• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

tall slim fit tees?

Spliff

Reaction score
Wow. I love the idea of your brand and the message its trying to give. You should really add M-T/2T to your sizings though. Having a L-T as your slimmest fit leaves out a lot of "tall slim" guys. I know you just started the new line but expanding your size range would really reinforce your brands message.

If you ever sell M-Ts ill be buying them in all colors all throughout the year. When I have the extra money ill probly buy one L-2T for the hell of it though to check the length and fabric.

Hehlol

Reaction score
Duluth Trading Company makes many t-shirts that are slim and cut 3 inches longer than others.

mrpress

Reaction score
I don't know what length you're looking for exactly but I'm 6'4 165 and medium mossimo athletic fit from Target fit me pretty well. Could use another inch or two in length but they're not too short. Your best bet would probably be to start with medium tall from Gap or BR and get it altered. I would think even the cheapest tailor could handle a t-shirt.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
I've had a couple of t-shirts taken in before (concert t-shirts that I really liked but had kind of a tent effect at the waist even though they fit in the chest). They can take them in at the sides like any other shirt. If there's no side seam, they create one. They can't do anything about the shoulders, though, so bear that in mind.

Not sure of the price because I was getting a bunch of stuff tailored at the same time, but I'm sure it was < $10.

jawzzy

Reaction score
Wash your shirts on cold then bunch up the body and stretch them from the armpits down to the waist vertically as hard as you possibly can. Line dry.

I do this with AA t-shirts and after 6-7 wash/wear cycles like this they even fit long on me. I'm 6'5."

I've taken even boxy, short Fruit of the Loom shirts and made them tall and really slim. The body of the shirt gets slimmer as it gets taller. Perfect solution.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Silent tees are very long and slim and can often be found for far cheaper than Julius or Rick-- $30 to $80.

A few of the wjk tees this season are cut very long and slim too. I tend to like these better since not only is the quality higher, but the style is more likely to mesh well with other styles. But these cost around $150 to $175.

Rick, Julius, and Silent tend towards a goth ninja type look. Unless you're totally committed to that style, they tend to be more difficult to wear.

bony boy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jawzzy
Wash your shirts on cold then bunch up the body and stretch them from the armpits down to the waist vertically as hard as you possibly can. Line dry.

Trying this out now, thanks!

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not to be a shill or anything, but if you're into the whole raw hem look, I'm selling an Odyn Vovk Cure tee which fits the bill. Trim in the upper body, but quite long.

Spliff

Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
I've had a couple of t-shirts taken in before (concert t-shirts that I really liked but had kind of a tent effect at the waist even though they fit in the chest). They can take them in at the sides like any other shirt. If there's no side seam, they create one. They can't do anything about the shoulders, though, so bear that in mind.

Not sure of the price because I was getting a bunch of stuff tailored at the same time, but I'm sure it was < $10.

I tried this awhile ago with M-Tall Finish Line tees. i had a relative who used to be a tailor do it for free so i could get an idea of how it would turn out first. the fit turned out great but the fabric on the finish line tees are kinda.... stiff and itchy. its uncomfortable. =p
i need to find tall tees with softer fabric. its hard though.

Originally Posted by BB1
Silent tees are very long and slim and can often be found for far cheaper than Julius or Rick-- $30 to $80.

A few of the wjk tees this season are cut very long and slim too. I tend to like these better since not only is the quality higher, but the style is more likely to mesh well with other styles. But these cost around $150 to $175.

Rick, Julius, and Silent tend towards a goth ninja type look. Unless you're totally committed to that style, they tend to be more difficult to wear.

Well i dont think id have a problem pulling off the look of some of their shirts. I just cant handle the prices. I could probly afford some of those silent tees if the fit was right. I looked them up though and i couldn't find anything about them. Do they got a website or online stores???

Max Biggavel

Reaction score
costco kirkland white tees, $15 for like 5 or something, theyre slim and long

kpmcdermott

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Spliff
Wow. I love the idea of your brand and the message its trying to give. You should really add M-T/2T to your sizings though. Having a L-T as your slimmest fit leaves out a lot of "tall slim" guys. I know you just started the new line but expanding your size range would really reinforce your brands message.

If you ever sell M-Ts ill be buying them in all colors all throughout the year. When I have the extra money ill probly buy one L-2T for the hell of it though to check the length and fabric.

Doctor and Spliff, thanks for your feedback! Spliff, I encourage you to try the L-2T. It is more slim than you'd think. While the shirts are water-treated (supposedly pre-shrunk), they do shrink additionally with a tumble-dry hot. I made sure the length was more than long enough to account for this, but compared to the likes of Banana Republic (mentioned early in the thread), they are much slimmer and made of a thick, sturdy but ultra-comfortable combed cotton.

As for sales since our launch 2 weeks ago, response has been pretty good, but not "exploding" by any stretch. The most important thing is the positive response I have received through feedback and product reviews. I knew there was an opportunity to market to tall slim men of varying heights and builds, but not to brag, but people LOVE the comfort of these shirts. It fits like a fitted tee should, but the quality and thickness give it a pseudo-sweater look and feel that make it highly fashionable.

Doctor, too bad you are in Australia. Happy to send over some samples and eat much of the shipping cost if you are tall and keen on the shirts. (Spliff, for you, and anyone else in the US, shipping is FREE)

Thanks guys,

Kevin

Nomy?

Reaction score
same problem i'm 6'4 with a 40chest, but I think some 26 or 27 length t-shirt's will fit if you wear your jeans right not halfway on your ass!

ETW

Reaction score
Any other ideas? I tried J Crew talls and they were slim enough but not long enough. Just tried Eddie Bauers slim tee that comes in tall and its still 2 inches wider than J Crew and not quite tall enough

Spliff

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nomy¥
same problem i'm 6'4 with a 40chest, but I think some 26 or 27 length t-shirt's will fit if you wear your jeans right not halfway on your ass!
damn i wish i had a 40+ chest. at 36 now used to be 32.

Originally Posted by ETW
Any other ideas? I tried J Crew talls and they were slim enough but not long enough. Just tried Eddie Bauers slim tee that comes in tall and its still 2 inches wider than J Crew and not quite tall enough

Well if your measurements are anything like mine then probly no shirt will fit you off the rack. Off the rack the slimmest and longest ive found is the AA summer shirt. the measurements are very inconsistent though. ive only bought them a couple times and it was online. usually they are just slightly too short for me, but they fit longer than any J Crew ive worn. one of the shirts i ordered ran longer it was medium with 32 in length it fit perfect. normal length for that size is 30 in i think. Measure the lengths of the shirts you have from the bottom of the neck to the bottom of hem and then figure out what length you need.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads