or something. If you can't get it chainstitched, then a regular hem will do, except you won't have roping.

Or deal with lots of stacks.

The waist MOST LIKELY won't shrink too much from a soak. If you wash it though, according to "Rightyow77" it will shrink almost 2 sizes in waist.

1 person likes this.
  2. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

Quick fit advice question:

I've been wearing a pair of APC PS for a year now but I don't like the way the taper looks with boots. I am essentially looking for a similar fit through the top/thighs but a straight leg all the way down. I'm thinking the UB101 skinny straight would fit the bill. Can anyone give some advice on this... how does the rise compare to the PS?

That said, I take a 27 in APC PS... should I got for a 28 or 29 in the Unbranded?

3. touchdowntodd

touchdowntodd Well-Known Member

anyone ever confirm N&F is making these? I assume not japanese denim though ..

seems like the cuts are even super similar ... tapered leg is damn near a wierd guy .. still thinkin about some of these for myself

4. TooAwesome

TooAwesome Senior member

yes, many many times. if you buy them in store their name is on the receipt too. it is japanese denim but put together in china(?) instead of canada

5. touchdowntodd

jesus ... now i need to buy some LOL ... wish i hadnt found that out!

6. touchdowntodd

and these fade faster tahn N&F right?

7. touchdowntodd

and these fade faster tahn N&F right?

8. Spaghettimatt

Spaghettimatt Senior member

Anyone on this? I'd like to put in an order at Blue Owl tomorrow morning.

9. halisray

halisray Senior member

I just wore out my APC NS - what style is similar to the NS? The UB201 tapered fit I guess?

Also how is sizing? TTS, or 1 down? I'm a 32 (30 in APC).

10. ac_slater

ac_slater Senior member

The skinny does have that general fit yes. The rise probably won't be as forgiving as APC though. I would go for the size 28.
    They are the same materials for the most part. Made in a different country.
    Not really. They fade at about the same rate roughly.
    The tapered fit is somewhat similar to apc NS. But not really.

If you wear a 30 in NS then you would want a 31 in the tapered fit. Just keep in mind the unbranded are a lot slimmer below the knee. That's just the nature of the cut.

Here's measurements.

NS: http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=6

UNBRD Tapered: Size 31 (32" waist, 10.25" rise, 11.5" thigh, 8.2" knee, 34.5" inseam, 7.4" leg opening)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  11. capa

capa Senior member

Anyone find that the tapered fit crotch area sits weird? I just got a pair and they fit perfectly everywhere, but the crotch just looks strange which is making me return them.

12. tobiasfunke

tobiasfunke Senior member

I'm a true 33" waist. According to the Blueowl measurements, the skinnys run true to size, so I thought I should get a size 33. How come so many people here recommend sizing up? Are the Blueowl measurements inaccurate?

What is the actual inseam on the skinnys? Blueowl says 36", Urban Outfitters says 34", and Context Clothing says 33.75".

13. Dairy Phobic

Dairy Phobic Senior member

does blue owl ship to canada by usps?

and why are these only available online at urban outfitters... cant even try them on

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  14. Rightyow77

Rightyow77 Senior member

go with the 28 they are a tap slimmer than the NS and the taper at the leg is more like a straight leg, which I think is what your looking for.

15. Rightyow77

Rightyow77 Senior member

they are closer to a 36 maybe even a 35.5 I usually wear a 29.5 inseam or a 30 and had to take roughly 5inches of the bottom these run kinda like the N&f models. I say stick to that sizing SG= Skinny Straight, WG=Straight Taper, SG= Straight leg
    hope this helps.

16. BuffaloWang

BuffaloWang Senior member

Inseam is 36" I believe, loooooong.
    I think I took off like 4" + a taper.

I went with skinny, true to size. Fits well

17. Bartender

Bartender Well-Known Member

Inseam is 34.5 IIRC

18. Jay-D

Jay-D Senior member Affiliate Vendor

We ship worldwide and always use USPS Priority. To Canada, USPS will hand off to Canada Post, packages typcially take 7-10 days.

Unbranded inseams are inconsistent and depend upon the production run. Typically the skinny will be 35.5"-36". Straight and Tapered fits are usually 34.5"-35.5". If you need a specific inseam we can either look over our stock and find a specific length, or hem it to a shorter length at no charge.

19. groundkontrol

groundkontrol Well-Known Member

I ordered a 33 Skinny and a 32 Skinny. The 32 fits great in the waist but is super tight around the thighs. The 33 fits great in the thights but is a little lose around the waist. I'm not sure which pair to keep. Are these jeans likely to ever stretch out in the thigh area or is that unlikely? Also, I've been working out and planning to put on about 10-12 more pounds so I'm not sure if I should go for the 32 or 33.

20. Rightyow77

Rightyow77 Senior member

Go with the 33 and wear a belt you will be a lot happier in the end. From my experience they will stretch, but not much, slowly and over time. Post fit pics